RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Got my safe moved to the basement. Finally.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Got the rest of it packed up and ready for the move. The 'reloading room' is now the couch, a soda flat, and a 310 tool. I just finished up 40 .38 Special with it.

Primed 600 223 and 600 9mm after working a 12 hour shift.

Boolit Master
    Loaded 6 rounds of 38 special with the Elco Hollowpoint boolit on top of 2.8 grains of Red Dot for the Colt Official Police to carry during a hunting trip Tuesday and Wednesday, just in case an extra shot is needed.

I pulled 50 factory rounds down and threw the undersized boolits in my lead pile. They are/were CBC (whoever that is) for my 38 S&W model 33-1. Then loaded the empty, primed brass with 3.5 grs of Accurate #5 and my pc'd 158 gr from an Accurate mold.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Just cleaned up the mess I left 2 weeks ago.... I got home from a 2 week trip to Hellifornia so the wife could visit her mother who has dementia. It took almost 20 hours driving to get back because of the weather through Northern Ca and Southern Oregon.

Changed the BCG on my .300 BO(Thanks, smokinfeathers!) and checked zero with Speer 150 Flatnose- good to go. And pulled down some old yellow box W-W .284 Win ammo- oddly loaded with stick- not ball- powder? I will use the decapped primers for 30-30 loads tomorrow.....
    The "Range Doe" watched me shoot/tap/shoot the last 12 rounds of some oversize 45ACP loads from the P97 into the old water pressure tank target. She looked impressed

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

After finding my Lyman 525 grn 12 ga shotgun slug load for my 590A1, I loaded about 75. Then when attempting to put them into boxes, realized they are about 1/8" longer than spec...
    Doesn't really matter to me, I can still get 8+1 in the gun. But sadly, they just don't fit into boxes.
    WWG1WGA

Last night I worked on organization and cleaning. Started working on putting acro bin holders on the side of my shelf.

Tumbled some 8mm for a friend and the .45 brass he gave me.

Loaded 25 30-06 with IMR 4895 with cast Lee 160 gas checked and powder coated. Will be glad when our remodeled range finally opens up. If anyone is interested in looking at the range go to SWFSA.org. On the right side of the front page you can watch videos of the whole remodel.

Boolit Master

For the last week; Have been swaging cores to 50 grains. Getting ready to make 60 Grain jacketed .224's from 22LR. Last spring I cleaned, sorted by head stamp, and derimmed probably 5000 22LR cases for jackets. Next week will start mating cores and jackets via swaging. Then after that; swaging 6s .224 bullets weighing 60 grains.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    I pulled 50 factory rounds...They are/were CBC (whoever that is)...
    Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos, aka MagTech.

Out of curiosity, I pulled a few rounds of different factory and reloaded pistol ammo salvaged from my range and gently de capped the unfired primers (I only use certain brands of brass). The primers I seated into new cases. Some were slightly out of round and a few got dome shaped from the decapping pin, so I had to hand feed them into the press. They seated fine and the doming flattened out from the primer ram, so they now look like any other primed brass. I haven't loaded or shot any rounds with the salvaged primers yet, but I expect they'll fire. Being of unknown provenance, they'll be for standard velocity plinking rounds only.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Sorted/sized/primed a bunch of 9mm and 38SPL brass. Now to stuff 'em and shoot some!

Boolit Bub
    Cast, weighed, sized and gas checked, 350 30cal 200 gr. 150 30cal 220 grain, 200 .45 cal 530 grain and 50 45 cal. 405 grain slugs.

Boolit Master
    I took out the trash and wiped the bench top down. ???

Boolit Master
    Cleaned up #1 bench, started cleaning #2 bench spotted my Stach of to be sorted cases, well, spent the rest of afternoon sorting cases, some given to me and don’t have that particular rifle or handgun, good for trading. Headed to deer stand around 3:00 to watch squirrels eat corn.

Boolit Master

Hidebound traditionalists don't like plastic

My pewter ingot-lets came in, so I remelted 70 +/- 1# COWW ingots, added 2% by weight of the pewter and poured them into a couple of ingot molds, then stamped them "L2". I reserved a good bit of the pewter in case this batch needs more for good fill-out.
    Prepped a .444 Handi-Rifle that will get traded for a Savage 110 in .243 - SWMBO has been pining for a .243 she formerly owned and although all my rifles are .30s or fatter I guess I'll have to start stocking 6mm boolits. We're trading dies along with the rifles so at least I don't have the headache of hunting them up.
    Removed the fixed sling swivel and useless stacking swivel from my Garand in preparation for (GASP) drilling the stock for actual no-fooling for-real DQ swivel studs. Abandoned the idea of making a plate to attach to the ferrule and gas cylinder where the two swivels were removed bcz, well, that ain't where ya want a bipod anyway, and I realized I'd have to remove it to dismount the action. Quit mourning, it's a Bell & Carlson fibreglas stock which is sacrilege to begin with, at least that's how the purists in the SARTS acted when I bought the M1 less-wood and stuck it into plastic. They also had apoplexy when I took my M1 carbines out of the oil-soaked stocks and put them in Choate plastic with the sling swivel studs screwed into the (GASP) bottom line so I could use a real sling and bipods...and started genuflecting when I put Ultimak scout mounts on all of them. Almost makes me want to find another Garand so I could twist the knife and modernize that one too.
    "Bwaaawk bwaaawk walnut and steel bwaawk waaaaaalnut and STEEEEEEEL bwaaawk!"
    Polished some .308 and .30-30 brass for a friend who wants some 150 gr in each; I have some Hornady 150 SP for his .308 but had to back-order the FNs for the .30-30.
    Last edited by Old School Big Bore; 11-17-2020 at 08:28 PM. Reason: additional information

Loaded up 100 12ga #4 birdshot rounds for the comp this week... I found that if I put a 0.07" card over the powder, it compresses the wad ever so much but it keeps all the powder in place and slightly compressed. It seems more consistent.
    I got a new steel target last week and shot 6 of these at about 20 yards in my 590A1 and I got a really nice pattern that was only about 4-5".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12ga_Num4.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	271639
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    I cast a pile of the 432 Larsen solids this morning. They weigh in at 249g. These were water dropped for magnum loads. Didn't have the mold hot enough to start, the hotplate takes longer to stabilize than the pot. The mold ran well with the alloy at 700F. I really like this mold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Larsen10.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Bagged up a bunch of brass I'll never use to be shipped to one of our guys here who will give it a happy home.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Page 470 of 604 FirstFirst ... 370420460461462463464465466467468469470471472473474475476477478479480520570 ... LastLast