MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Actually pulled the cover off my Dillon 550 and loaded 200 rounds of .380acp over the weekend. Hate loading those tiny things but I've given up finding any 45acp practice rounds, time to pour a big pile of boolits and load them. Figured since the 550 was set up for .380's I might as well load a few, seems I was out of them as well.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

2 boxes of shotgun for SASS matches

beautiful day--wish I had more to load
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Got my new Lee 8mm Karabiner out and dropped about 200 to try out in my new Swede rolling block. Average weight was 233 grains w/o gas check.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0442.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	216286

Reconfigured my Sizemaster for 3" hulls and loaded up some cast 00 & #4 Buckshot loads for testing for Coyote hunting. Had to sacrifice a few hulls to get it dialed in but I'm good to go now! If these loads work I'll crank out a bunch before setting back up to run 2-3/4".

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master
    Cleaned molds. Fun stuff.

Boolit Master
    Sorted out my lasts cast boolits. then readjusted my flaring die and seating die to see if my new pistol will like my loads any better. If Feeling good, range time tomorrow....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Just lube-sized some 358-125 RF for 9mm and 38 spec.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Buddy
    Worked on some 7.62x54R brass. Deprimed and sized most all until I broke my 25 year old lee challenger press. Broke linkage. Not worth fixing, so I ordered a new cast iron one. Trimmed brass back some using battery powered drill and lyman brass trimmer. Now all brass same length.
    Last edited by RSOJim; 03-15-2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: add more

Emptied the ss pin tumbler and put the cleaned brass in the dehydrator to dry off. Then I de-primed 575 rounds of .30 carbine brass and put that into the ss pin tumbler and it's rolling around down in the shop right now. Just took a break to come upstairs and get some dinner ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    100% stripped my brand new 22/45 and polished everything I can to try and get it to run. The tooling is sub par. Its like everything has ribs. Nothing is smooth. Oh well back to the shop. Most of my tools are packed up this is no fun by hand.

Boolit Master
    Rendered down the last of several hundred pounds of wheelweights. Sure looks nice but makes me a little sad. I'm 63 so maybe it will outlast me.

Cast, then sized and lubed 200 NOE 454-230-RN plain base boolits. Getting them ready for loading and testing in my 1911 45ACP.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    100% stripped my brand new 22/45 and polished everything I can to try and get it to run. The tooling is sub par. Its like everything has ribs. Nothing is smooth. Oh well back to the shop. Most of my tools are packed up this is no fun by hand.
    Never had this trouble with mine, but of course, mine is from 2008-10, IIRC, or so, and not recently.

Bummer to hear you are having difficulties.

I would have not bought it, if it did not meet the criteria of my initial inspection before I bought it.

I keep hearing about folks bringing home a firearm they purchase, but then seem to find issues with it. Seems to me a lot of these issues would have been found at the point of sales & before the purchase..

I guess I am just a bit more "picky" than some others. To each our own, but if it doesn't meet the standards when I am looking it over before I buy it, I don't buy it.

G'Luck! with getting things in order.

Now, I need to go load some more 45ACP & 44Mag tonite and tomorrow. My oldest son came over & wants to go shooting next week, if we don't go this weekend.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Well when you order online you have to take it no mater what. I will make it run like a top.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Well when you order online you have to take it no mater what. I will make it run like a top.
    Sure.

I don't buy firearms online. If I can't hold it in my hand, it stays where it is. An exception might be someone here who has "rep". Otherwise, I need to inspect anything that my life might some day depend upon.

Different strokes for different folks.

No worries.

Like I said, G'Luck! with getting things in order. I mean it!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Sick today so no playing with powder, but I tore down my Savage 110 30-06 and installed the 35whelen barrel in the action. Gotta inlet the stock still, and I need a bigger recoil lug, but it was a fun way to burn up an hour.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Buddy
    Revamping my .223 loads and supplies after latest round if tests and some thinking. I wanted to simplify and willing to pay a little more in order to have fewer loads to test and keep supplied.

Decided I can cover all my needs with two loads: 77 gr BTHP with 23.0 Varget, and 62-64gr bonded SP with 26.2 gr Varget. I have a bunch if bullets 55-69 grain and several powders to use up in the next 2 years. But all new purchases for .223 will be LC cases, Varget, 62 gr Fusion bullets and Nosler 77gr BTHP. Even for family plinking.

I realized I am spending too much time exploring a multitude of components in this one caliber and not doing enough loading and shooting in others. Planning to work through simplification in all my cartridges and settle on a couple of standard loads and be done with it. I experimented for 30 years and now want to enjoy more shooting and less fiddling.

Boolit Master
    Deprimed and sized some range brass I picked up today. I'll turn on the tumbler some time......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded some .45 colt shotshells. Getting ready for mushroom season and those slithery things I always run into.

Took some dry brass out of my dehydrator and re-filled it with some freshly cleaned .30 carbine brass. Fired up the Dillon and loaded 200 + rounds of .45 ACP for a women's shooting instructional up at our local range tomorrow. A good day ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Page 292 of 601 FirstFirst ... 192242282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302342392 ... LastLast