RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

I cast using 3 1cav ancient IDEAL molds. Slow and easy. Reminded myself how I started 60yrs ago.

Don't know how many I cast, but it wasn't many. I'll find out when I cull them.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Today I found my grandfathers bullet mold he made. Drilled holes in maple to use for handles and poured a few .44 call balls all the while talking to him like he was present. He passed before I was born. Put a new rivet in the hinge holes. He probably made the mold in 1870 to 1890s. I still have the barrel and lock. It has five point corners instead of lands and grooves. Similar to Glock barrels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181121_203030.jpg  

Today I found my grandfathers bullet mold he made. Drilled holes in maple to use for handles and poured a few .44 call balls all the while talking to him like he was present. He passed before I was born. Put a new rivet in the hinge holes. He probably made the mold in 1870 to 1890s. I still have the barrel and lock. It has five point corners instead of lands and grooves. Similar to Glock barrels.

Boolit Master

Prepped 400 .223 brass

Boolit Buddy
    Hosed off my scales with brake cleaner.

Powder coated and sized 600 round for 3 different calibers.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Tried out sulfur to remove zinc contamination using a cast iron pot at the burn pit. Have XRF from before sulfur will get one post sulfur and see how much good it did. Cast some premium alloy into .310 round ball to use as buckshot. Have some soft lead already cast to use to compare patterns. See if heavy and soft or lighter weight and harder work better.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

I tucked away 800+ lbs of lead ingots I scored for FREE!! They tested at 14.9 bin. My guess is they're smelted from wheel weights years ago... Woo hoo

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ak_milsurp View Post
    I tucked away 800+ lbs of lead ingots I scored for FREE!! They tested at 14.9 bin. My guess is they're smelted from wheel weights years ago... Woo hoo

Nice Score! & the price was certainly right!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Mold
    Received a "new to me" lubrisizer last night. Not sure of the brand. I cleaned and removed most of the old lube (what a mess!) and installed a .309 sizer die. Ran about 40 Lee 180gc just to work the rest of the old lube out.
    P.S. While I know guns & bullets are not always P.C. in public, being labeled "That Gun Crank" has resulted in more than a few really useful donations over the years. This sizer as an example. If you discreetly spread the word, you may be surprised what shows up at your door.

I sized and lubed 300 pieces of 452374 boolits. Loaded a few rounds of 9mm while I was waiting for the lube to warm up(cold basement).

Quote Originally Posted by ak_milsurp View Post

I was amazed when a buddy turned
    Me on to these. It was his next door neighbor. She's the widow of a dedicated hoarder, and the city was doing a forced clean up of her property. Talk about a "Black Friday" deal!
    He asked her what she planned to do with them. She said if you can haul them off, they're yours. Buddy isn't a caster, but wanted to use the lead for Winter traction ballast in his truck. He got 400 lbs, I got the rest! Nice early Christmas present, EH?! LOL

"Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

I'm still trying to find a happy place CB wise for my 1-7" twist .300 Blackout. L to R C309113f, C312155pc, C309170f. I've got the test rounds going around 1700 fps across the board. The 170gr(actual 180gr) flunked out yesterday with a 5" 40yd group.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Made a bunch of Arsenal 124 TC 9mm's and a few 81 grain 32acp's this weekend. Smokes powders really do work well! I would guess around 1000 9mm's.
    PC1 by Matt Ward, on Flickr
    PC2 by Matt Ward, on Flickr
    PC3 by Matt Ward, on Flickr
    Last edited by mattw; 11-25-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Boolit Master

Gathered up the various spent 44 Mag brass. De-capped, washed, dried, tumbled. Maybe a couple hundred pieces.

Now to sort by headstamp, and get it back to firing condition....

Boolit Master

Spent the morning at the range yesterday. This morning I got everything reloaded:
    50 rds. 32 s&w, 50 rds. 38 s&w, 50 rds. 9x19, 30 rds. 6.5x55, 30 rds. .303 Brit., 30 rds. 30-30 Win., 30 rds. 8x56r., 10 rds. 300 WSM. Gotta love it.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Shipped out two boxes of stuff sold in s and s section, started boxing up some high brass 12 gauge empties, put up about 40 pounds of soft lead from some melting activity, and prep some .243’s for loading tomorrow!!! Other than that, not too much.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Bub
    Room is storage and cleaning area as well. Cleaned my Remington 870 from the last hunting trip. Shelved some ammunition, de-capped about 50 pieces of .300 Blackout Brass prior to cleaning.

Boolit Master

Had to empty the bullet trap. I'm using two 5-gallon buckets partially nested, and filled with rubber mulch. The bottom has a disc of 3/4" plywood to stop the heavy loads.
    It didn't.
    I was shooting loads too heavy for it the handle, and the bottom of the bucket got knocked out. I harvested less than 4 pounds out of it. Dang.

Now I have to make another. I need to go back to the drawing board on this. Perhaps come up with a duplex design, with rubber mulch to stop the lighter loads, backed by a sand trap for the heaviest.

I'll cogitate on it for a spell.....

Boolit Buddy
    Repurposed by bullet coating oven for the day and learned to cerakote.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181130_085618.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	231217

Page 343 of 603 FirstFirst ... 243293333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353393443 ... LastLast