Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 84 of 604 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184584 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 12076

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Tryin to straighten up the dag gum place! Lotta load workups, various friend's rifle preps, hunting season prep ...... dang place is a organized mess! Starting this casting hobby has only made it worse with pots, ladles, moulds, alloy and so forth. I am a pig in heaven I suppose.
    The HillBilly
    May God have mercy on the souls of my enemies, because I will not. ~ Patton

Boolit Master
    Bought some 3/4" hardwood ply to shore up my bench . Now I have to disassemble everything and resurface it.

Boolit Buddy
    I seasoned my new brass mold and cast a few slugs. Good times!

Boolit Buddy
    First session with a new Lee 452-228 2 cavity mold. Emptied a 20 lb pot with it, had occasional problems with base fillout, but still got several hundred good bullets out of it.

Ran about 300 NOE 311299 through a Lee .311 sizer with Vulcan aluminum gas checks. Got 2 more coats of BLL on 100 of them, and 1 coat on the other 200. Do another coat on them tomorrow and they'll be ready to load.

Ordered a new NOE 314299 5 cavity, a Lee universal expander and a Lee .314 sizer. Got a CMP M1 match coming up on the 5th, would like to get a good load worked up for .30-06 with the 311299 next week.

Boolit Mold
    Started cleaning ~400 pcs of 9 & 38 brass my son & I burned up at the range yesterday.

Boolit Master
    Cool Tazman, thanks.

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    Escaped from the grandkids and took a brief turkey induced nap in one of my loading room chairs.
    The enemy of good is better.

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    The adjustable charge bar does not work for me with 3.5 grains of Bullseye. sometimes I got none, zero grains and some times it gave me 3.5 but most of the time it was very low from want I needed. Others have said it works great over 5 grains of powder.
    Small charges of powder the charge bar hole is too far off to one side since the slide is pretty tight. There is a fix for the problem put a spacer in against the fixed part to shift the opening toward the adjustment side. Some use thin piece of plastic sheet, or cardboard, some use JB Weld and make the change permanent so that charge bar will always work for smaller loads but not have as much capacity.

Oh I put together some shelves for finished ammo, with space underneath to stack metal ammo cans 2 high. Nice to have it all in one place at the bench. Brass shelves on one end of bench, finished ammo on the other end of the bench. With the makings in the middle.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Small charges of powder the charge bar hole is too far off to one side since the slide is pretty tight. There is a fix for the problem put a spacer in against the fixed part to shift the opening toward the adjustment side. Some use thin piece of plastic sheet, or cardboard, some use JB Weld and make the change permanent so that charge bar will always work for smaller loads but not have as much capacity.
    Had not thought of that. Will have to give it a try and betting it will work because it makes sense.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Grand Master

Pulled out the turkey fryer and all the smelting gear. The ingots I got from the foundry don't fit into the Lee pot. Tried splitting them, didn't work w/ what I had. Tried cutting them, made to much of a mess. So it's back to melting and pouring them into smaller ingots. Wish I had the money for Satan's Little Smelter because a little bottom pour pot would be the ticket for this chore.

Boolit Man
    loaded up a couple hundred 45acp rounds for this weekend.

Boolit Master

Screwed down a Lyman case trimmer I got at the gun show, loaded 100 9x18 Makarov and 50 9x19. Cleaned up the loading bench.

Boolit Buddy
    Just finished sizing the last of the bullets that i made this week:
    2000 9mm 120 gr. TC
    400 45 200 gr. WC
    250 44 240 SWC
    250 44 240 gr HPGC
    300 38 158 gr. HPGC
    700 38 150 gr. SWC
    500 38 148 gr. WC
    500 9mm 102 gr. RN

I might make a few more 38 WC's later this weekend. i just got a new to me H&G #50 WC mold
    Dennis
    ETA: Almost forgot, I made about 5 lbs. of Felix Lube too.
    Last edited by sealer; 11-27-2015 at 10:22 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Sorted through a bucket of Wheel weights.
    Ended up with 4lbs of lead, 10lbs of ferrous and 30lbs of Zinc... So that's the end of small vehicle WW for me, I'll have to find a shop that only does trucks and buses since Lead is still allowed for them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post

Just had to give that advice a try and it sure worked. after adding 3 layers of thick card stock and super gluing all 3 in the adjustable charge bar dropped 2.5 grains of TiteGroup 8 out of the times, the other 2 were 2.6 grains. Still had problems as the powder normally drops after the hopper is closed but not this time.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Grand Master

Tomorrow I will sort the plain base from gas checked. First time using the mold so I will weigh all of them to see how consistent they are.

Boolit Buddy
    Tried a new LEE 358-125 RNFP mold out. Cast about 15-16 lbs of them, then my LEE 20 lb furnace plugged it's spout and had to call it a day. Took about 15 casts to get the mold up to temp, but once it got there I got perfect bullet after perfect bullet, probably 3-400 of them. When sorting them out from the water bucket I found that my cheap LEE molds are turning out a much higher % of good bullets than my RCBS molds are.

Received a new NOE 314299 mold, but need to fix the furnace spout before I can use it. Al at NOE is terrific, ordered it Wednesday morning before Thanksgiving, got it Friday. Will cast up about 20 lbs of them, then I can start loading for my 1909 Mauser Cavalry Carbine in 7.65x53.

Rediscovered why it is a bad idea to toss 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP in the tumbler at the same time. Still trying to get some 9mm cases removed from .40 S&W or .40 S&W from .45 ACP. Really neat when they daisy chain all three into one.

Made some twice baked potatoes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Trimmed some 06 brass after wet pin tumbler.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-29-07-21-17.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	154446

Nothing. My Mom's very ill and in the hospital. So, my hobby has been trumped......
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Page 84 of 604 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184584 ... LastLast