Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy

I have my oven set and all tuned up, waiting for my baskets to arrive and then I will try out the HiTek stuff, also ordered an upgrade kit for my lee pot
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Old Bob is going to be 83 tomorrow....

I drove up country to Volcanoville today and smelted the remainder of Old Bob's wheel weights for him. When it dries up this spring we'll get into his berm where about 120# is waiting there. We generally mine the berm 3 times a year and get about 80# each time but last year we only mined it once so I imagine there's a real treat waiting for us there by now.
    Bob allows the local Concealed cary instructor to bring his students there for their training and qualifying...they bring a lot of Pb and empty brass into the range...gotta love that.
    Below, the large pile is COWW and the small one is SOWW's...stinky, stinky...we did them last. I use a lot of sawdust doing those SOWW's and it tends to bind with and stick to the gummy mess from the stick-on adhesion pads and you can pull that mess out without any trouble or excessive smoke from cooking that stuff down.

Attachment 188764
    Bob's holding my sidekick...Bubby. Bob has been loading for more years than I've been alive...I'm 67 in April.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	188860Gonna do some coating today, I am a little behind on coating
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Yesterday after work, while the housekeeper was finishing up, I loaded 100 9mm, today I am going to start sizing the last 500 of the 1000 .223's I bought last summer, then find some small rifle primers and get on with the reloading. The Sportsman's and Outdoor show is on at the Expo, so I will have to go see all the "STUFF".

Boolit Man
    Sorted 2 buckets of wheel weights and cast some 405gr pills for my 45/70

Boolit Grand Master

Finished refurbing this LAM1.

Boolit Master
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

I sized 500+ .223 empties. Found out that my Lyman heater for my Star lube sizer is dead. I'll deal with that on Monday.

Boolit Mold
    I cast 1,000 9mm 125 gr. RN. Now working on 200 gr. 45apc now. Will end up with a couple of 1,000 when finished.

Boolit Master
    Didn't do anything but picked up 1k CCI spp so I'm good for the next couple of months for my 357 Winnie

Finished rebuilding the true line jr.

Lubed and new turret.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	189100Trying to make a dent in my coating backlog
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    Loaded 150 30-06' with 202 grn cast then deprimed and full length sized a whole 5 gallon of lc and fa 30-06' brass. I then wet tumbled all of it and then polished in dry media. It took all day and I still need to Swage all the primer pockets as it's all once fired. Maybe this weekend coming.

Oh yeah, did something stupid too.
    Somehow mixed around a hundred 41 Rem mag in with about 500 44 mag brass cases in the vibratory tumbler. That's a mistake I won't make again lol. Them suckers are really close the same size and I do t even own a 41.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Put the replacement repair parts into my #2 Dillon 550 press ... tomorrow I'll set it up in .38 Special and take it for a test drive ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Well, so much for best intentions ... instead of loading the reloading room got a couple of new additions. My brother-in-law is out visiting with us and he's a top notch finish carpenter. He couldn't help himself and rebuilt two of the sets of shelves down in my reloading room, added new shelves and some pegboard above my workbench out in the garage, and reinforced the heavily overburdended shelves in my wife's clothes closet! Maybe I'll try to set up the dies in the rebuilt Dillon tomorrow after I put everything back onto the new shelves down in the reloading room ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy

Installed my lee 4-20 pot upgrade kit today , it is well worth the price
    http://www.opennrg.com/product/lee-4...e-upgrade-kit/

Name:	1111.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	189218
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master
    Well it was actually Sat, but I managed to get roughly 60# worth if several calibers poured up to replace some we have really hit hard over the last couple of months.

Hope to get another 20-25# worth of the HG-68 and some MP 200gr HP's done in the next couple of weekends if I get time.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    He couldn't help himself and rebuilt two of the sets of shelves down in my reloading room, added new shelves and some pegboard above my workbench out in the garage, and reinforced the heavily overburdended shelves in my wife's clothes closet!
    In a previous house that we owned, my wife overloaded the clothes rod in her closet. I was surprised that a woman could actually manage to squeeze that many clothes in that amount of space that it would exceed the weight limits on the rod. So, I used it as an excuse to put a cedar lining in the closet and re-engineered the rod and shelf. I tested it by hanging 500 lbs from one small area of it and could not see *any* deflection. As they say, "anything worth engineering is worth *over*engineering"...

Loaded up 500 124 grain 9mm... I don't think filling this ammo can is going to be practical... I reckon it will weigh around 400 pounds, assuming I get 15k in it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Smelted about 7 gallons of old lead wheel weights, resulted in one full 5 gallon bucket of ingots plus a few.

Page 187 of 601 FirstFirst ... 87137177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197237287 ... LastLast