Titan ReloadingWisconsin TriggerLee PrecisionGraf & Sons
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2StainLess Steel Media

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Coated about 150-200 boolits, sized .308 230gr and 155gr from yesterdays coating session.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Coated my 22.5# of NOE 311365 from Sunday.
    Then sized them in the star. I chased them with a 308 jacketed one at a time so I didn't have to use the nose punch and deform the nose (even though it's alight it makes me OCD flare up)
    im hoping to get a lee push through in .310 soon. My local gun store is ordering a 40 piece run of lee .310 sizers. Woohoo!
    So much easier with the Lee for coated bullets.

Boolit Bub
    I didn't do any reloading but I did sit down there and put the vertical forgrip on my KSG
    I may be dumb but I can lift heavy things

Boolit Master
    Decided to try cutting down 30-06 and forming as 8mm mauser. Cut down went ok but I had decided to use military head stamp brass so it would not be stamped 30-06 in order for it to be less likely to be mistaken for the wrong caliber. Blankity blank crimped military primers. Took out the 323 expander de-capping pin, then the Lee universal de-capper pin bent after a couple of cases. If I couldn't see a primer hole I would have sworn these were Berdan primed.

Not sure the effort is worth it but on the other hand it is nice to know it can be done if needed. Not so nice is knowing one needs to have a supply of replacement pins on hand.
    Je suis Charlie
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this way of getting casting material somehow.
    Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat I do trade a bit from time to time.

lubed 20k brass...sized/expanded 16k brass...loaded 12k .308....now tired.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Took it apart and ordered a new heating element. It should be up and running again by the weekend.

Bruce
    Put it back together Wednesday night. While it was apart, I cleaned up all the parts and then painted the parts with high-temp paint (not the inside of the pot) and got it all back together. I dropped about 8lbs of lead into the pot and powered it up and it ran like a champ. The old element had broke into two parts at the heating coil on the inside of the pot assembly. I almost want to think it might have been dropped at sometime in its past with all my military moves that lead to a crack in the element that eventually burnt through.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Decided to try cutting down 30-06 and forming as 8mm mauser. Cut down went ok but I had decided to use military head stamp brass so it would not be stamped 30-06 in order for it to be less likely to be mistaken for the wrong caliber. Blankity blank crimped military primers. Took out the 323 expander de-capping pin, then the Lee universal de-capper pin bent after a couple of cases. If I couldn't see a primer hole I would have sworn these were Berdan primed.

Not sure the effort is worth it but on the other hand it is nice to know it can be done if needed. Not so nice is knowing one needs to have a supply of replacement pins on hand.
    A 1/16" punch works great for military brass or one of those Lee Loader decapping punches from a 30-06 kit will work even better.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    A 1/16" punch works great for military brass or one of those Lee Loader decapping punches from a 30-06 kit will work even better.
    Thanks for the tip, I don't load 30-06 so no Lee loader for that but a 1/16 punch I do have and harbor freight has even more if I break it.

This may end up as a long term project, do a little '06 military brass as I find some, build up a pile of de-capped cases then go ahead and cut, form and trim a whole batch. Wouldn't hurt at all to make that de-capping process manual.

This was a detour from trimming and loading .357 mag but had already done a couple hundred and wanted a little break and I thought "hey why don't I try... will probably only take an hour and I'll know how then" Almost as silly as "here - hold my beer and watch this"
    Je suis Charlie
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this way of getting casting material somehow.
    Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat I do trade a bit from time to time.

Boolit Master

Rodger a 1.5 mm punch should work too.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master
    Inventoried moulds and moved them into some Mirro Covered Cake pans for storage, instead of the random plastic bags and boxes they were in. Is 43 molds too many?

Boolit Bub
    Made a priming arm for my hollywood senior, it's not precisely reloading but I consider my atlas lathe as an important part of my reloading room

Walker Lake Nv. or just about 5 miles west of the exact middle of nowhere.
    Seems like it might be a little over the top .......Says the guy with with 8 for 45 pistols .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992

About that rally point, the soap and mail boxes fall on blind eyes and deaf ears,the ballot box is manipulated,it would seem we are fast running out options....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rmark View Post
    Inventoried moulds and moved them into some Mirro Covered Cake pans for storage, instead of the random plastic bags and boxes they were in. Is 43 molds too many?
    I think for some around here they would probably say it depends on for what caliber. Me I say as long as you didn't buy two of the same mold because you forgot you already had one you're fine.
    Je suis Charlie

Boolit Master
    Between gunsmithing projects I'm polishing 25-06 brass to load 120gr Sierra hpbt over RL22 for some 1/4 mile shooting. Best, Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I think for some around here they would probably say it depends on for what caliber. Me I say as long as you didn't buy two of the same mold because you forgot you already had one you're fine.
    ^^^THIS! and btw I have bought a few twice on "accident". 2 out of 3 were upgraded cav count so I'm "really" at one "forget"
    You cannot win an argument with an ignorant man.

My Feedback is HERE

Scored a great deal on 75 pieces of .444 brass. Was inspired to go cast 50 rounds of the Lee 210 grain and loaded them up. Life is good. Love the look of that nice big long shiny brass with a nice cast boolit stuck in the end.

Loaded some home rolled ammo in my range bag and took my 5 yr old for his first shooting adventure! He got to try out dads ar15 and a 410 and 20 ga shotgun! I held on too, but watching him hit 4 for 4 with the 300 blackout was awesome! Then we scrounged for brass. Gonna clean em up later and probably reload them tomorrow...
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Master

Got half the cabinets hung in the casting room, despite an arm injury this week that has slowed me down , But in getting there , Reloading Room, Casting shack is a total wreck right now.... but it going to be worth it when im thru, also got my vent_a_hood installed and working.....pictures to come....who said reloading was cheaper LOLClick image for larger version. 

Name:	a1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	188375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	188376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	188377
    Last edited by kmrra; 02-18-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    KB5SMG Advanced Class since 1994 - I like 1911s got one in ever cal but 22 TCM

Well, with no 9mm brass to load I got antsy and tore down my grandfather's Buffalo Forge No.15 drill press. Down to the castings. Have a friend who will be doing the powder coating for me professionally. Going to sandblast it all over the next week or two and get those cast parts over to him to be done. Im thinking red with black accents, and all the embossing I'll go over in black.
    Going to give it all new bearings and I am considering a new motor, although the 1949 General electric motor works mint.

Not directly reloading related until I put that forster trimmer on it. One of the reasons that got me to finally get going on this project, hoping for a sum .005" run out. Here's to hoping!
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	188367Not in the reloading room (might be at work shhhh) making some gas checks to be installed later tonight!!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Page 185 of 200 FirstFirst ... 85135175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195 ... LastLast