Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

I inventoried and inspected my Boolit molds. All 71 of them. Cleaned my RCBS digital scale/dispenser.Tomorrow I will inventory and inspect my dies and hunt down the little creature that ate a hole in my box of cream of wheat and pooped on my scale and all over the bench.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto303 View Post
    I inventoried and inspected my Boolit molds. All 71 of them. Cleaned my RCBS digital scale/dispenser.Tomorrow I will inventory and inspect my dies and hunt down the little creature that ate a hole in my box of cream of wheat and pooped on my scale and all over the bench.

That wad rude of him!

Boolit Grand Master

I've been sorting, sizing and tumbling brass for a while but I'm going to take today off. Its warming up some and the snow is melting. Me and a couple of buddies are going to drive to a nearby city and try out a couple of new breweries and a restaurant or two. Probably browse a gun shop or two! My Wife has offered to drive us around. Hope to start smelting tomorrow and Saturday, with a couple of those same buddies!

Boolit Master

About 10 years ago I bought a beautiful Ruger Hawkeye. 22/250. Prettiest piece of wood I have ever seen on a Tiger. I put about 75 rounds thru it working up loads before I realized there was no way it was gonna shoot. I tried to get the action out of the stock but the action screw was so tight it was binding the action. There was no way to separate the 1 pieces. I sent it off to be rebarrelles to .22/250 AI on a Shilen select match barrel a few years later. The gunsmith had to drill the action screw head off it was so tight. Also, UPS saw fit to destroy the stock.

After getting the rifle back I just sat on it a few years and finally found a takeoff stock for it last fall. Well yesterday I decided to bed it. Using modeling clay I dammed up and blocked off everything. I had to put a huge dam in front of the recoil lug. I triple coated all the metal and went to town on it last night. After letting the front and rear screws sit for 30 minutes I took them put and cleaned up the threads. I left the action secured with the middle screw. About 5:30 this am o had to bump the barrelled action out of the stock. Whew what a relief as I have had them stick into the stock before. I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. Not bad for an amateur. I still have a lot of cleanup and trimming to do. Hope it shoots, now.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

Pouring the Acraglass

At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

Overflow bedding. I didnt think i put enough up front at first.

At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

5:30 this am. Time to check it....

At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

More pics

At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

I need to break out a file and the dremel tool to clean it up. The yellow modeling clay will be easy to get off. Mainly I need to get rid of that ridge distal to the recoil lug. I have a chisel for that. I had to use a rather large amount of bedding material up front because it was very cavernous. All I used the dremel tool for was to roughen up the stock to provide a surface to adhere to. I also cleaned everything with mineral spirits and alcohol using Q-tips before bedding.

At one with the gun.

Boolit Buddy
    To cold to do anything out side,,,,so got on my mini ( 7x12) lathe milled a sizeing die (.406) for my 40/60 chaparral. Threaded one end to screw into a old Lee 38 spl. die ,,(screws in upside down in my press ) made a plunger to fit universal bar ,,pushes bullet up at the base ( pan lubed first ) ,,hey it works . Sooooo,,I made one for .45 colt,,sizes to .452 (255gr. + - ) dang,,,2 for 2.

coffees ready,,,,Hootmix.

Boolit Buddy
    Added the last parts to two MEC-600 Jr's that I acquired but needed refurbishment. Prior owners had done a bunch wrong with them, including installing pre-crimp devices upside down. Both presses got adjusted, and work like a charm now.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Buddy
    East central Minnesota. I can see Wisconsin from my house!!!
    My new Blammer gas checks just came in the mail, so I seated some on these recently cast Lyman 429-215 Boolits. Blammer is a Strait Shooter!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gas checks.jpg (1732 x 974).jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	212138
    Before you criticize another man, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away from him, . . . and you'll have his shoes.

Boolit Master

Those 429215 bullets sure do look good. I bet they are shooters.
    At one with the gun.

Made a few hundred 12 ga overshot cards. Then loaded a couple hundred 9mm.

Slow day.

Kraken Fan #69

Got a dozen cast keith style bullets loaded up over Unique in some 44 mag, loaded up some previously prepped 223 (50 rnds), made up 17 7.62x39 plinker loads with brass I had primed already and a few 30 carbine 100gr half jacket bullets, and primed 500 9mm with the rcbs hand priming tool. Cleaned up a bit too.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Buddy
    1500rds 30 M1 Carbine . Rem 110gr JSP over 14.7gr H110 , S&B SRP , LC 53 brass .

Boolit Buddy

Name:	429-215 sized and lubed.jpg (2624 x 1476).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	212264
    I lubed and sized these recently cast 429-215 Boolits. The BHN is 14.3 and they are sized to .430".
    Before you criticize another man, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away from him, . . . and you'll have his shoes.

I looked at how crowded my reloading room is and decided I need a bigger one.

Quote Originally Posted by umwminer View Post
    1500rds 30 M1 Carbine . Rem 110gr JSP over 14.7gr H110 , S&B SRP , LC 53 brass .
    Nice! How do you store/package your finished 30 Carbine rounds?

Boolit Buddy

Name:	457122 AV.jpg (3936 x 2214).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	212265
    I cast these Lyman 457122 AV Gould Boolits, for the 45-70's. The BHN is 13.

Boolit Grand Master

Yesterday we started smelting a bit of lead. Kind of got off to a slow start. I welded some wind screens on to my burner and they chocked off too much air so this morning I cut a bunch of vents in them. Ended up with about 1050 1 # ingots today. Yesterday was slow and it was cold and damp enough to be miserable. Today started off slow too. Working on the pot took a little time and then the first two batches that we did were 40 and 50 pound chunks and a bunch of odd shaped stuff that did not have good contact with the sides of the pot. The last batch took an hour from cold pot to empty pot, 342 1# ingots. Finally down to just clip on weights now so it should go faster and smoother. Hope to get back on it later in the week.

Page 276 of 601 FirstFirst ... 176226266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286326376 ... LastLast