Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 100 357 mag cases I preped yesterday .

Quote Originally Posted by dunkem View Post
    90ea. 44 mag (i only had 90 primers for some reason)...............
    Sent from my vs990 using tapatalk
    eeeeeeeek!

A truck full of lead and all the powder that would fit in a steamer trunk won't do you any good without primers. If recent events have shown anything they have reinforced the concept of components will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no components.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep. We are but one event or election away from wishing we had twice as much on hand. And of course after the event or election everyone will be trying to do that at once so.... yeah. BTW - 5000 count primer bricks save money

Ran a few 12 gauge hulls through a press trying to get it set up for reloading a few boxes.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Put gas checks on the boolits I cast the other day. After I did, I weighed some and they all ran around 157.1 or 2. Micrometer said 311 as cast, so I put another coat of JPW on them and stood them up to dry. It was really warm, even with the a/c on. I'm going to wipe their noses off and load them for my 30/30.
    I also perused my powder stash to see what was available..... and found a pound of H110 and a half pound of 2400! My .44 will be happy!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Loaded 50 - .270 Win with 130 gr Nosler ballistic tips over 48 gr IMR 4064. Prepped some 9mm to load with 122 gr fp hi-tec coated. All in the AC!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Been loading 45 auto recently. Before that..... it was casting 45 auto in the form of lee TC.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    eeeeeeeek!

A truck full of lead and all the powder that would fit in a steamer trunk won't do you any good without primers. If recent events have shown anything they have reinforced the concept of components will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no components.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep. We are but one event or election away from wishing we had twice as much on hand. And of course after the event or election everyone will be trying to do that at once so.... yeah. BTW - 5000 count primer bricks save money

Ran a few 12 gauge hulls through a press trying to get it set up for reloading a few boxes.

You got that right RogerDat. One cannot have enough components.....Period.....
    I can remember the first time that happened after I got started in reloading, it was the summer of 86 and everyone was looking for primers and powder and non to be had. When we did get any in there were always people in the store waiting for us to get it out of the boxes and price it, gone in sixty seconds.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Well I got my 44 gas checks in the mail yesterday so today it was time to make up the Nasties.
    Only issue that slowed me down for about 15 minutes was how I was going to seat these pointies. No real seater with this sharp of an angle and of workable diameter and length. So I used the Lyman expander M die with the size plug removed and I used the Lyman top Punch that was made for the profile that also arrived with the gas checks yesterday. Here's how it went in my reloading room today.

Made a Lee style trim gage for the 9.3x74r, trimmed a batch, sized, lubed and g/c'ed a batch of 9.3 boolits then loaded them.

Got a good start on an 8x60s trim gage. Used a piece of stainless bolt I had, brought back bad memories of drilling and tapping epoxied in stainless steel inserts in granite machine bases back in my machine building days. Now I remember why I always started with several NEW drills and several NEW taps on each job. When done those used drills/taps got thrown out. Wasn't going to risk breaking a dull drill/tap.

After supper going to get out the shotgun stuff just in case it doesn't rain and I can shoot a little sporting clays.

I loaded 120 44-40 Win., most with the unidentified 213 gr av. Boolit on the left. I got them from a member here. The 185gr Noslers are there because I didn't have enough lubed boolits ready. Same load in both-9.5 grs of Yuneek.
    I need more brass!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned
    Loaded another batch of 50 AE

Boolit Master

TexasbyGOD,
    That "unidentified" bullet looks like a LEE .429-200-RF. By weight listed they might be a bit soft. I thing LEE uses a HARDBALL alloy for checking their molds.

I finally got around to fixing up some messed up .44WCF ammo I loaded several years ago.
    First time I used a LEE collet crimp die. Used according to the directions, the cases were over crimped and bulged so they wouldn't chamber in anything.

I pulled the decapping rod assembly out of an old LYMAN Sizing Die. Screwed the die just far enough down in the press, so that the ram shoved the loaded round into the die to barely make any contact, about 1/8"-1/4" or so.
    I lubed each round with a bit of that good IMPERIAL SIZING WAX. Wiped off each case clean with a bit of acetone on a rag.
    I tried each round in an old COLT & then cycled them through one of my 1873's.
    Success. They all fit without a problem.
    Two boxes of .44WCF ammo back on the shelf, ready to shoot.

If you DON'T follow the instructions by LEE for their collet crimp dies, but rather adjust by feel as you would with a reg crimp die. Then they will work fine.
    Last edited by Walks; 06-23-2018 at 05:52 PM.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Had so much fun casting indoors the last couple of days I decided I would cast up some 45 Colt 250 gr for the first time from a newly acquired Lyman mold #454190 from forum member GoodAlloy, and I had so much fun with the pointy boolits the other day and I already loaded just about all of them up I thought I would make a few more. Had a great day.

Thank you Walks. Pending accuracy tests, that may be the mold for mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Unloaded a BUNCH of lead today
    Rifle, pistol, shotgun
    Boy Scout Camp
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7v4...ature=youtu.be
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Made 8 boxes worth of 12 gauge reloading opportunities, loaded a box of 7.62x39. Set up the square deal for 38 special and loaded some test loads.

A good day by all accounts.

Boolit Master
    Tumbled 200 380ACP cases and loaded them with 1.9 grains of Red Dot and the Lee 358 105swc. Got the girlfriend carrying the LCP and she is actually enjoying the snappy little pistol. I enjoy her carrying it!

Removed a old plywood work bench that my Dillion 650 was mounted to. Rebuilt and framed it much stronger and laid a 3/4" sheet of OSB as a base and laminated a 3/4" sheet of oak veneer plywood as a surface and trimed with red oak. Now the 650 will have a strong and sturdy mounting surface dedicated to it. Will be able to mount my RCBS current press at the other end of the bench. Pictures to follow when finished.
    Retired Redleg
    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood, I don't mind going out the same way.

Boolit Master
    Bought a hundred new 270 cases while at Graf's today. Full length resized, trimmed, chamfered and deburred, and tumbled. Now running a brush through them to make sure they are clear of sizing wax and corncob media.

Also picked up a lee powder funnel and dipper set. I am putting together a portable kit with a 310 tool to load 270 Winchester while on vaca with the girlfriends parents. I get bored reading on the beach. I need to fire all my loaded brass to increase the amount of "work" to be done at the beach...

Boolit Master
    Those dies working well for you, are they?
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Bought a hundred new 270 cases while at Graf's today. Full length resized, trimmed, chamfered and deburred, and tumbled. Now running a brush through them to make sure they are clear of sizing wax and corncob media.

Also picked up a lee powder funnel and dipper set. I am putting together a portable kit with a 310 tool to load 270 Winchester while on vaca with the girlfriends parents. I get bored reading on the beach. I need to fire all my loaded brass to increase the amount of "work" to be done at the beach...
    I love it. I had a kit with a Lee hand press and ram prime; Bullets,powder, dies, primers and a
    loading block - all fit in a wooden surveyors transit box. I loaded ammo during lunch at work among other places!

Page 318 of 601 FirstFirst ... 218268308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328368418 ... LastLast