Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

I haven't been in the loading room much lately but today I pulled up some music on YouTube and deprimed about half a tub of range brass. It felt good too, to get back out there!

I took Lightmans advice today and measured the voltage on my outlet end of the 25ft 12 gauge cord and with the cord plugged into the Master Pot . At the outlet it was 124.7 V at the end of the cord it was 124.6 and with the pot plugged in was 120.9 so there's plenty of power amps and watts going to the pot. I adjusted the T stat a bit more and have maybe 1/4 of a turn left to max, I set the pot at 750 with about 34 pounds of lead in it and let it heat 1 1/2 hours . I also read that any drafts over the lead coming out the spout can alter casting results so I tested it with a candle blown out with my fan and garage door open and closed yes there's some turbulence but not much I do have a large fan at the window drawing outward to the outside about 2 feet from the pot . With that extra heat adjustment I casted over 100 bullets many to get the moulds hot a Lee 125 RN 9mm and a Lyman 230 RN .45 with mush better results many of the bullet s were perfect some still had a bit of wrinkling but not as pronounced still no frosted bullets but I have that extra 50F on the T Sate and that bit of adjustment to go. Ill wait for my lead thermos to come and check the heat and then make some more adjustments so I am closer to the results I want . I also upped the lead flow a tiny amount. I will say that exact voltage changes a little all day long with the load on the grid as it was 96F here today and I had 123.3 V at the outlet 15 minutes before then tested it again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muchbetterheatsup.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	245253

Thanks MOA for the info next the thermo coming soon to see whats up temp wise ! Magma has given me great service so Ill call if Im still having issues and I do expect to see that 800 on the temp . I also think the pot can simply be changed from 110 to 220 by just changing the T stat wiring to the heating band and will check with Magma to see if that's true. Wont help me as the 110 and 220 version both use 1500 watts. 220v will not make it hotter . The Magma PID has a 110v relay or a 220V relay so there is a difference with that. Just some info is all for everyone and when I get it all hashed out I will post my findings on the Star thread for reference for other casters. I may get the PID later if I find out I need it but my plan is casting only 100 to-400 bullets at a time as I need them , then shutting down and resupplying the pot with lead for the next session without having to put sprues back into the pot while casting and that's why I got the pot

MOA making my own lube is something I will get to also. Good job and great boolits you cast!

Boolit Master

Its been hotter than Haties for the last 13 days... So no casting for me. But I have plenty to size and GC and load...

Kinda jonesin for castin...

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I didn't get any actual reloading done, but I've been sorting out a few surplus (?) items to put on my table at this weekend's local gun show. I'm sharing a table with a friend of mine. It's absolutely amazing just how MUCH STUFF I have down in my reloading shop and how LITTLE of it I'm really willing to part with! LOL ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith 429421 View Post
    MOA making my own lube is something I will get to also. Good job and great boolits you cast!

Keith, well just a side note since you mentioned making your own lube. I'm becoming a Vendor Sponsor. One of the products we are making is a CNC base that is cut to fit a section of schedule 40 PVC and a 3/8th inch length of aluminum rod for the center. We started cutting out the pieces today. Each base is made to hold 8 of these lube tubes. Here are a few images of the project. We are also making loading blocks for Rifle, Pistol, and Shotguns.

Boolit Grand Master
    MOA,

Do you have your lube stick bases ready for sale yet? I'd be interested in getting one as I've got a couple of types of lube I custom mix for my own applications, and I'd be very interested in getting some "organized" into tubes ready to use in one of my Ideal or Lyman Lube/Sizers. Please shoot me a PM if they're ready.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Keith, well just a side note since you mentioned making your own lube. I'm becoming a Vendor Sponsor. One of the products we are making is a CNC base that is cut to fit a section of schedule 40 PVC and a 3/8th inch length of aluminum rod for the center. We started cutting out the pieces today. Each base is made to hold 8 of these lube tubes. Here are a few images of the project. We are also making loading blocks for Rifle, Pistol, and Shotguns.

most impressive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Those look suspiciously like some loading blocks that my son made for me when he worked at PolyFab down in Eufaula. I love them!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Man
    Loaded 200 rounds for my new to me Colt New Service revolver in 45 Colt. 200 Lee SWC cast and PC by me. Will cast up some Lee 230 TC to try as well.

Name:	C988FC00-848E-4E76-9BD7-CBB2DCF911F6.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	245334

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Those look suspiciously like some loading blocks that my son made for me when he worked at PolyFab down in Eufaula. I love them!

Thanks Tom, I hope to have these ready to offer within the next couple of weeks. So stay tuned.

I finished lube sizing 45 colt slugs from Sunday's cast session and mount my ransom rest to the base wood. Now need to build a sturdy stand to use it at the range.

I sized/lubed some of the 358-125s for testing this weekend. I also inventoried some brass that came in the post.

Boolit Buddy
    I derimed about 1,000 .22lr cases,now ony about 50,000 to go.

Boolit Master
    Lubed, sized and loaded some Lee 358-125 RF and ran a magazine full through my CZ. They chambered without a hitch, which surprised me. As I posted earlier the Lee 356-120 TC had to be sized to .357 to chamber in the CZ . It just tickles the stuff out of me that these other boolits will work, as my Ruger likes a .358 boolits, and my son can use some if needed. I may just have a meltdown of the TC boolits that are already cast, lubed and sized to .357 and recreate them to the RF boolits.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

I'm A Honcho!

Name:	HG503 Cup.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	245404

Finished 500 MP Molds HG 503 Cup Points 44 Magnums. They weigh 260 grains and Im running themsized to .432 behind 23.1 grains of 300 MP and a WLPP. They do about 1.5 inches at 100 yards from a rifle and expand and hold together nicely in water jugs losing almost no boolit weight. They will be added to this years hunting rotation.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Boolit Buddy
    This weekend I'll test a couple things. Some copper plated bullets I won, with some adi ap50 behind it. Also some newly cast 145gr rnbb with universal clays behind it. Gonna be a good day if I get no leading.

Boolit Bub
    Bought a .40 this week. Setting up my 40/10mm dies for the turret press. Now the fun of developing some loads for it!

Boolit Master

Powder coated about 200 H&G #78s with Eastwood's red wagon. Perfect.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Page 388 of 604 FirstFirst ... 288338378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398438488 ... LastLast