RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Loaded some 6.5-06 for a family member. Began with 25-06 new brass, ran through a 6.5-06 sizer, and business as usual. 120gr Barnes TTSX and IMR 4350.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    I am way behind and getting behinder....took on a new gunsmith student whom is in a Gunsmith school, on line....This is a leather mallet, it is a good thing, etc. He was wandering in the wilderness and they really teach disassembly and reassembly plus replacement of parts with parts. I love the drill and tap course.....where is the cordless drill...he really asked that question. Put all that stuff down, come with me......this is a Bridgeport Milling machine it is a very good thing for drilling and tapping on gun metal.

I asked him what his goal was? Oh, to make $100k guns and sell them, ah, I see..... Grasshopper, you will learn.
    Don't start him on filing just yet..........
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Took primer inventory. Looks like I need Small Mag pistol.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Took primer inventory. Looks like I need Small Mag pistol.
    Curious - what do you use them for?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Melted down about 100lbs of soft pure sheet lead into the smelting pot...
    I had the burner from the turkey frying exercise from yesterday to put away, so I figured I'd do what I've been delaying doing!
    Next to put the melt into ingots...but I Gotta find the mold... LOL

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Loaded up some 5 pounds of 00 buckshot and a couple of boxes
    of 1 ounce # 7.5, and a few sabot slugs too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    Curious - what do you use them for?

357 Mag, 454 Casull.

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Loading 10mm brass with AA 40-165-WFN PC 168 gr. .402 over 7.7 gr. CFE PISTOL with Fed. GM200M mag sp. primers. The temperature dropped here a little and the humidity dropped in the room to 27%. Powder thrower got erratic on the charge weight. Or maybe something else caused it. ❓. About 800 to go little now few more later.

Cast just over 900 MP 40-160 HP. Cleaned my Hornaday powder thrower for my AP lock and load progressive press trying to get it’s accuracy back. Started to size and deprime the last of my 10mm brass.[ATTACH=CONFIG]319965[/ATTACH Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8750.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	319966
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8746.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Dang they are look nice.

I wasted the day in the gun room on the innerwebs trying to find powder.

Boolit Master
    I am building a small 2x4 table in my shed to mount my Lee press on. The plan is to go out there and process 380 and 9mm cases. (Got a pillow-case full of 9mm).
    Now that they turned the clocks back I need something to do in the evening, and going out to the shed gets me out of the house. The shed has no power. For comfort there is a kerosene heater. Got a nice rechargeable LED work light. I can listen to music on the phone or just enjoy the peace and quiet. May even process some really crappy range scrap that's been sitting out there.
    Beats watching tv of sitting on the computer.

Also distances me from the refrigerator.

We are a far piece from any real filing project.

Last week he wanted to "check" his AR barrel by R and R it. Easy, deal, right.... Normaly on the reinstall, you see not enough torque, so I said nothing and watched, he then snapped the head off my AR combination tool while reinstalling the barrel nut. Thus we had an applying proper torque discussion. Plus his prior experience with car frames VS his new experience with firearms being very different levels of pressure application.

I fixed the combo tool.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by brassrat View Post
    These are factory SWCs with a good lubing from years past. I boil them and change out the water, several times,and use some Dawn. They come out, clean but I put a little acetone on them and let dry and powdercoat. Couldn't work any better
    Do you PC with the electric gun or do you use the Plastic BB and plastic tub shake method? Is the acetone just to remove any lube residue?

Finished PCing the Boolits I cast on Tuesday. I have about 400 more just prepped brass to measure and load up to finish up my 10mm loading session I started some months back. About 2000 rounds I think. Cleaned up the room and shampooed the carpet in the reloading room. Back to loading tomorrow I hope.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8751.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	320032
    Last edited by Mandoair; 11-18-2023 at 02:13 AM.

Boolit Master

Not today but November 14th we finished up public sight in days at the club and another noticed some odd looking brass in the brass bucket .
    Someone fired .300 Winchester Magnum in a .300 Weatherby Chamber , he must have hit the target ? If it is the guy I think he had trouble with his scope and went to the store he bought the scope from to have it looked at . They told him it had plenty of movement but was just stiff and it was it took a wrench to move the adjuster with the dial removed . The scope has a lock once it is zeroed at 100 yards the company will send a dial calibrated for your ammo .

P.S. we had a guy shooting a Rossi lever gun in .357 Mag all his cases were bulged just above the case web quite a bit!
    Last edited by firefly1957; 11-17-2023 at 08:20 PM. Reason: P.S.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Today went out to shoot about 130 rounds at the monthly pistol proficiency event. It was a good test of my recent 10mm reloads and pistol. All functioned flawlessly. It started at 5.50 pm so it was full dark, with some electric floods. Was -1’ by the time we finished at 8pm. Good times.

Boolit Master
    Reloaded some 45/70 to get ready for deer season next week. I still had some 350 gr boolits but reloaded the 400 gr ones I purchased from a member here. Both shoot very well out of my NEF single shot. Now if a good buck will cooperate…
    Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    Getting ready to go to Nebraska with my BIL for coyotes then Texas for hogs - loaded 50 6.5 Grendel 95gr j-words. Would like to be able to have 150 of those and 150 22 Nosler for the trip. Kinda slow going.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Guess I have to clean up my reloading bench for Thanksgiving. Wife is going to need the island freed up to do tomorrow's big meal. But I can have it back on Friday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master

It’s a rainy day today so a good time to anneal. Here is .35 REM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 587 of 604 FirstFirst ... 87487537577578579580581582583584585586587588589590591592593594595596597 ... LastLast