WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by joe leadslinger View Post
    I cast these for my Savage 99F chambered in 308 WIN. I used 10 lb. COWW 1 lb. Mono type and 2 oz. tin. I will powder coat and water quench them some will be gas checked before PCing. Still working up loads, I have been using 2400, Unique, and Rx7
    Thanks for the questions tells me I need to put a little more info in my post

just asking ... have you tried AA#7 with those?

jd

Boolit Grand Master

Deprimed and sorted through a bunch of recently shot 357's. I'm thinking its about time to junk this batch. Lots of body splits and the nickel is peeling pretty badly. I got my moneys worth from these guys!

Put a load of dirty rags and junk towels in to wash this morning so I folded these and stored them away. I do some gun cleaning and brass sorting on the bar in the kitchen and those old towels allow me to get away with it!

Boolit Buddy
    Finally got back to building my tumbler.

Still need to build a motor mount, mount the electrical, and glue the pipe together. I got it where the tube turns today.

Using 4in pipe that I had laying around. I would like to source some 6in pipe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    just asking ... have you tried AA#7 with those?

jd
    No I have been working with the powders listed in the Lyman Cast Bullet manual that I have on hand.

Boolit Master
    Casting today as its not pouring with rain nor freezing cold cast some Lee 158grwfnpb and some rcbs 180 grsilgc boolits about 400 in all tumble lubed just waiting to size and gas check the rcbs boolits ,I shoot the Lee unsized over 7 gr of true blue for a light cheap load.

Boolit Grand Master

Long story short, I've been pulling bullets and dumping powder from a bunch of gifted ammo.

The long story is that my Son has been helping a buddy move and called last night offering me some old ammo. Thinking that it might be something collectable I went after it. Well, it was mostly modern stuff and had been wet. And corroded! I started last night pulling it down. When I finished I had 3 cartridges that cleaned up enough to add to my collection. The pulled bullets went into my scrap lead stash, the brass went into the retired electricians beer fund (scrap barrel) and the powder went into the jar of mixed up powder that I save to take to deer camp. It makes a nice light show when thrown into the yard fire!

Fast foreward to today, I was getting something out of the truck and discovered another larger tub of ammo. My Son helped me load the stuff up last night and I didn't see him get into the other side of the truck! It looks like a bunch of reloaded 38's, 30-30's and 270's without load data and several boxes of shotgun ammo. So anyway, today I started pulling that ammo down. Some of that brass could be salvaged but I don't really care about having a bunch of reloaded brass with no history. Some of the cases are fired and show pressure signs. Its prolly headed for the beer fund?

Boolit Buddy
    Spent a little time with CAD and the 3d printer (located in the reloading room) to make a quick tool to help sort 38 SPL and 357 Mag cases - The eyes are getting too fuzzy for easy head stamp reading.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sorter stand v4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	253914

Mounts to the top of a coffee can - roll the cases down the ramp and 38's drop through and 357 rolls off into a second can.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072235

Also found a cured for a leading issue in my M&P 9c using Hi-Tek coated bullets (Lee 356-120-TC) - Win 231 is too fast and leads up in 10-20 rounds. CFE Pistol (4.2g) left the barrel shiny clean after the 50 test rounds I loaded.

Boolit Master
    I put the reloading casting stuff in boxes moving tomorrow

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Good luck brother... I dislike even that thought..

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Moving isn't always a bad thing. Disruptive, inconvenient, a lot of work. Last time I moved was from an apartment into my own home. Come March it will be 21 years ago.

Finally manned up and cleaned the heat exchangers and smoke pipe in my wood furnace that sits opposite wall from my bench. A much dreaded, but much necessary job. It's too much furnace for where I live....so I fight creosote in the fall/spring. It runs right as rain...but intended to heat homes in Wisconsin like weather, not South Carolina weather. If it's above 40.....it either runs us out of the house, or chokes down and I get to deal with the lovely liquid/glaze creosote. My nemesis.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    It sucks. Still sorting through the boxes from moving a month ago. Needing to build a new bench, the one we moved from our apartment to the new house is way too small and doesn't work in the space.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    It sucks. Still sorting through the boxes from moving a month ago. Needing to build a new bench, the one we moved from our apartment to the new house is way too small and doesn't work in the space.
    Loved when I moved from apartment to house. Gave me a space to plan and build out to what I wanted. As an idea, I’ve had pretty decent luck with the laminate counters from Home Depot mounted on custom home built 2x4 frame. Decent weight, low cost, water/chemical proof, etc. $100 got me a 8’ bench that has stood up pretty well for over 5 years. Mount it to wall for even more stability if needed though I haven’t seen the need yet.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post
    Loved when I moved from apartment to house. Gave me a space to plan and build out to what I wanted. As an idea, I’ve had pretty decent luck with the laminate counters from Home Depot mounted on custom home built 2x4 frame. Decent weight, low cost, water/chemical proof, etc. $100 got me a 8’ bench that has stood up pretty well for over 5 years. Mount it to wall for even more stability if needed though I haven’t seen the need yet.
    I like the idea of using laminate. Never thot of that!

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys , this move will be a good thing , once we get sorted , down sizing to get to better prepared for our senior years , we will both be retired within the next year and don't need the house or shop space we have now.
    The hard part is going from 1600 ft of shop garage to 650 square ft of garage. Will move my reloading in bed room in the house and build a small shed for casting and wood work tools.
    It will all be great once we get our 15lbs of crap in our 5lb bag we are truly blessed .

Onelight we are staying put. We are in a 1.5 story 4 bdrm. and it's cheaper to stay than it is to sell and move. We are on a dead end road just 5 houses from the lake, I can see it from where I am sitting. Being this close to the lake none of us have basements so now that it was just the 2 of use I took over one of the upstairs bdrms. for my gun room. I have two benches and a computer desk in that room. Only problem with not downsizing is that once again we have freeloaders moved back in and if it wasn't for the grandkids the freeloaders would be living in their truck!

Boolit Bub
    Cast a pot of 45 acp 225tc and refilled ,ready to go again.

I spent the last two days organizing and setting up my room on my new house probably have two more days to get it really good but need to put up more shelves

Boolit Master

Lubed and sized over 100 .382 Bullets for my 38-55s
    Loaded 100 9mm
    Shot 2 rounds of skeet
    Shot 1 round of trap
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    Lubed and sized over 100 .382 Bullets for my 38-55s
    Loaded 100 9mm
    Shot 2 rounds of skeet
    Shot 1 round of trap
    Mike
    You stopped at 2 rounds of sheer and one of tap?!? I can shoot trap ALL DAY LONG...
    WWG1WGA

Page 416 of 604 FirstFirst ... 316366406407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424425426466516 ... LastLast