WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Sized and loobed the aforementioned boolits.
    Probably won't be able to get out to the shed tomorrow due to the himacane.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Loaded 100 Unique 44 Mag loads... I really like this load. It's a 240 grain boolit under 9 grain of Unique.
    I think of it as a medium load.
    Attachment 228548

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    Loaded 100 Unique 44 Mag loads... I really like this load. It's a 240 grain boolit under 9 grain of Unique.
    I think of it as a medium load.
    Attachment 228548
    I just read an article written by Elmer Keith, in a 1957-ish issue of "Guns Magazine". He gave a load of 7.5gr Unique as a "heavy target" load.

Boolit Master
    just put some 357mag cases in the tumble polisher

Boolit Master
    Finished sorting 9mm cases by headstamp.

Now on to loading up 130 DEWC in 38Sp. to use up that batch.

Then it is back to 150 9mm 120 & 124 TC for some plinking rounds.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I hope you mentioned the bullets were over the powder. Kinda hard to ignite a bullet.

Cast more 90 gr 9mm in my new Lyman mold.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Bub
    I have a this hanging in there for the rest of the week so no casting until after Saturday. My stepson shot it yesterday and all the butchers are full and no room so it's in my shop. I don't mind because I know I will get some meat off it

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by KMD View Post
    I have a this hanging in there for the rest of the week so no casting until after Saturday. My stepson shot it yesterday and all the butchers are full and no room so it's in my shop. I don't mind because I know I will get some meat off it
    I hope that you have a walk in cooler/freezer. After a little while in these temps and he will spoil quickly.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, Eagle Creek, Oregon
    Cleaned up my casting area. designed and installed a new fume exuast system for the room. The 8 inch inline duct fan with 745cfm should give me a theoretical air change in the room every 1.5 minutes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181009_214403R.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	228630

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Grits View Post
    I hope that you have a walk in cooler/freezer. After a little while in these temps and he will spoil quickly.

I am in Northwestern Canada and it's just above freezing during the day and has been below freezing all night so he should be okay.

Boolit Bub
    I am in Northwestern Canada and it's just above freezing during the day and has been below freezing all night so he should be okay.
    Well then. Let em hang. Years ago dad killed one and he let it hang for a good week. So tender you could cut it with a spoon.

Cut down 200 38 Special cases to 0.900" to load for competition. I'll be running the Lee 358-158 RF projectile for now. Might try some Lee 356-124 2R as well. Ran some of the 158's with 2.8 and 3 gn Clays and was moderately pleased.

Kraken Fan #69

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    I just read an article written by Elmer Keith, in a 1957-ish issue of "Guns Magazine". He gave a load of 7.5gr Unique as a "heavy target" load.
    I started my load development at 8 grain and did .5 grain increments up to 10 grain.
    I liked the 9 grain rounds. They let you know they are there, but are probably in the 1000 fps range. I'll know more soon - I just got a chrono.

Emptied the polisher, batch of 270 Winchester (future 8mm Mauser), 220 Swift and 6.5x54r m/s. Forgot them in the polisher for a second night of polishing. They be SHINEY!

Then went for the last soft water sail of the year before dropping the spar and getting the boat ready for the marina boys to do there lift/bottom wash put on trailer routine.

Great sail with the bonus of a B-17 cruising over head in the middle of the sail. It was heading east right down the middle of Lake Erie. Don't know where it was headed, I thought all the northern airshows were done for the year.

Great day

I finished my 100 rd batch of 45ACP with 200gr LSWC, then I switched over to reload some 9's. I need to start casting boolits soon running low.

Boolit Grand Master

What did he use both rifle and hopefully boolit?
    Congrats to him, that's a nice deer and that temp is perfect for a week hanging.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded 10 .40Cal with some Universal to try out, some 358158 RF Lee 357Mag over some Promo for practice and ordered a 32 H&R Mag mold, Lee Carbide Dies, Starline brass from Graf's clicking the link above!!!!!! (support the sponsors of this site) and other stuff for the pair of Ruger Single Six pistols I bought this week.

I'll measure the Single Six's when they arrive but since they were modified for Cowboy Action I think they will be cast boolit friendly. If not, I'll give DougGuy a shout. The 45LC Blackhawk Convertable he worked on for me shoot's cast like a boss
    Last edited by jonp; 10-11-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    I started my load development at 8 grain and did .5 grain increments up to 10 grain.
    I liked the 9 grain rounds. They let you know they are there, but are probably in the 1000 fps range. I'll know more soon - I just got a chrono.
    Different post

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    What did he use both rifle and hopefully boolit?
    Congrats to him, that's a nice deer and that temp is perfect for a week hanging.
    I know he used his new Sako Bavarian 30-06 and 180gr Nosler Partition but I don't know the load
    It's just after 1pm and with the fans blowing on the meat it's right around 34* out there.

Boolit Grand Master

Sweet. A Sako is on the bucket list. My friend who hunt's all over the States swears by his.
    It was 77 this morning in NC at 0300 when I got up. I miss the cold weather in October. I should have on a wool jacket and be hunting partridge with my 20g Benelli Super Montefeltro right about now.

Page 336 of 603 FirstFirst ... 236286326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346386436 ... LastLast