Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Dried some mixed caliber range brass and sorted. I also cut around 1/4" off a .380 mag to fit another .380. I made two tiny wings to hold the slide on plastic bottom. I was 99% done when one side snapped (fell) off. The dremel wheel must have made it brittle, or the harden metal isn't made to be bent. I then re-fixed the old mag.

Sat in the reloading room for hours feeling over whelmed, seems I lost my load book in the move from Ca to Oregon. I dont remember what powders I used with what calibers so I now have to start over (I bought multiple powders for each caliber to try) Primed a couple hundred each of 44 Mag, 300 Savage, 6.5x57, 7mm Mag, 45-70 and 35 Remington.

Its going to be a long road to get load data book re-done.

Boolit Buddy
    Busy weekend!! I received my new Lyman M expender dies on Friday, and messed around with them a little. Loaded some 45 for next weeks shoot, and also started working on a WC load in 38spc. I have a ladder loaded up from 2.8-3.4gr and hp38/231. now I have to find time to get to the range and test them. Did a lot more cleaning and organizing of all my stock. Getting a handle on it...

Boolit Master
    Yesterday kicked out 400 9mms. My back didnt let me finish the run of 500 I was going for. So I took to the drafting table to make a new shooting bench. Got my lumber list ready will head to the yard this morning.

Boolit Master
    Made another test load for Unique and Berrys 115 plated in 9mm. Also cleaned up the reloading area adding a longer bench too. Next task will be adding more shelving.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Doc Holliday View Post
    Sat in the reloading room for hours feeling over whelmed, seems I lost my load book in the move from Ca to Oregon. I dont remember what powders I used with what calibers so I now have to start over (I bought multiple powders for each caliber to try) Primed a couple hundred each of 44 Mag, 300 Savage, 6.5x57, 7mm Mag, 45-70 and 35 Remington.

Now that is certainly depressing. The only good point is it gives you a good excuse to do a lot of shooting and experimenting.

I cast a little over 500 of one of my favorites tonight, NOE-360-150-SWC. I tumble lubed them and set them out to dry. Tomorrow or Wednesday I will size them and have them ready to load.
    While I was waiting for the pot to heat up, I loaded 100 rounds of 9mm for blasting/practicing. Lee 356-120-TC over 6.0 of HS6.

Boolit Master

Doc,
    Just a suggestion, but if you go to the Castpics website, there is a tremendous amount of data there to at least get you started again. There is even cartridge specific, and boolit specific data for popular combos.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    This could be a nightmare for Doc if he has a lot of custom rifles and pistols. I would not know where to start if I lost my load data. I guess it would not be so bad if I only loaded Jword bullets but cast projectiles and custom guns uggg. I hope it shows up in another box Doc H.

Oh for the reloading room not sure this counts but it is where I stock my loaded ammo. I scored 12 boxes of bird shot today for 3 dollars a box. So I put it away in the reloading room. .14 cents a round not bad.

Boolit Grand Master

Tough break, Doc. Hope it turns up soon. I spent a little quality time with my load book tonight. My new 45-70 made a big dent in the 40 hunting rounds I loaded a little over five years ago. It seems I've only fired 10-12 rounds with my favorite thumper (including sight-in rounds) over the past five years, nearly half of them put meat in freezer. That RD 460-350 is a pretty awesome hunting boolit, not much fun for plinking.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Wow, that's a bummer. Hopefully it'll turn up.

In the mean time, you can recover anything you've posted online. On google you can do a site selected search, like this:

Code:
    site:castboolits.gunloads.com "the real doc holliday" 45-70
    If you post to other sites, substitute that forum name.

Coated a few batches of boolits with Hi-Tek, re-sized and reloaded some .44-40 and .38 sp. Was going well until spilt powder jammed up the Pro 1000 primer feed.

Boolit Master

Cleaning empties right now.

Boolit Buddy
    Well maybe in front of the reloading room, but rendered the lead out of one and a half Homer buckets of clip on wheel weights.

Boolit Grand Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Put together three AR lowers. Put together two AR uppers. Having issues w/ the FA binding on the thrid one when the roll pin is installed. I think the FA is out of spec. Going to try to file the flat down a little tomorrow.

Last edited by dragon813gt; 02-14-2016 at 12:00 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Cast boolits for 32WS, 300 Savage and 38-40. Sized the 32WS & 300 Savage boolits and HT'd them. Replaced the diaphragms and safety bolt in the air compressor for my aerobic system. Loaded 20 "try" loads with a NOE 311041 clone and a PB RD/NOE 311-165 over 10grs Unique.
    38-40 boolits were cast in my new Accurate (40-180A) mould, simply awesome. 32WS mould (323-170A) from Accurate perfomed quite well also. Finally figured out the NOE RG mould and it truly does rain boolits....but I was only doing a short run so had to quit as soon as things started going well.
    OK, the compressor (and aerobic system) are actually just outside my loading room....but I used my gunsmithing screwdrivers so that ought to count for something.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    I spent the day in and out of the reloading room. Mostly keeping an eye on the fire since it was going -40/-50 last night. No the wood stove is not in my reloading room. Hence the in and out. Anyway i had some flat wire in 18' lengths sitting around. After a few bad designs I finally got a good one. I made clay pigeon clips to hang from a branch or line. I had the idea after seeing some sure clips being used by one of the youtubers I dont care for. Some of these youtube channel guys are always plugging things buy this buy that. Instead I made a few.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01389.jpg   DSC01391.jpg   DSC01388.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    I spent the day in and out of the reloading room. Mostly keeping an eye on the fire since it was going -40/-50 last night. No the wood stove is not in my reloading room. Hence the in and out. Anyway i had some flat wire in 18' lengths sitting around. After a few bad designs I finally got a good one. I made clay pigeon clips to hang from a branch or line. I had the idea after seeing some sure clips being used by one of the youtubers I dont care for. Some of these youtube channel guys are always plugging things buy this buy that. Instead I made a few.
    I really like that idea. Great way to hang a target.

Boolit Master
    Thanks. I started trying to use old coat hangers but soon learned round wire was harder to make work. Like I said had the flat stuff sitting around left over from another project.

For those who wish to buy clips these are great and priced cheap. Get the 50 round yellow bag that way you wont loose them and can send me 10 for turning you on to them. LOL Just make some its simple and well we all are DIY's that is why we are on this forum.
    Link- http://www.suresiteinc.com/hangers.php

I loaded 50 6.5 jdj for fire forming. Waiting for the weather to improve to try them out

I loaded some test rounds for my 357 mag using 296 and IMR4227 with 158 grain XTP hollow points and 359156 boolits.
    Hopefully I can get out in the near future to test them. We are having heavy snow at the moment.

Page 102 of 604 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112152202602 ... LastLast