Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Bub
    Yesterday-already had my press apart. I cleaned and lubed it and also cleaned my 45 Colt sizing and powder through/expander die. Put everything back together and adjusted then prepped 100 brand new brass and loaded them with 452-230 grain lee cast boolits. Everything is slicky smooth and working fine. Still have 400 pieces of the new brass to load and several hundred of fired brass but I know I'm going to run out of boolits. Casting session coming up.

Boolit Master

Bought & installed new LED lighting!! Home Depot 48” single tube was 19.99 with cord & pull switch.
    I had old school halogen & man did it heat the room!!! I think this is brighter!! I KNOW its a more pleasant light!! Ill pick up a couple more of these!!
    Out in the garage I cast one pot ww in a NOE 360-232 & a 6 cav 454-290 LEE RD. Mold.

Then powder coated 350 more various sized boolits.
    CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master

After lunch today I resized about 700 9mm's. Then after supper I went back and did a little straightening up. I ended up taking out all of my molds and updating my master list. I also sprayed all of them before I put them back into the MTM dry box that I store them in.

Boolit Master
    I finally got to clean my NEF today. It's been too hot to stay in the shed for more than a few minutes at a time until today. I pulled the boresnake through it a time or two , then ran a few Kroil soaked patches, Then a few Hoppe's #9 patches, followed by another Kroil patch and one soaked with RemOil. The last ones came out spotless.

Then I got a wild hare up my ...... and decided to change the rings on the rifle. I haven't mounted a scope in probably 15 years on anything, and I cant see as well as I used to. but after some trial and error I had the old style Weaver rings secured and made sure the hammer didn't hit the rear bell on the scope, tightened the screws and made sure the hook on the rings was secure. I'll take it to the range the next time I go and see how much fiddling I'll have to do to re-sight it in, and make sure that the recoil doesn't loosen anything...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Last night I showed my friend and handloading student how to load .45 ACP on the Dillon 550. He got a taste of how to load on the Rock Chucker a week or so ago, loading 100 .40 S&Ws. While he appreciated the ease and speed of the 550 (about an hour for his first 100, moving slowly and cautiously) he saw the complexities of setting up a progressive for a small run. He is firmly convinced that he needs to start with a single stage press and is looking for a good used Rock Chucker or Redding. I gifted him a Thumler's Tumbler, 4-70 dies, polishing media, a Lyman #47 manual, some 45-70 brass, boolits and J-words to help get him started. We also loaded some 45-70 dummy rounds for giggles.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Deprimed/resized/trimmed a few hundred rounds of 44 mag...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

I had dropped some cases in my tumbler and removed them then deprimed and re sized them. Maybe a couple hundred... Was a long day yesterday...

CW

Boolit Buddy
    Decapped and wet tumbled 1000 .45 ACP brass and while they tumbled I loaded 200 .38 specials.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Cleaned up !! What a mess !! My room is soooo small and packed full of soooo much, no excuse , but I can sneeze in there and it looks like a twister went thru a trailer park !!

Cleaned up and primed the brass I resized/deprimed/trimmed the other day... I love shooting full house 44 magnum, but I don't love the case prep...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

I checked and sized 3-350 32/120g HP’s I traded for. Been thinking about a Lipseys 327 Federal mag Ruger.

CW

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    Deprimed/resized/trimmed a few hundred rounds of 44 mag...
    I did that..........once!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master

I have been pulling down a years supply of reloaded trap and skeet shells as I can no longer shot trap and skeet. I had over 3000 shells loaded for the next season. I have gone thru 2100 as of today and I have been at it for over a week now. I am getting a little tired and a little out of sorts. james

Realized that I had been neglecting the cleaning of shot brass... Turns out, I shoot quite a bit and don't clean my brass very often.
    So, I organized the million little bags of spent rounds into two gallon ziplock bags and put a batch of .308 in the vibrator.
    WWG1WGA

Polished 90 pieces of new 303 British brass, full length sized said brass. It's back in the polisher to clean off the lube before being chamfered and annealed tomorrow evening.

Tried my hand at coning the barrel on one of my .50 muzzleloaders... looks ok but proof's in the shooting guess I'm going to the range soon

Boolit Master
    Was gifted 4000, 38 special nickel plated police, once fired cases, sorting found mostly Winchester, about 10% Federal and some other head stamps. First batch were cleaned de primed and sized, ready to load. Second batch of 2000, need sizing and de priming,then will be ready to reload after belling and priming. Loading light @ 3 gr BE, and 158 gr lee pc’d boolit,Eastwood Ford light Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    Was gifted 4000, 38 special nickel plated police, once fired cases, sorting found mostly Winchester, about 10% Federal and some other head stamps. First batch were cleaned de primed and sized, ready to load. Second batch of 2000, need sizing and de priming,then will be ready to reload after belling and priming. Loading light @ 3 gr BE, and 158 gr lee pc’d boolit,Eastwood Ford light Blue.
    What kind of velocity do you get with that load?

Boolit Master
    I loaded up 40 rounds of 9mm 125 gr RF with 4 gr of Bullseye to finish filling a box that curiously only had ten rounds in it.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

loaded 40 223's with Red Dot (5.5,6.5,7.5,8.5) for testing in my ar. Will be testing these for accuracy soon. Unique,Green Dot, 700x and H110.

Page 394 of 604 FirstFirst ... 294344384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404444494 ... LastLast