RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Curiously strong - 44 Special, 240 grain, Eastwood Neon Green, 4.9 Gr. 700-X
    Attachment 258920
    Welcome , Strafer!

Boolit Master

Sized a bunch of brass

Hi all,
    I made some mods to my Lee APP and then sized 1200 .45CP brass in about 20 minutes.
    Ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lee APP - 05.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	258982

Used my very last grain of Red Dot for some .22WRF speed fun in the 22-250. It made 20 rounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I loaded several rounds of .38 S&W (not Special) to test group size and shot placement (relative to the sights). The test firearm is a Colt Police Positive (Bankers Special). Red dot powder, Winchester primers, and boolits from 3 different molds. #1 - Lyman 360271. Abuse by a previous owner caused me to have the top of the mold milled down smooth, now it throws 145 grain boolits that drop at .361". I sized and lubed them in a .362" sizer I had honed to leave them full diameter. This design has 2 loob grooves but no crimp groove so I lubed the bottom groove and use the top groove as a generous crimp groove. #2 - Lee 6X mold (group buy) .359 " 110 grain double end wadcutter, Lee liquid alox lube. #3 - Lee 6X .358 grain RF design. Boolits are sized .358" and weigh 125 grains. These are lubed with LAR45's BAC lube. Will be looking for which group better, also which hit at the sights.

Boolit Master
    cast and tumble lubed 100x 45-70 and 358 boolits .

Carstensxd45 All I can say is WOW 157.5 pounds of lead and 9100 plus bullets cast at a long session great job hanging in there and more yet to come lube sizing all of them .

I loaded up 100 45 acps with 200 grain SWC lee bullets I cast last summer and went looking for some toilet paper and meat at the store still no TP did get two steaks and odds and ends

Boolit Bub
    Hey Keith, took 7 different sessions of about 1,5 hour each to cast it all, will finish the 9mm and then start on my 45acp. plan on about the same number of pounds for them, probably won't have a clear reloading bench for about a month

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I just finished organizing my brass stash. Everything has been sorted by caliber and headstamp, deprimed, tumbled and stored away in either 50 caliber ammo cans or Folgers Coffee cans. All of the straight wall cases have been resized.

I started this project last Summer with 2 20mm ammo cans of 9mm's. Took a break for hunting season and then started again in January. Tried to do at least some every day.

bisher.arthur, Are you belling the case mouth? That helps the boolit slide into the case mouth like a funnel. But you knew that, right?
    Most reloading companies make a seperate die for that purpose. M die, or Lee universal belling die etc.
    smilin jack

Boolit Master
    Bought an Ishapore forend marked DP for drill purpose. It's for a #4 Enfield and I think who made it really goofed up. The draws in the stock are badly made so the action sits to one side of the stock. and the backend has cracked. So will redo the draws with new wood or cut them back and glass bed the whole area where the action goes. The crack means that I will have to remove some wood where the crack is and epoxy in a new piece clamp it and when cured and sand down or file it then do all the glass beddding at the same time. But until that happens,scraped the outside to get as much oil soaked wood away and remove the dings and dents. Now have to do the acetone whitening deal to get the oil out of the wood. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

Yesterday afternoon I finished organizing my brass stash. I started this project last Summer but took off for hunting season. At the moment every piece of brass that I own has been sorted by caliber and headstamp, deprimed, tumbled and stored away. Now I question just how much brass does anyone need?

Boolit Master
    did a bit more casting and tidied up the garden.im going to have a nice neat garden this year as i cant do anything else.

Boolit Buddy
    Bedded my 788 action into a new stock and installed a Timney trigger.

Boolit Mold
    Sorted brass and set up my new Lee Pro 4-20.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Organized the top... Seems to be getting quite cluttered.

Made a cast bullet rack and moved couple large boxes (500+) to bottom shelf.

MUCH better!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    Bedded my 788 action into a new stock and installed a Timney trigger.
    “Pics or it didn’t happen”..... Lots of 788 fans here!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    “Pics or it didn’t happen”..... Lots of 788 fans here!
    Haha, I'll get you some when I get home this evening. Luckily I'm still considered "essential"

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    Haha, I'll get you some when I get home this evening. Luckily I'm still considered "essential"
    Me too. Working in muggy heat in the "almost summer" season in NTexas.
    Not complaining just sayin'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Busy day today! Reorganized the ammo shelves. Found 3 boxes of ammo for a gun I no longer own. Tore down the ammo and salvaged Bullets, powder and primers. Brass went to the scrap bucket. Got the .300 BLKs loaded and got a good start on the 12 ga. empties. Should finish those tomorrow and get going on the 20s. I'm actually starting to get caught up! I need another week!

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Melted some more range scrap today, man, I hate that job, but, the result is some fine lead!!!! This stuff is sure dead soft though!!!! When I stamp it, the stamp just marks so easily, it sure acts like pure lead!! Oh, well, it was free and I don’t count my labor, so.......... Cast Boolit members, be safe and don’t be part of the problem!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Page 435 of 601 FirstFirst ... 335385425426427428429430431432433434435436437438439440441442443444445485535 ... LastLast