Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Moving right on, it started out that I went into the reloading room with no particular plans so I sat around and just relaxed for a few. I need to start preparing for a major move and might not have access to reloading for several months. Decided to do something with some of those rounds that accumulate that ya gotta deal with "later." Some had been sitting 3 years or more. There weren't very many; they were just ignored sitting in foam trays in the way of the Rock Crusher and the Charge Master. Probably 10 just needed to be put in a proper home and the rest needed to be broken down and the components either savaged or put in the scrap box. Better already! While that was going on I had some previously sized brass still in the polisher so I decapped some .223 brass, emptied and refilled the polisher with the .223. I don't care what that .223 looks like. Some of it was fairly brown while some was still pretty bright. As long as it's clean and slick it will feed reliably. It's going to be loaded and stored in the "hope I ever need it" stash. OK, all that didn't take too long and I wasn't tired yet so I loaded the primer magazine in the Dillon 650 and then loaded 6 more small pistol primer tubes. Dug out all of the conventionally lubed .40 boolits I had and made ammo with them, about 250 rounds.

The next day I powder coated about 600 boolits for .40 S&W and sized 'em. They'll get loaded up in the next dew days and stored for USPSA once we get moved. I should make up some steel plate rounds while I can as well.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Resized 180 new 240 44 pbs, resized/decapped 180 cases, reprimed 120 of those 180 before I got tired...

Boolit Buddy
    350 30-30 annealed, deprimed and sized, cleaned and expanded.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3030 done2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	233555

Boolit Master

Removed old two piece alloy Rem bases and mounted a new, 20MOA, one piece, steel base, on my Project Howa 6.5 Grendel. Then I sized and primed, 50, 6.5 Grendel Cases.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master

Just finished sorting 2 partial buckets of weights for a buddy. Was pleasantly surprised to still be getting a good yield of lead around here. Prolly 75-80%. Also please to see that steel seems to be replacing zinc to some extent.

Boolit Master
    Tested the ladder loads of 748 with the 227-75 in my 1/7 twist PSA AR15. All fired, ejected, and locked back on the last round from 14.5 grains to 16.5 grains! All fired with open sights, 15.5 grains was the most accurate. It is gonna get a red dot on a riser after I practice and get better with the open sights.

Boolit Buddy

Finished 300 rounds of 180 grain 40 cal coated bullets over bullseye
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    Well, lessee..... I took one of my ammo cans that just had a a couple hundred cleaned and sized 9mm loads and tried to prime them using an RCBS hand primer. Evidently they were military brass, the primers would not seat. The regular commercial brass seated just fine. I dug out my RCBS primer pocket swager and read the instructions. I don't remember how many years ago I bought it to work on some Greek 30-06 brass. I got it figured out, the first primer pocket swaged just fine, and the instructions said if the primer wont fit the primer pocket is too shallow and the brass needed to be discarded. Ok, so I put a primer in the arm on my press and proceeded to seat said primer. No go. So I had a pile of really shiny once fired brass that needed discarding. Into my scrap brass bucket went almost 100 pieces. The commercial brass got primed and flared and put into a loading block. Then it hit me.... The primer arm that I had on the press was for Large primers. I picked the scrap bucket up and thankfully there wasn't a whole lot of truly bad brass. I tried again swaging a primer pocket After changing the primer arm I tried to seat another primer. It did like it was supposed to. I dug around in the tub and found all of the brass I had thrown away, swaged all of them, then treated them like normal.I loaded up all of the brass, plus a few to fill a 100 round box, made sure all the rest were primed and flared, and called it a day. Brain farts happen when you get older.....
    Last edited by Tom W.; 01-10-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Banned
    sized a bunch of 9MM boolits to .359 for my European 9's and tried out a new mold

Boolit Buddy
    Cast 2000 or so 452 185gr swc
    Attachment 233691
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Master
    Started to clean it so I can see the workspace and do some work! Separated a couple hundred pieces of range brass- 4570, 357 mag, 223 rem, 22-250, 300 blk.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    Just got in from the shed. I emptied a 20 pound Lee pot casting the Lee 120 gr tc boolit. I haven't inspected them yet, as they are still a tad warm to the touch.

That six cavity mold is a dream once it gets good and hot!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Banned
    Working on a boolit and seating depth that will work in all of my friends 9MM.
    I'm experimenting with the TL356-124-2R and TL356-124-TC.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Just got in from the shed. I emptied a 20 pound Lee pot casting the Lee 120 gr tc boolit. I haven't inspected them yet, as they are still a tad warm to the touch.

That six cavity mold is a dream once it gets good and hot!
    If you don't already have one, get a hot plate for the mold. I get good bullets from the first pour.

Boolit Master
    Cast 600 227-75 Nato boolits with it snowing outside. Gotten 12 inches so far here in St. Louis. Have a three day weekend so I plan on loading all of them up today and tmro and shooting them on Monday.

Boolit Master
    Loading all those on your little Lyman, or something else?
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    All on the Lyman! I need a quick change for the 550, but just blew my little cash stash I had on a new PSA AR kit. I sold a couple 6 months ago to free up cash for my new truck. Now gotta build it back up.

Boolit Master
    Finished 200 9x18 on my Lee turret 4 hole. I have got to get my Dillon 650 up and running.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Starting to size ALL my .45 ACP brass, do 25 or so every time I walk by the press. Throwing away Tulammo headstamps because of loose primer pockets. Putting all the spp brass in a coffee can to give away. Seems like twenty different headstamps so far

Boolit Master

Sized a bunch of 32-098s
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.