MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Whelp, got a case stuck in my 300 blk die then proceeded to "fix" it worse by bending the zip spindle in the Hornady die (it's the spindle that holds the recapping pin and expander)

So, luckily I have a second sizing die to use but still have stuck case and will try to figure a solution for this royal mess......*grumble grumble*

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    John their about impossible to get loose. I’ve got one stuck in 30-06 and have another. Soaking in Kroil now for 2 months. Will probably need stuck case removing tool to free it.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Get rid of the crimp first.

What he said!
    Qui tacet consentire videtur

Retired Navy (1966-2004)
    NRA Life member (1994)
    CRPA member
    SBR&GC member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    John their about impossible to get loose. I’ve got one stuck in 30-06 and have another. Soaking in Kroil now for 2 months. Will probably need stuck case removing tool to free it.
    I've had one once before....but I'm typically really good about going slow and ensuring enough lube ECT ECT.....not sure what happened but here I am...yeah I may have to get a tool.

Prob in this is that the expanding rod and pin are so close to the flash hole I don't think I can get them out of the way in this short 300 blk case to even drill and tap the primer hole.

Then...I need to either find a replacement zip spindle for this die or (my preference) open up the threads on the decapping rod nut so i can insert a Lee expanding decapper (actually a replacement from squirrel daddy)

Glad to have an extra sizing die on hand but overly cautious now!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John McCorkle View Post
    Whelp, got a case stuck in my 300 blk die then proceeded to "fix" it worse by bending the zip spindle in the Hornady die (it's the spindle that holds the recapping pin and expander)

So, luckily I have a second sizing die to use but still have stuck case and will try to figure a solution for this royal mess......*grumble grumble*

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    You probably have an improvised stuck case remover on hand. All it takes is a 1/4x20 tap and the appropriate drill bit, a 1/4x20 bolt of appropriate length, preferably a socket head capscrew or other strong bolt and a washer to go with it and a small socket like a 3/8 drive x 3/8” or so.

Drill out the flash hole and tap it. Place the socket over the case head. Put the bolt in through the washer and tighten. Works the same as the commercial ones.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I cast Lee TL314SWC90, 452230TC, and 379250F until the pot was empty. Then I knocked the barnacles out of the pot for a fresh start next time.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    barnacles That should be another official casting term right there with smelting.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up the new AR mags that just came in from Palmetto. Installed a GoldenRod dryer in the safe and took all the guns out for a light exterior oiling. Then detail cleaned a CZ75B. Lots of nooks and crannies in those. Found some light chatter marks on the rear bottom rails. Gave them a light sanding with some 320 grit to smooth it up some.

Boolit Master

Prepped 308 cases, going to fill them tomorrow

Boolit Mold
    I sized and gas checked 173 Accurate 360-230 gr that I cast the previous evening. I then took 72 of of them, heat treated and quenched. I followed up with that batch and powder coated them. The remaining 101 was powder coated with no prior heat treating. They went stright from the sizing/gas check operation to powder coating. I will rerun them through the sizer to clean up any PC flashing on the bases tonight. I want to see if it makes a difference in my 357 max rifle loads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210105_183325.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	274805
    Last edited by 8uck5nort; 01-06-2021 at 07:05 AM. Reason: added pic

Boolit Master

Good lookin bullet B Snort!!

I made a simple 2x3 railing for my cellar stairs. Had one wanted two railings. None of us is as young as we once was. Today it gets sanded again and Tonight aft dinner Ill paint it.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Here's my latest. Some pan lubed. .429's to feed my 44mag/specials and some .452 I have aloxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    barnacles That should be another official casting term right there with smelting.
    Agreed!!

Boolit Master
    Swagged a bunch (yes that is a technical term) of cores while my lee 4lb pot annealed another bunch of derimed 22lr yesterday.

Today I cut a bunch of cores to be swaged.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Loaded 100 mid range 44 mag rounds for the match tomorrow.
    WWG1WGA

Set up the SDB to start loading some of the 30 pounds of Lee 452 200 SWC boolits my grandson and I cast and coated last week.

Name:	0109210554.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	275047

Name:	0109210731.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	275048
    Got a couple hundred done while I'm waiting for the wife to wake up.

Boolit Master
    loaded 50 x 308 with lee 160gn boolits <163gn with my lead> 18gn 2400.

I tried a side project while loading .223 jacketed ammo.
    9 grains of Unique, 56 grain .225" cast with aluminum gas check, Federal small pistol primers. I only loaded three and they shot well at 40 yards with just my elbows resting on the snow coated bench. Of course they didn't work the AR15 action, straight pull only.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I cast a bunch of these slugs! NOE 525 grain “ pellet style slugs, I’m trying to post photos.

Well, for some dang reason I can’t post any photos. But, y’all know what they look like. Thanks, GP Idaho for the trade for this mold!, it’s a learning curve for sure! But they look ok to load.

Update: exactly 147 of those bad boys NOE slugs! Still can’t upload photos, says I don’t have permission and need to refresh page. I’m stumped on that business. Oh well, I also put 25 pounds of 00 buckshot out yesterday also. Cut them, dry them and I might just powder coat some, ya never know!
    Last edited by Budzilla 19; 01-11-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    I cast a bunch of these slugs! NOE 525 grain “ pellet style slugs, I’m trying to post photos.

Well, for some dang reason I can’t post any photos. But, y’all know what they look like. Thanks, GP Idaho for the trade for this mold!, it’s a learning curve for sure! But they look ok to load.
    I've cast and loaded a bunch of those guys! I am shooting a Fiocchi case, a Claybuster CB1118-12 WAA12 wad, 30 grain of Herco and a piece of newspaper to hold the powder down... They come out EXACTLY at spec for a roll crimp and they go about 1250 fps... In my gun they print about 6" low at 50 yards.

Name:	21_slug_salute.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	275170
    One more Edit - my buddy shooting one at a target about 50 yards away:
    https://youtu.be/7vfhrYjel0E
    Last edited by 44Blam; 01-11-2021 at 01:37 AM.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Got a batch of 300 blk in the tumbler, some more primed on the bench in loading blocks waiting for powder

Also, just heard AR15 dot com just got terminated from web service....not sure what hosting site castboolits uses but maybe message your friends here a number you can call or text if this gets zapped too

Page 481 of 604 FirstFirst ... 381431471472473474475476477478479480481482483484485486487488489490491531581 ... LastLast