Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mwells72774 View Post
    How do you keep the PC from bunching up in the HP cavity?
    Good question. I’m not sure as I just did my usual shake n’ bake with BBs. Although there was a little less powder than I usually use.

Boolit Man
    Powder coated a bunch of 403-180 TC-PC using Sea Blue & Periwinkle Gray from Eastwood. I then cast about another 20 pounds worth. I'll spend the rest of the evening sizing the powder coated ones while streaming the 76's game on my laptop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PowderCoat-Jan29.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	213011
    Last edited by Cleatus; 01-29-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Banned
    Worked on jigs and tooling to convert 223 to 7.62x25

Boolit Master

Loaded all my 44 Spl brass, about 150 pieces, - 200gr Lee RFN over 5.5gr Promo. I really need more 44 Spl brass.

Then, decided to load up some 9mm, get rid of the last of the Berry's 124gr FN over 3.3gr Trap 100. I'll get that Trap 100 gone eventually.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm on Lee Turret - Jan'18 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	213048

That Trap 100 has a production date of 11/89. Got about 1/3 of it left.....

Boolit Grand Master

After taking a break from processing pistol brass to smelt wheel weights I'm back to processing pistol brass. Hope to finish up with the 40 S&W brass today. Resizing, tumbling, sorting by head stamp and storing it away.

Quote Originally Posted by EMR View Post
    Tried out my new MP 360-156 mold and did a small batch. It was my first time using pins and there were no instructions I think I figured it out though.

I think I’m really going to enjoy this mold!

Pentapoint!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Well I have been depriming some 38 nickel plated brass a friend that doesn't like to load nickel brass gave me , and I'm having to go back and look at every primer pocket to make sure the complete primer was removed . Yesterday out of 1 gallon I had 8-10 I couldn't get the left over part of the primer out . Today seams like it's going to be the same . Boy would It would be a lot easier if I could see better ...... slow going with a magnifying glass and reading glasses.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    Well I have been depriming some 38 nickel plated brass a friend that doesn't like to load nickel brass gave me , and I'm having to go back and look at every primer pocket to make sure the complete primer was removed . Yesterday out of 1 gallon I had 8-10 I couldn't get the left over part of the primer out . Today seams like it's going to be the same . Boy would It would be a lot easier if I could see better ...... slow going with a magnifying glass and reading glasses.
    i run all my cases on my case prep station.. it has a primer pocket true tool, and a crimp reamer if needed. if you have primers leaving walls in, the reamer or true-mill will remove them easily.

I just run all my cases that way... easy muscle memore when doing case prep.. do that then the mouth prep, if needed ( from trimming to chamfer, like on bottlenecked cartridges..e tc. - not so much on pistol brass.. etc. )

Boolit Master
    That sounds easier than trying to lever the left over primer walls out with a little screw driver , I have a couple holes in my hand where it slipped . I am just going to set them aside for today . When my wife wants to tighten up the screw in her glasses I will have another problem I broke the tip off . Hahaha

Boolit Buddy
    No one here's gon'a tell her who dun it.. but might ask her if she knows.....not me i'm to busy load'n 45 colt 240gr ( suppose to be 255gr.) cb's first time for 45's RCBS dies on a LEE hand loader. May have to take a little off the bottom of the crimp & bullet seat die to get a neater roll crimp .

coffee's ready,,,,Hootmix.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    That sounds easier than trying to lever the left over primer walls out with a little screw driver , I have a couple holes in my hand where it slipped . I am just going to set them aside for today . When my wife wants to tighten up the screw in her glasses I will have another problem I broke the tip off . Hahaha

Will keep you from damaging the pocket wall too, no screwdriver scratches.

Soundguy.... Your next post will be #1000.

Boolit Master
    Sized and deprimed some .357 brass that I fired today. They got as far as the tumbler....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Cleaning some primer pockets with a small wire brush on a Dremel tool. Touch of WD 4 on a Q-Tip into the primer pocket until I have a bunch done then wire brush. These are really old brass some going back before WW1 and the 30's to WW2 and then into Korea and Vietnam era so I want to clean all corrosion or potentially corrosive or moisture holding residue off to preserve them.

The process is a little tedious but it works well, little hard on that small wire brush but it came in a set from HF so cheap enough I don't care.

Also setting up to load .32 ACP when brass is running in the tumbler, can't wait to see how the NOE group buy 80 grain RNFP works out. Going with 1.8 grain Unique as a starting point. Just adjusting dies and powder throw for now. The Titan micro disk for an auto disk measure seems to be the ticket to those small loads.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Cleaning some primer pockets with a small wire brush on a Dremel tool. Touch of WD 4 on a Q-Tip into the primer pocket until I have a bunch done then wire brush. These are really old brass some going back before WW1 and the 30's to WW2 and then into Korea and Vietnam era so I want to clean all corrosion or potentially corrosive or moisture holding residue off to preserve them.

The process is a little tedious but it works well, little hard on that small wire brush but it came in a set from HF so cheap enough I don't care.

Also setting up to load .32 ACP when brass is running in the tumbler, can't wait to see how the NOE group buy 80 grain RNFP works out. Going with 1.8 grain Unique as a starting point. Just adjusting dies and powder throw for now. The Titan micro disk for an auto disk measure seems to be the ticket to those small loads.
    if you want to process more primer pockets, better, faster, and less tedius, get a case prep station. quite a few people make them.. lyman, rsbs, hornady,frank'd arsnl. etc. Multiple tool heads and tools. you can get primer pocket truing end mills, reamers, scrapper cleaners, and flash hole clearing/truing tools. then just let each piece of brass ride the merry-go-round as you are doing prep. corrosion comes right off with the piloted end mill and scrapper. then you can inspect your brass to see if the primer pockets are damaged or not. no little brushes to deal with.. etc. I have a lyman case prep center, plus I bought extra tools for the motorized heads besides what it comes with. a very very good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    if you want to process more primer pockets, better, faster, and less tedius, get a case prep station. quite a few people make them.. lyman, rsbs, hornady,frank'd arsnl. etc. Multiple tool heads and tools. you can get primer pocket truing end mills, reamers, scrapper cleaners, and flash hole clearing/truing tools. then just let each piece of brass ride the merry-go-round as you are doing prep. corrosion comes right off with the piloted end mill and scrapper. then you can inspect your brass to see if the primer pockets are damaged or not. no little brushes to deal with.. etc. I have a lyman case prep center, plus I bought extra tools for the motorized heads besides what it comes with. a very very good investment.
    On my wish list for someday, have seen some brass done like that and it was nice.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    On my wish list for someday.

If you come up with a large batch of cases to prep someday.. I'd eat soup for a month and get that thing. it's worth it!

Loaded some more Russian slugs for testing this weekend.

Kraken Fan #69

Love me some slugs!!!

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Nice day, rain coming tomorrow, so time to make some slugs, and then time to load some.

Page 280 of 604 FirstFirst ... 180230270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289290330380 ... LastLast