Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Hit the race track looking for 2400 and MP300 to load some 357 for the 1892. The search will continue tomorrow.

Loaded up a hundred rifle rounds, mainly because I wanted to play with the new RCBS Chargmaster, (talked the wife into getting my Xmas present early, while it was on sale with a rebate and free shipping) Only to save money of course...

Boolit Master

Emptied the 5 gallon bucket boolit trap. Got about 5 pounds of my alloy back.

Normally I don't empty the trap that soon, but there was a split in the side, from an errant round. I had to replace the bucket.

I wonder who it was that shot so badly that the side of the trap got knocked out ? Couldn't have been me.Makes me wonder who else is shooting here at my place ?

Seems that George came by and dropped off some few things for a young man I'm mentoring. He picked up a few things on his way out too.
    And, he rifled the liquor cabinet.

My story - George was shooting down there behind the barn when I wasn't around. He's a notoriously bad shot ( could be from raiding the liquor cabinet). He's the one that shot the side out of the boolit trap.

Yeah, that's what happened.

Sounds to me like ole George needs his 'sights readjusted'...if you get my drift!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

There is a another big batch of brass rolling around in the ss pin tumbler as I type this ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

HI Tek coated around 20 lbs of 9mm this weekend. Next up is to size them. Made some dummy shells for a buddy and asked him to keep an eye out for some lead as payment. Texted me yesterday saying he has around 200 lbs of WW's he scored for me. Sometimes things just work out.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master

Wow! Excellent trade!

Boolit Master
    Made another 10 Lee slug shotgun shells, put away the makings & then cleaned up a mite. Made up some shelving for some storage & later tonite/early AM, I have some pistol rounds to make up for later.

Took a bit of inventory too & see I have some casting to do before it gets cold enough that I have to start working on that spot in the garage for casting in Winter...

All in all, quite a productive afternoon.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    Repaired my HF storage shelf that collapsed under the weight my cast boolits waiting to be coated.
    I cut a short piece of 1/2" angle welded a foot on it and welded it to the shelves. not pretty but it works

Boolit Master
    Seated .22 cal gas checks while waiting for .32 cal 85(82) gr bullets to cool. Some people use 2 mods I do 2 different stages of bullet making.

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Repaired my HF storage shelf that collapsed under the weight my cast boolits waiting to be coated.
    I cut a short piece of 1/2" angle welded a foot on it and welded it to the shelves. not pretty but it works

Nice problem to have. Great selection of pretty projectiles. But I'm not jealous Not much anyway.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Made a few different test loads using the NOE .44 SWC HP Keith mold I powder coated.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Bub
    Nice!
    What are the weight of those?
    I may be dumb but I can lift heavy things

Boolit Master

They are 270 grains. 50/50 WW/Pb
    At one with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    Made a few different test loads using the NOE .44 SWC HP Keith mold I powder
    Looks good, and I like the PC on those, they have an industrial look to them

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

It is sage that I got on sale a while back from Prismatic powders. I shook the bullets in airsoft BBs. They coated pretty good. I put a little red on a few of some .41s I cast for a friend of mine and it looked pretty cool.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

Here are some of the .41s I did for a friend

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    At one with the gun.

I use a Q-tip to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I use a Q-tip to do that.
    Me too, or a tooth pick, I call the ones I make that are gloss black with bright colors flicked on them Jackson Pollack bullets. Wife has these Q-tips that are sort of pointed and compressed a bit, I borrow them when I can. Dip tip in powder and tap above bullets, it feeds my creative side. Such as it is.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

We have either...too much time on our hands or we are slowly loosing our minds . . .

But in my case . . . prolly a bit of both!

Page 257 of 601 FirstFirst ... 157207247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267307357 ... LastLast