Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

I turned 32 pounds of alloy into 358311 and 452374. RCBS bottom pour circa 1989, Two DC molds, fill one set it down, pick up the other. Kept doing that 500+ more times. Adding alloy to the pot along the way. That was 2 -1/2 hours.
    Tomorrow PC and size.

Boolit Buddy
    Needed some slugs for slugging 375 Win bbl and 44 Mag bbl so I started looking for my stash of SOWW. Could not find them anywhere. Decided to to empty the lead pot for when I would find those elusive little items so I cast up 10 lb of Lyman 429667 (44 cal 240 gr FN). After casting the bullets I moved some stuff under the bench and there they were! Melted them down, cast my slugs, and poured the rest into 17 one pound ingots. I REALLY need to organize that shop better. I know I have a box of COWW in there somewhere waiting for me to smelt them down into ingots.

Boolit Grand Master

Reloaded a couple of hundred more 30 Carbine for my Blackhawk revolver.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Finished up casting the wheel weight I bought from Capt Kathy, all 50 lbs. All of it the Elco boolit for 9mm, 38/357. Started in on some other lead I use for 30 cal hollow points, about 10 lbs of that. Loaded a few hundred 9mm after taking the MIL and BIL to the range. Only about 1000 9mm left to load.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Mode some more Cramer number forty-five bullets .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    Loaded a couple hundred more 9mm. Ran 600 9mm boolits through the Star. Getting close to being done with 9mm, then on to 400 38 special, and finally about 600 223. Then I'm all caught up lol.

Boolit Buddy
    Purchased 4 pound can of Win 244 yesterday. Am loading some 38 spl. and 357 mag. loads up for testing.
    BTW I picked up a brick of CCI spp for $59.99 at our local Sportsman's Warehouse this week too.

Re-installed the Dillon 550 and Redding T7 in the new house garage for the winter loading season, now to install the other 550 and Hornady 366 in the shop.

I cast some .225” 55 gr fn, some .309”170fn,some .309”200gr rn, and some .377” 250gr fn.
    All from Lee moulds and lubed with LLA.
    I didn’t feel like PC this time around.

Boolit Buddy
    Deprimed, cleaned, annealed, trimmed and primed 500 NM 308 cases. Only 1500 to go.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up some black powder 38 S&W with .360 roundball.Still might make up some blanks next.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Bear View Post
    Purchased 4 pound can of Win 244 yesterday. Am loading some 38 spl. and 357 mag. loads up for testing.
    BTW I picked up a brick of CCI spp for $59.99 at our local Sportsman's Warehouse this week too.
    I was in Sportsman's Warehouse here locally in WA state yesterday and they were asking $10.99/100. Add the gov's tax and I said no thank you.

What did I do in the reloading room today? I broke my dadgum RCBS decapping/small base resizing die. New one on order...dagnabbit.

Boolit Buddy
    I put the crimp on 150/357 swaged bullets.

Boolit Master

Last week I bought a large old heavy file cabinet for $15 at a estate sale so for the last three days I did a deep clean on my reloading room ! finally done still have room in the file cabinet can see my reloading bench and the floor ! I believe it was 2012 the last time I actually deep cleaned the entire room ....

I also belled the .357 magnum cases that I started prepping last week now I have a large size plastic Coffee can full of ready to load .357 magnum . (my guess is about 700 cases )

One odd thing I ran the cases after sizing and decapping them in a sonic cleaner to clean primer pockets and inside of case more then anything . A bit of soap and lemishine was in the hot water the nickel from cases seems to have transferred to the brass only cases in a this coating? It took three 480 second cycles with heat on to get the primer pockets clean I also needed three loads in the cleaner .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Spent hours calling around trying to find some Large Rifle primers. Had one place close (1/2) hour drive each way say we have loads. Great I said can you set a few 1000 bricks aside for me? NO they stated. We have a limit of 2 boxes of 100 per person per day. Ugg not worth the drive.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

I cast 15 lb of MP358429 from the eight cavity aluminum mold then it broke

Boolit Grand Master

Sized, deprimed and trimmed 300 .30 Carbine brass, then threw them in the tumbler.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    What did I do in the reloading room today? Absolutely nothing, dangit. Had gall bladder removed last friday and can't do much of anything. But I sure can think and plan new projects!
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Master

Slugster Prayers your fully recovery .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.