Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    today in the reloading room I am cutting down some 30.06 brass (scavenged) for some more rattler busters for .45acp.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Boolit Bub
    For the last 4 days i have been tumbling 1st in walnut then in corn cob with polish. Then sorting all the brass in gallon zip loc bags. I am getting ready to do a bunch of loading over the next few months.

I am about halfway done with all of my range pick up/ personally fired brass

Think I bought the last Sea Girt press RCE builds. After the purchase it was no longer listed on the website.

Boolit Buddy
    Set up my new Dillon XL650 last night, dies are tonight. Looking forward to using it.

I tumbled and dried a couple more batches of various calibres of brass in my ss pin tumbler so that it will be ready for future loading sessions. There seems to be absolutely NO end to all of this brass that I've collected up over the years ... thank goodness!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by reverend al View Post
    i tumbled and dried a couple more batches of various calibres of brass in my ss pin tumbler so that it will be ready for future loading sessions. There seems to be absolutely no end to all of this brass that i've collected up over the years ... Thank goodness!

i heard that i am about halfway done

Just heading down to the shop right now to gas check and size some .314" bullets to test shoot in a friend's Lee Speed .303 sporter ... planning on 2 more range days next week!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Dismantled 2 dozen .357Mag test rounds that turned out to be woefully underpowered. Reassembled using a bit more powder. Still hunting that load.

Loaded up 4 different batches of 44Mag loads - some testing rounds, some "I'm tired of testing and want to shoot" rounds.
    Ordered more 44 Mag brass. 500 seemed like a bunch just a few months ago, now I need more.

Sure do enjoy the Super Blackhawk(s).

Boolit Grand Master

Needed some serious loading room therapy this week; sized lots of rifle bolits and even loaded a few before I quit for the night.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I cleaned up the mess that has besieged the loading room/office for weeks. It looks so much better now. I might have to load some brass, now that I can see everything. wooo hooo.

Boolit Buddy
    You won't be able to find a thing now, trixter!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Boolit Master
    Sounds like everybody is busy as beavers getting ready for a long,cold winter.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

So today my young shooting friend came over and we slugged his Lee Speed sporter (BSA mfg) and a Long Lee Enfield (1896 mfg). I gave him some sample 314299's that I'd sized at .314" to try in both of them and then under my supervision he put about 10 tight patches slathered with JB bore paste through each of them to help clean up the dark bores. Seemed to help too and they both looked much better after it was done. After a well earned coffee break he headed off home to load up some of the boolits I gave him to test in both guns next week. After he left, I went back down and slugged the bore on my Mosin sniper 7.62x54R and then slugged the bore on my newest purchase, a very nice Model 1917 (1917 Enfield) in .30-06. I sorted and prepped some brass for both guns and will load some boolits to test in them on Monday and Wednesday of next week. (We have 2 range days planned so far ...) Finally called it quits a little while ago and I'm getting ready to toss a steak on the BBQ in a few minutes. Life is pretty good right about now!

I finished loading 30 rounds of 45 Colt using the Hornady 225 gr. FTX and 12 gr. Blue Dot. I tested 11.3, 11.7 and 12 gr. on Friday with the 12 gr. version seemed to shoot best in my Rossi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last night I loaded prarie dog ammo for my upcoming Panhandle trip. 22-250 with 55gr Vmax over 47grs Superformance. Today I'm installing a Hogue recoil pad on my .358 Win M700. Bench shooting 200grs @ 2500 fps with an aluminum buttplate sucks. Best, Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Finally called it quits a little while ago and I'm getting ready to toss a steak on the BBQ in a few minutes.

And in the end it was just as good as I'd hoped it would be! A sirloin, baked potato, corn, and garlic Focaccia toast ... as a matter of fact it was so good I think I'll do a repeat on it again tonight!

(But for now I'm heading down to my shop to load some '06 ammo with some boolits to test in the Model 1917 tomorrow up at our local range ...)

299 rounds of 45 ACP. 1 primer flipped on me.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Perma-Banned

I cast 1850 .44 and .357 bullets...but it was over 90...and humid...so I did not coat or size them...will try to get that done, in the morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160911_202019_zpsjndymdh4.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	176436
    Last edited by shoot-n-lead; 09-12-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Boolit Master
    Loaded 100 250 savage rounds.