Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Pulled down for the components 400 rounds of shotgun shells. Only about 1800 more to go. What fun? james

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    Had mine since 1987. Maybe I should clean mine...
    I only clean them out of guilt as the rifle gets a lot of use/abuse.

Boolit Master

I started re packaging my cast boolits!!!

They have been gettin outta hand in freezer zip loc on the floor in small dbl re enforced boxes. I found some perfect plastic jars and ordered 5 dz of them! I wanted to be sure I had enough for the shelving unit I am gonna build. (2x8 construction) Floor to ceiling 48” wide shooting for two bottles deep on the shelves. Each bottle will hold about 350 158g 35’s. So more of smaller and less of the bigger. But clear so I can see WO a label. Ill marker top W/dia & Weight & BHN.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I decided there had to be a better way to store Lyman and Ideal DC mould blocks. I had been storing them in individual Lyman plastic mould boxes, took way to much space. The other day our local Rural King had several Plano boxes that got wet and had these big ones marked at $2.50 each and that sparked the idea! Would not want many more as the box gets pretty heavy. Single cells work well for SC blocks and Arsenal moulds are also not to tall for the box. Do not work with RCBS, LBT or Saeco blocks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moulds.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	246666

Also confirmed that I have to many Lyman handles and not enough RCBS handles. I have 1 RCBS handle for 6 mould blocks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handles.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	246667

Boolit Master

I decapped and resized a bunch of .32L, .32M and .32Fed brass.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I started re packaging my cast boolits!!!

They have been gettin outta hand in freezer zip loc on the floor in small dbl re enforced boxes. I found some perfect plastic jars and ordered 5 dz of them! I wanted to be sure I had enough for the shelving unit I am gonna build. (2x8 construction) Floor to ceiling 48” wide shooting for two bottles deep on the shelves. Each bottle will hold about 350 158g 35’s. So more of smaller and less of the bigger. But clear so I can see WO a label. Ill marker top W/dia & Weight & BHN.

CW
    DARN IT!! 2x8’s aint wide enough. GRR. Gonna be a bit more costly... I had a pile of about a doz 2x8 left from a old shed roof project. I dont have but maybe 2 2x10’s!! But its gonna need 2x10 even then they are only 9” wide but should be enough to stack the bottles two deep as I need.

Its always something aint it!

CW

This week's steel match is indoors and I know I can get all my brass back... So, loaded up 100 357 sigs...
    Attachment 246689
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Cast a few NOE 403-198 RF. Finished my casting session at 7:30 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    I watched the thermometer rise above 100 and said to hell with it.

Cast about 400 Accurate 40-180H's:
    Attachment 246722
    WWG1WGA

mattw , Do you treat the moulds to prevent rust, if so what do you prefer

Quote Originally Posted by Keith 429421 View Post
    mattw , Do you treat the moulds to prevent rust, if so what do you prefer
    Not sure what Mattw does, but I put mine in air tight containers with a little thing of damprid... So, it's like the desert in there.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

I prepped 120 308 cases for my buddy. (He is a suedo re loader) He likes speed loading and speed accuracy... Meaning he has no time for trimming or tumbling or primer Pocket duties. Or proving accuracy loads that aint accurate. We got lucky with a couple previous rifles and discovered accurate loads FIRST THING. This one is now on third go around. But what he DOSENT SEE is EVERYTHING so far is nice round groups no flyers what so ever. So its just a matter of time till we discover the right load producing correct harmonics and BINGO. He just wants the “high points”.

I dont mind I have power trimmer and case prep station tools. That and this 120 will last him his entire life. He blasts with a 9mm or 300bo. He loads them both progressive on his 650 in minutes. He says.

CW

Boolit Buddy
    Started pulling out all of the bags, boxes, crates, 40mm ammo cans, etc. of my brass stash to inventory what is on hand. Have found a lot more than I thought I had.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

One of my least favorite jobs....dis-assembling ammo and sorting/weighing components. About 12 years ago a friend gave me many boxes of 9mm, 44Mag, 38Spl, and I also acquired several boxes of 30-06 from an estate sale.

None of which I would trust the reloader enough to shoot....so I used a Kinetic Bullet puller and started whacking away. I don't know what the powder is so it all goes into the "misc" powder can for the garden.

The bullets were sorted by weight and type and put in old bullets boxes (I like the Sierra Green boxes) and labeled for contents.

It has taken me about 6 hours of time so far just for 6 boxes of pistol ammo (50 each) and 8 boxes of 30-06 (20 each). I only have about 4 boxes of pistol ammo left....but it is making the bench look a little cleaner.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

I like a collet better. The whack a mole is for a single bullet here or there. BUt serious tear down I like the RCBS and the Hornady. I have been using the Hornady and just bought a 35 cal cause its a cam and fits better on my turrett than the t handle that makes a wide berth to spin.

I got about 7-800 K hornets from a small localShop that didn't know what they where. All powder, bullets primed cases where saved. I ID’d the powder as 2400. But dose t truly matter cause I also weighed the charges. (GOOD THING I TORE DOWN!!!!) they had upwards of 15g but most had 12... Bullets where Berger 40’s and N osler BT 40’s. I simply worked it up in same Cases using same bullets seated just off rifling in my SS H&R. THEY AHOOT AWESOME AND IM SHOOTING FOR FREE!!

CW

Boolit Grand Master

Listened to some 60's and 70's music while I sorted through and processed a tub of range brass and removed the crimps on the crimped cases. Then I sorted through a quart can of wheel weights that a buddy brought over. Only found 3 zinc weights and no steel ones. I think he's learned to ID the steel ones.

Reloaded 300-9mm and 320-40sw, cleaned and prep'ed another 400-40sw and 120-41 mag. And ate a banana.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Powder coated 140 40-180H's in John Deer Green from Smoke. That powder coats great! Love it!
    Attachment 246840
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Loaded a 100 357 mag with 193 gr boolits over 11.5 he 2400 .range tommorow .

Page 393 of 601 FirstFirst ... 293343383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402403443493 ... LastLast