MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master
    At the time my father passed away nearly three years ago, the reloading bench we shared had fallen into serious disuse. We let it pile up with various boxes of empty cases, bullets, etc, etc and I've only used it for the last few years by moving stuff around to make room at one of the presses to load the cartridge or shell needed, while covering up another part of the bench that much worse.

Today I went down and moved stuff from one end to expose the Dillon and load a few 38 MRWCs, then went to the other end and processed some 32 Keith style HPSWCs given to me by Beagle with some of his magic gas checks for non-GC bullets... checked and lubed in my trusty Lyman 450. Finally, I moved stuff around again and used the RCBS Jr2 to decap and size a coffee can full of 32 S&W L brass so I can prime it and get it ready for loading those Beagle bullets as well as some other bullets I want to shoot.

My experiences today finally convinced me that cleaning off the bench is my very next order of business. I'll post that picture when I'm done.

Froggie

Happy New Year!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6A3182DF-1E61-41B4-9300-4B23E137738F.jpeg  
    Last edited by Green Frog; 01-01-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Add picture
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Onelight we are staying put. We are in a 1.5 story 4 bdrm. and it's cheaper to stay than it is to sell and move. We are on a dead end road just 5 houses from the lake, I can see it from where I am sitting. Being this close to the lake none of us have basements so now that it was just the 2 of use I took over one of the upstairs bdrms. for my gun room. I have two benches and a computer desk in that room. Only problem with not downsizing is that once again we have freeloaders moved back in and if it wasn't for the grandkids the freeloaders would be living in their truck!
    That would be great to be that close to a lake!
    And downsizing is tough we are in now walking in trails between boxes. The garage will stay like that until I get some concrete and a small building up hopefully in the next month or two.

Boolit Master
    helped a friend load 100x223 rounds as hes not set up his bench yet

Boolit Master

Yesterday was a rare day... I did nothing.

Happy New Year everyone!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Well, not so much today as over this past two weeks. Coming towards the end of a glorious two week vacation. While I was off, I believe I

1. loaded up some 12 gauge skeet loads
    2. ditto 16 gauge skeet loads
    3. loaded about 225 .30-06 M2 ball equivalent loads (both j word and boolits)
    4. lubesized about 300 .30 cal boolits
    5. loaded up 300 .45 ACP light bullseye loads
    6. currently loading up 20 gauge skeet loads
    7. hope to finish up the vacation loading up a few .38-44 heavy .38 specials for the new Model 27

Also cleaned a lot of guns, dirtied up some more, and hope to do more. Been a heck of a two weeks!

Boolit Mold
    Cast a couple hundred 429421's. PC after lunch.

Loaded some 357mag hallopoints the set up some more lighting kinda wondering hoe I saw anything in here befor the lamps and overhead lights all 5k led bulbs even the 4’ tubes

Before
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	254140
    After

Views:	27 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	254141

Boolit Grand Master

I started prepping cases for a new to me caliber, the 41 Magnum. I dumped 1000 cases new Starline cases out in a plastic tub and measured several dozen random samples for length. The length was very uniform so I elected to not trim them. I deburred all of them this morning and started priming them this afternoon. So far, I've primed about 250 of them.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I started prepping cases for a new to me caliber, the 41 Magnum. I dumped 1000 cases new Starline cases out in a plastic tub and measured several dozen random samples for length. The length was very uniform so I elected to not trim them. I deburred all of them this morning and started priming them this afternoon. So far, I've primed about 250 of them.
    I think you'll be happy. My 41 magnum Blackhawk is BY FAR the most accurate handgun I own. I also have a S&W model 58. My personal SD load is reversed hollow based wadcutters in the Mod 58. I've contemplated selling off my 44 mag stuff because I love the 41 Mag. But that would be stupid, so I haven't. LOL

Good Luck!

Mike
    -Mike

Boolit Buddy

Still working to get my shop in order since we've moved in. Trying to repair a 1889 Marlin and I never have time to shoot...
    Did a few 38 Long Colts, this is the heeled version for my conversions. Lot's of fun. I'm running 16 grains of Black MZ as a 18 grain blackpowder equivalent. Not enough room for any more... It will have a little compression which I was trying to avoid, but we'll see.... exciting!

Name:	38LongColt.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	254167
    -Mike

Boolit Master
    loaded 100x357mags with lee 158gr<165gr my lead> with 7 gr true blue.

Boolit Master

Tumbled a bag of 32 S&W longs and swapped in a bag of S&W Shorts first thing this am!

Gonna load some later or tomorrow.

CW

I’ve had a fair amount of time lately to spend at my press (single stage only for rifle and pistol) another 100 tight group 9mm with the lee 124gr tumble lube going to have to cast some more of them but my mould is old and a little worse for ware going to have to replace it soon

Views:	25 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	254239

Boolit Buddy
    Cleaned all my pistols and all of my in-laws pistols, 16 in total. Really wished I had an ultrasonic for that many guns.

Boolit Buddy

Tumbled, sized and primed 1500 38s.
    44s and 45 ACP is next
    Jeff

Boolit Master

Cleaned two muzzle loaders used last month for deer/ BP season. Pretty easy task this time as each was only fired twice since last cleaning.

I got a request from a friend of a friend. Its a front stuffer. Could be a super oldie so treating with care. Its a 45 cal very long and appearances tell me its a good copy of a old gun (hundred (s) of years) or honestly a old old timer. A big tell For me is its screws. They appear hand made. Its lock will only cock if you pull the set trigger forward. Its barrel is rusty but not to pitting or scale. I have been soaking it in kroil (aft removing) and after five days I have kroil on the patches I clamped under the hammer. Last night was first attempt at running a patch down. First was about 1/2. Second was all the way. But its not a clear so as I pulled the rod/jag out Suction Snatched that patch half way down the barrel!! I searched for a hour and finally found my patch puller and got it out. Figured that was enough as ut was approaching midnight.

More soon. Its a pretty gun he dosnet want to shoot it but would like to have it able to shoot. Its a wall hanger for him. Im not gonna touch anything but mechanicals. Finish-patina will stay as it.

Its been a while since Ive posted . I have plenty of bullets cast sized and lubed and some handloads ready . Today I got back at it finally loading a batch of 8mm Mauser 165 grain Lyman cast gas checked bullets sized to .324 with a custom size lube die from Buffalo Arms I got last year . Will give a report on how they did from my Yugo Mauser later they are the first rifle bullets I cast as I just got started casting last year and have learned a lot from all of you here . BTW how high up do you lube these bullets Lyman mould # 323470 when you use bullet lube . My OAL is 2.730 for these per the Lyman cast bullet manual and I used 5744 powder and CCI regular primers . Pics of my loading bench and my Lee Loader and powder measures I bought when I first started handloading in 1973 . Lee Loaders are perfect for those with little room or no loading bench and can be taken to the range to make custom loads on the spot as you work loads up , they are not to be confused as for beginners , they are serious real handloading tools that do a great job and can load ammunition as accurate as you can shoot it . With some extras you can custom load any caliber they are made in .

Name:	8mmlyman.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	254294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loadingbench.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	254295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	since1973.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	254296

Pics of my bench and my 30-30 Lee Loader and Powder measures I got back in 1973 when I started handloading , the Lee loaders are great way to get started on this lifelong hobby and these Lee tools work like they did 47 years back still. My first powder was Winchester 748 primers CCI magnum and bullets Speer all still a great combination for 30-30 Winchester loads

Boolit Master

Awesome Keith!!

I use this same mold for my 8mm. I have all cast (mine are powder coated) and ready but have t loaded or shot any yet.

Name:	43D4352C-BFBA-41F1-B256-098E146696E3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	254302

CW

Thought It did not go thur sorry posted deleted 2nd post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8mmlyman.jpg   loadingbench.jpg   since1973.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded and tested some 38sp BlueDot and 9mm Titegroup loads; then loaded 500- 9mm 124gr Berrys, 500- 9mm 125gr Cast, and 50-38sp 165gr SWC.

Page 417 of 604 FirstFirst ... 317367407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424425426427467517 ... LastLast