WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

I'm playing musical scopes on a couple of rifles. I put a cool old long steel 6x32mm K6 on my Mauser 30-30, a K4/ post on my Marlin 36G 30-30. I know the K4 is good but I'll have to out wait the 200% chance of rain today to test the K6. I'd like the Insurance co to come get their totaled Hyundai out of my loading room.....

Casted just shy of 450 boolits, 113gr 309 diameter from a Lee mold. Next to gas check and powder coat.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Loaded up a box of 9mm rounds again w/ the .357 diameter tc cast Lee boolits. Still trying to shoot up the .358's that I have......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    cast 100 lee 405g 45-70,100 lee 150g 309 ,100 rcbs sil 180g boolits tumble lubed just waiting for them to dry.those big boolits empty lee 10lb pot quick.

Boolit Master
    I was finishing up some 38 special rounds & since they were visiting with their mom & dad, my 8 & 9 year old grandboys came down to the reloading area & made one round a piece on the LCT as another "familiarization" with what their "Pappy" does to make rounds to shoot. They had fun making their cartridges & wanted to make more, but we were limited on time. So, they are returning next weekend & I am going to set them up with one of the single stage presses so they can make some more rounds themselves, with supervision, & then we will go shooting if the weather permits. Otherwise, we will go shooting on a better nicer day. They really like to shoot.

Between fishing, hunting, shooting, fly tying, camping, etc. & now handloading ( They want to learn to cast boolits & fishing jigs & sinkers too. ), I am happy that they are getting interested in such things. Even though they like their video games, every time they come to visit I try to make it an "adventure" & show them things that we older folks did when growing up for "hobbies" & to have fun, since we did not watch much TV or play many games inside, unless it was raining/inclement weather of some kind. We either did these type of hobbies or were outside doing stuff most of the time.

Anyway, It was a real pleasant time with them.

Now I have to put away the 38sp stuff & move on to 9mm again. Then it is 45ACP. Might do some rifle & shotgun shells after than... Neverending enjoyment, isn't it? Hahah
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I slapped together 300+ 9mm cast rounds and then got out my Johnson. I read some postings on how this guy totally destroys the .30 carbine cases and manages to get one formed into a useable Johnson every 10. I annealed a few and tried running them thru the FL size die for the 5.7 Johnson. Did OK. Then I just ran some right into the FL size die, using Lanolin paste for lube. They came out alright also. Since they were a little harder to size than a normal little case that size, I decided to use the form die before sizing them. It sizes the neck to about .25 cal. and pushes back the shoulder. After that, sizing was easier. Stuck em in to the trim die, filed the ends down and now to look up Abuintu's postings on his loads. All that playing around with my Johnson has me worn out so think I'll grab a root beer and veg out watching a movie.

I started the long process of loading up and getting rid of a number of partial bottles of powder that I acquired during the last shortage when they were all I could find.
    They will all work in one handgun cartridge or another and will be suitable for practice and trigger time.
    Today, I started with WSF. When that runs out, it will be either HS6 or 4756. It will take some time since there are nearly 2 pounds of each.

JBinMN-- I like to hear about people teaching the skill to their children and grandkids. I would like to do the same. Unfortunately, I have a grandson who make spontaneous bad decisions and is smart enough to understand how most things work. I don't dare let him get within arms reach of a gun. He may suddenly decide to shoot someone and would do it.
    He once managed to get a car started and nearly ran over his father with it. He doesn't see consequences when he does things.
    Last edited by tazman; 10-21-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Boolit Master
    sized and gas checked 100x 309 154g boolits and 100x 358 190g boolits after being down the range .good day well spent.

I agree teaching kids or grand kids what their parent or grandparent does with all that strange equipment is rewarding. I was touched to be asked by a fellow reloder if I minded being added to a list for his wife of resources to help teach his children casting and reloading if something happened to him. My daughter and one grandson have cast a bit. I hope another grandson will have an interest too. My wife has agreed to keep the basic reloading bench available for family for awhile after I pass. So the family getting a firearm will have the opportunity to load up the cast supply and decide if they want to continue using the reloading equipment. Annoying thing is it makes me keep things waaay too organized.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I'm playing musical scopes on a couple of rifles. I put a cool old long steel 6x32mm K6 on my Mauser 30-30, a K4/ post on my Marlin 36G 30-30. I know the K4 is good but I'll have to out wait the 200% chance of rain today to test the K6. I'd like the Insurance co to come get their totaled Hyundai out of my loading room.....
    Don't care about the car, How's the reloading room? Or is the car just parked there?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Hi Taz, We got together one time and successfully traded that kind of stuff between the bunch of us. So, if you have other friends close by, you might try that. Besides, it's a good excuse to get together.

Today I melted down the stash of pewter i have been collecting for awhile. Had to beat it down with a hammer to get it to fit into lead pot. I also made a few bullets like about 100 plus or so mostly 30 cal HP out of a noe mold. I weighed it all wen done. Ended up with 13LBS of pewter. Should sweeten a lot of bullets. Makes the HP's fill out better to.

Boolit Master

Today was .30 cal day!

I cast about 20 pounds total... 7# of Lee C309-200, 7# of Ideal 311413, and 6# of Lee TL314-90-SWC. Now, all I gotta do is GC, size and lube them.
    Ed
    Attachment 229199

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Don't care about the car, How's the reloading room? Or is the car just parked there?
    Just parked there waiting My reloading/gun work area is one wall of our shop. Thanks for asking!

Boolit Master

I perfected a basket to afford powder coating many more bullets LOL. I know anybody can make these but...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181021_194618_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	229206

Name:	20181021_194638_resized.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	229207

Name:	20181021_194712_resized.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	229208
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Cast 30 lbs of Lee 401-175 TC, 30 lbs of Lee 358-158 RF. Trimmed 100 Winchester 38 Specials to 38 Med Colt (0.900"), Built a Moon clip rack to sit in a 50 Cal ammo can, built a Moon Clip loading tool, Pulled the projectiles from a whack of 38 Med Colt mistakes. Loaded 100 38 Med Colt. Not a bad day all in all!

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master

I reformed 50 338 Winchester Magnum into 358 Norma Magnums and trimmed them to length!

I also sized 20 416 Rem Mag into 358 NM thanks to IMPERIAL SIZE WAX!! Funny lookin with that long 358 neck before trimming!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Sized and cleaned the last of my 30/30 brass...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    Converted, trimmed/deburred and cleaned 185 30 carbine to 5.7 Johnson Spitfire. No wrinkles or lube dents-nickle plated even. Can't explain how that happened.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30 Carbine to 5.7 Johnson Spitfire.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	229255

Boolit Master
    Just wandered back into the house from coming out of the shed. I loaded just 10 rounds of 30-06 A.I. w/180 gr GameKings and 47 gr. of Varget. That's the most accurate load I've found for my #1.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Page 338 of 601 FirstFirst ... 238288328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348388438 ... LastLast