WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxPBcastco
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Banned
    KMD The planks make a good substrate, if they weren't kiln dried you will need to screw them down well to the cross bracing to keep them from twisting. Now you put some plwood/metal/masonite on top and you have a solid/flat bench.

Soundguy You should move to Oregon, we get .10 per can for recycling (we have to pay .10 recycle fee when we purchase them) it's supposed to help keep the landscape cleaner.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    Well I am not the only one that likes peanut butter and recycle the jar.
    Love my recycled peanut butter jars and yes I eat to much peanut butter too. =)
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    Well I am not the only one that likes peanut butter and recycle the jar.
    I have a lot of those brown kraft PB jars and use them for everything from bullets to brass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    KMD The planks make a good substrate, if they weren't kiln dried you will need to screw them down well to the cross bracing to keep them from twisting. Now you put some plwood/metal/masonite on top and you have a solid/flat bench.
    My plan is to top with plywood or MDF

Boolit Buddy

Cast up 500 200g 45 boolets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cast.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	201640
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11.jpg  
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Haven't started the sorting and melting yet, but I get 3 5 gal. buckets of wheel weights for $10. I'm gonna be busy for a while. ( I'm an old hand so you don't need to warn me about zinc weights.)

Boolit Master

De primed, tumbled in stainless pins, and sort some 44 mag brass.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy

Name:	hitek.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	201708

Tryed out a test batch of 200g 45 ACP bullets that I cast yesterday loaded them up and tested them out, was my first try using the HiTek coating.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Loaded up some 41 magnum target loads....41 special loads but in 41 magnum cases.
    Using my new boolit mould NOE 413-215-WC (PB) (413432). This bad boy is a .41 cal version of the Lyman 358432 Wadcutter which has proven to be the most accurate boolit in my 38 specials and 357 magnum guns. When I got wind or this design to be made in 41 magnum I jumped on it with both feet. Used three different powders to try and now just have to find some time to slip off to the local indoor range....August heat and rains in Louisiana dictate an air conditioned range is necessary !
    But first I need to download and print some free targets for the trip .
    The model 58 in my avatar is the intended subject .
    Gary
    Give us a range report. Sweat & Mosquitos are a good alibi if you flinch! I love me some .41 special loads. I've GOT to get another; I've been without a .41 for a year...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by KMD View Post
    I have a lot of those brown kraft PB jars and use them for everything from bullets to brass.

My plan is to top with plywood or MDF
    Get yourself a belt sander if you don't have one (Years ago I told LOML that she should assume that each project I did around the house would cost a new tool. Last four haven't needed any!) and sand flat. Then top with ply, not MDF. Fiberboard will crumble under impact, you don't want that. I made my benchtop out of a piece of 3/4 ply ripped in half and folded over and glued and screwed. It's solid.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Just a bit of inventory and cleaning today. Got an assortment of 45 cal bullets/boolits for my buddy to try out once he gets a press, a bag of 45 lpp sorted brass, a lb of bullseye and a brick of primers. Figured that should be enough to get him on his way and he can sort out restocking after the first 1000 rounds. Still haven't decided if I'll just donate my turret press and buy myself another or take him to bass pro for his own.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Weighed & inspected a batch of lee TL 9mm. Then started sizing on my 450. It lubes them well.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Just a bit of inventory and cleaning today. Got an assortment of 45 cal bullets/boolits for my buddy to try out once he gets a press, a bag of 45 lpp sorted brass, a lb of bullseye and a brick of primers. Figured that should be enough to get him on his way and he can sort out restocking after the first 1000 rounds. Still haven't decided if I'll just donate my turret press and buy myself another or take him to bass pro for his own.
    Santa Clause ain't gonna like the competition there Derek!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Santa Clause ain't gonna like the competition there Derek!
    I'll just say it's from George
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

I got a new mold today for my 45ACP. Lee tl452-200-SWC. I broke it in by casting 300 rounds(it had been used but you couldn't tell by looking). It went extremely well.
    After the pot got hot I picked up the mold off the top of the pot and started casting.
    It was dropping good boolits from the first cast.

Name:	resized00001.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	201739
    They weigh in at 210 grains with my alloy(range scrap) and were within .001 of round at .453 no matter how many I measured.
    I tumble lubed them with White Label X Lox and I am waiting for them to dry overnight. I should be able to load some of them tomorrow.
    I hope to try them out on the range Monday.

Installed the Ergo handle and LED light set up on the LNL AP. Started getting it dialed in to begin running 45 ACP soon.

Boolit Master
    Went to the range today and unloaded 50 rounds of 30-06 and now sorting to process them. Sore shoulder.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Get yourself a belt sander if you don't have one (Years ago I told LOML that she should assume that each project I did around the house would cost a new tool. Last four haven't needed any!) and sand flat. Then top with ply, not MDF. Fiberboard will crumble under impact, you don't want that. I made my benchtop out of a piece of 3/4 ply ripped in half and folded over and glued and screwed. It's solid.
    Or make it from just solid 2x8 or so lumber for planks and learn how to properly join the planks together to make a solid table top. It's a skill worth learning. You might need to buy a few clamps if you don't own enough already though. I built the top for my reloading bench probably 24 years ago and it's been recycled into a couple of different projects since then, but right now, it's a decent size reloading bench with room for at least 2 people to work on each side.

Boolit Master

Yesterday dropped 20lbs of shot, to day clean up the room.
    (Dropped meaning made with a shot maker) Hey did I just make up a new meaning to "Dropped shot"?
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master

I fired up the 1050. Time to refill the 11 primer tubes.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    At one with the gun.

I finished repairing a Winchester 74 .22 rifle for a neighbor. What a neat old rifle! And removed the mag safety from my HiPoint 9mm and sighted it in at 20 ft with Geco fmj. And I rubbed in the first coat of TruOil on my Rem 700

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 229 of 601 FirstFirst ... 129179219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239279329 ... LastLast