RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Preped 90 x 357 mag cases

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Loaded up about 200 9mm's for plinking. Some 95gr. RN and some 115gr.RN.

Quote Originally Posted by Went2kck View Post
    I finally had time to load some tokarov rounds 7.62x25. I have a lee dies. The only ones I could find in that caliber. The seating die works but the radius on the bullet is getting into the die before it will do the crimp. Some will make it ok but most do not. Unsure what to do about this. May just have to buy a different Mold and cast some more. OH DARN! on the cast some more. Accurate has a mold but is 90 dollars. May just have to load those J brass clad lead cast ones and forget the other. Life is hard.
    I've had great luck with the Accurate 31-085BG mold. It is a TC shape so it does not have problems chambering. I also had him make it without a lube grove and I PC them. I also size to .309. But when loading these, I do a plunk test for each round to make sure it plunks into the chamber.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Nothing, it's in the upper 90's and I had a doctor's appointment. He's surprised that I'm still alive as I don't want to take some of the meds he wants me to take. I relented and got some full strength asprin and some blood pressure meds. All I really want to take are my epilepsy meds and the stuff that controls my other problem.
    Beyond that I'm trying to find a load for my 30/30 A.I. using Reloder 15.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Quote Originally Posted by Went2kck View Post
    I finally had time to load some tokarov rounds 7.62x25. I have a lee dies. The only ones I could find in that caliber. The seating die works but the radius on the bullet is getting into the die before it will do the crimp. Some will make it ok but most do not. Unsure what to do about this. May just have to buy a different Mold and cast some more. OH DARN! on the cast some more. Accurate has a mold but is 90 dollars. May just have to load those J brass clad lead cast ones and forget the other. Life is hard.
    I have been using the Lee 100 gr plain base boolit. No problems, sized .311 tumble lubed.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Again, not reloading weather unless I REALLY need something, started out hauling a half ton of scrap to the scrap yard(cleaning out the buildings around the farm), swapped lies at gun club #1 with the old geezers, cut grass at gun club #2 for a NSSA shoot this weekend, stopped at a buddy and picked up ~97 pounds of telephone lead for when the weather goes down hill.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lead.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	247878

Next is to go pickup 5 bags of shot, 5 pounds of 700x, 1000 209 primers, a couple thousand wads and 300 once fired AA hulls from a guy who is getting out of shooting.

For a hundred bucks.

Been a busy day.

A hundred 41mag with home cast 215gr Keith style swc simple lube

Boolit Master

Cast a bunch of RCBS 44-250K Some .433 round balls and some lee 457-405
    Lube sized the 44s Half with 50/50 and when that ran out Swapped to C-Blue. Which will be cool to test side by side to see if one is more accurate than the other. I do think from the bullet I found on the berm last week that the 50/50 was all gone by the time the bullet hit the berm. Though I had no leading so I guess it did its job.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Again, not reloading weather unless I REALLY need something, started out hauling a half ton of scrap to the scrap yard(cleaning out the buildings around the farm), swapped lies at gun club #1 with the old geezers, cut grass at gun club #2 for a NSSA shoot this weekend, stopped at a buddy and picked up ~97 pounds of telephone lead for when the weather goes down hill.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lead.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	247878

Next is to go pickup 5 bags of shot, 5 pounds of 700x, 1000 209 primers, a couple thousand wads and 300 once fired AA hulls from a guy who is getting out of shooting.

For a hundred bucks.

Been a busy day.

I love people who can't judge weight. Got there to pick up the "stuff". There's a 12 pound 700x can sitting there that weighes considerable more than the 5 pounds he said it did ("5 pounds+/- a half pound"). Got it home and it scaled at over 10 pounds. Triple

Bummer is the 300 once fired AA hulls won't make 200, oh the disappointments in life! How will I stand it!
    Last edited by 15meter; 09-05-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Boolit Master

I bought a bunch of 410 stuff from a guy my brother knows. Devorcenand needed to unload.

4# keg of 296 couple bags of wads garbage bag of hulls and couple bags of shot. Cheap but dont remember. What I do remember was being excited cause the usual 1/2 a3/4 full powder was mostly full and heavy! Paid went home.

There was about a pound of 7-1/2’s in the powder... what appeared to be a sealed can wasn't.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I bought a bunch of 410 stuff from a guy my brother knows. Devorcenand needed to unload.

4# keg of 296 couple bags of wads garbage bag of hulls and couple bags of shot. Cheap but dont remember. What I do remember was being excited cause the usual 1/2 a3/4 full powder was mostly full and heavy! Paid went home.

There was about a pound of 7-1/2’s in the powder... what appeared to be a sealed can wasn't.

CW
    I got lucky, all powder and all the SAME 700X powder. I eyeballed it before I loaded it into the truck.

I got sort of hooked 15-20 years ago buying a bunch of reloading stuff at a garage sale. There was a can of Red Dot that when I got it home and poured it out to double check it, was most definitely two powders mixed together. Luckily what a paid for all the other powder/primers/press/shot/wad/hulls more than made up for the 5 lbs. of Red Dot/mystery powder fertilizer.

If I remember correctly, I sold the press for more than I paid for the batch.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Setup the master caster/pot for that new MP pointy 500 Smith & Wesson mold and cast a hundred or so. Enough to work up a load for the Swede roller in 12.7 X 44R. Also got a new/used Lyman 457-125, so will cast up a hundred or so of those to work up a load for the 45-70 and the 45-120, but I have to wait for the pot to cool down so I can change from the double orifice to the single for the 457-125. Got about a half hour wait ahead of me.

Attachment 247914
    Been reloading 12 gauge WW for cas matches lately. I had gotten down to my last couple boxes so it’s time to reload 200 again. I use my old school Bair/Pacific press.

Trap shells for tomorrow morning

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Well got the orifice changed out and cast another hundred of the Lyman 457-125. It's a nice older mold by Ideal I picked up from a very helpful member.

I finished S/S pin wet tumbling my 45-120 brass and now letting it dry in my CNC Universal block. Next will be to get some loaded up with the above 457-125 Ideal 500 grain PB boolit.

Boolit Master

I dumped in a 4-500 cases into into my tumblers and turned out the lights. In the AM they will be nice n shiny.

Shot pretty well by the end. But first relay my scope came loose... fixed and it nearly FELL
    OFF before I completed the second. As I had to take a DNF for the first, I shot down the side of the barrel For the last four poppers. (I HIT EACH ONE ONE SHOT!!) for the third relay i got to learn why I installed back up sites...one the sixth relay I was THE fastest to complete with five shooters after me and 55 in front.

I helped pick up and stack the steel so I got about 1/3 a deep 5gal pail of 40/10&45 acp. The have a separator but only 9mm smaller and 40 and bigger. I dont do 9mm. . Thats the brass in the tumblers now.

Good day!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Cast 3-400 , 160 gr 38 spl boolits for pc ing
    After shooting that many this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    Cast 3-400 , 160 gr 38 spl boolits for pc ing
    After shooting that many this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the look of that bullet. It just doesn't feed well in my 1873 or it would be my go to.
    Such a nice design from lee.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    I love the look of that bullet. It just doesn't feed well in my 1873 or it would be my go to.
    Such a nice design from lee.
    Yes love that boolit, goes good with 3 gr bullseye at 820 fps. Real accurate out of Thompson 6” Bbl. 38 spl open sights at 50 yds. Spray bomb cans take off.

Page 397 of 604 FirstFirst ... 297347387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407447497 ... LastLast