Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

My reloading bench is full of a disassembled 1911 that is 99.9% complete... But today I moved everything a bit and put together 100 45 ACP with the MP 452-200 mold with the penta-point cast in very nice 25:1 lead on top of some AA#2. This load got me an ES of 9 and a SD of 3.6 at 890 fps AND an excellent 5 shot group at 25 yards...
    WWG1WGA

loaded up 51 rounds of 7.62x54 R using noe 314-210-rn mold with 11.5 grains of unique. if these work like there supposed to i’m going to enter into the last month of military postal shoot with the CBA.

also won an auction on gun broker for 85 pcs of once shot 7.62x54r brass boxer cases off of gun broker. every piece of brass i own for the mosin is in the enclosed photo.

the next project/skill i need to learn is case annealing. i’m going to just try and use the deep well socket method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear heavy clothes and boots. I learned the hard way to not do this. I quench so there's always water close by.

Quote Originally Posted by HH928 View Post
    I wear heavy clothes and boots. I learned the hard way to not do this. I quench so there's always water close by.
    About half of my career was spent around large machine tools that could crush you or tear you apart if they got the chance. Secret to survival was: never lose your fear of them. Good attitude to have around molten lead, too.
    Cognitive Dissident

reloads turned out good. getting better with shooting practice

i feel my cast reloads are good enough to start shooting cba postal matches. at this point i atleast know it’s me pulling the shots and not the ammo or the gun.

Follow up, went to burn doctor today, he said it was a 2nd degree and that it was looking good (thank my wife whos a nurse and my daughter who worked a burn unit), changed medication, wrapped it and will see him again in a week, fingers crossed. And yes new leathers and protective wear are incoming, thx everyone!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

project i started almost 6 yrs ago before i took a break from reloading. finally finishing it. loaded 48 boolets for load development since i switched the powder from unique to bulls eye. these are from a lee 6 banger mold .356-120-TC-TL mold.

I used stamina powder coat and did the shake and bake method. I also make bass jigs so i had a bunch of black laying around. 12 rounds each of bullseye from 3.5-4.1 grains.

boolets we’re sized to .357 in a lee push through sizer than powder coated. i want to see if the extra thickness from powder coat helps get rid of what tiny bit of leading i’m getting a tiny bit of lead streaks in my SR9E but, the leading is not horrible. i could live with it untill i get a better mold. i know some people have issues with this mold ( lee dosent even make it any more). originally from what i was told it was produced to make .38 special boolets. i didn’t know that when i was starting out casting and bought the mold it

Boolit Master
    It's too darned hot to do ANYTHING in the reloading room and most likely will be for the next few months.

Boolit Mold
    I sized and primed 50 rounds of 223 brass.

Cooked ingots.

Cast the RCBS silhouette bullet

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Finished a stand for my new Lee hardness tester. At least I can see the divot and the numbered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8035.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	316079 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8035.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	316079

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    Cooked ingots.
    wish that was on the tailgate of my pickup

Moderator Emeritus

After casting some 243 boolits from a new-to-me mold, I GC'd them and ran them through the lubesizer. Honestly it's been a while since I've used the lubesizer...and forgot how much I like the SL68B lube...it takes so little pressure to push through the die into the lube grooves, so no leaking, even through a modified H&I die, that typically leaks with other lubes.

Attachment 316084

Attachment 316085
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    After casting some 243 boolits from a new-to-me mold, I GC'd them and ran them through the lubesizer. Honestly it's been a while since I've used the lubesizer...and forgot how much I like the SL68B lube...it takes so little pressure to push through the die into the lube grooves, so no leaking, even through a modified H&I die, that typically leaks with other lubes.

Attachment 316084

Attachment 316085
    Those looks nice, about how fast do you plan on pushing them?
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Those looks nice, about how fast do you plan on pushing them?
    I have a plan to work up a load, starting at 9gr of Blue Dot. Not sure of the speed, but it ain't much.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Boolit Master
    It been way too hot to cast boolits, so I made gas checks instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I have a plan to work up a load, starting at 9gr of Blue Dot. Not sure of the speed, but it ain't much.
    Sounds fun, do you pack the cases with a filler?
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

I drilled and tapped a 1956 Spanish 98 Mauser action and installed a H&R model 300 22-250 barrel on it.
    The plan is for a nice “Walking Varminter”.
    I’m also setting up “Stick”(ugly 6.5 Swedish/ Spanish rifle) for scope use also.
    Work for a bit, then retreat to the cool house!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Sounds fun, do you pack the cases with a filler?
    I'm still in planning stages. I shouldn't need a filler. I don't plan to use a filler for the first test loads, but if I don't have success, maybe I'll investigate that or maybe move to a different powder. I am only using it cuz I have a bunch of Blue Dot [it was my goto powder for 44 mag, until I had some issues), so I don't use it for revolver loads anymore...but have heard it can work well in reduced castboolit rifle loads.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 577 of 604 FirstFirst ... 77477527567568569570571572573574575576577578579580581582583584585586587 ... LastLast