Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Last night I emptied the tumbler of once fired LC 556 brass. Its brite and shiny now.

I ran it thru the .256 mandrel die. Then thru the mighty decapper die and directly into the Dillon 600 to remove the crimp. Last steps where to the primer pocket uniformed and then flash hole deburr.

Lastly it went into the pretzel tub labeled 25/45 Sharps for future loadings.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

A neighbor brought over a Savage Bmag .17WSM that was loose in the stock. Ugly-even for a Savage. He also brought a box of .17 HMR with it that the LGS told him would fit.........luckily there are 5 rounds of correct ammo in the magazine. I handed one back to him to show the guys when he takes the HMR ammo back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

The other day was having trouble casting 38 cal bullets with my Lacmiller 160 gr. SWC mold, certified Lyman #2,; .005" out of round. I got out an old Lee mold, 158 SWC and cast up a couple hundred. All measured .359"-360" and mebbe .001" out of round. God old Lee "junk" comes through again...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    I got some shelves from my neighbor in a trade and am looking to see where they will be most handy. I hope to put one for powder and the other for dies...

Today I cast more T/C boolits for my 9 mm....
    Last edited by Tom W.; 07-07-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Tumbling the last few hundred empty 9mm cases. Loaded 100 380ACP. Found out a 50 cal ammo can will hold everything except the powder needed to load 300 270win with 10 grains of red dot...

HAH!!!

Wished I could see the bench through the summer house clearing...
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

I would love to see my bench after making room in the house for one of my sons and his family to move back in for a while.

Boolit Master

We have out of town visitors for a few days. All that stuff that was stashed in the guest bedroom is now stacked in front of my miniscule loading bench. I won't even see that bench until sometime after next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    We have out of town visitors for a few days. All that stuff that was stashed in the guest bedroom is now stacked in front of my miniscule loading bench. I won't even see that bench until sometime after next weekend.
    I’d give that comment a “Like” but I don’t have a button to press!

Boolit Buddy

Mounted my new Rock chucker supreme and sized a couple hundred 9mm boolits, the kid finally built his own bench and took the press I gave him years ago with him. Sooo I had to buy anther one right.
    One of the local stores which usually is not known for decent prices had them on sale for 129.99
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master

Sized 300 LEE 309/230's and 200 .401 145SWC cast bullets...

The LEE push thru sizer is FAR faster then the LYMAN 4500 for this powder coated sizing procedure!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Cleaned my loading benches,set up a new casting table,then cast a few 240 grain 44s and 228 grain 45s

Today I had to dispose of some old reloads of 32-20 so made another burn barrel "holy".
    Tumbled the brass for about 9 hours , (I forgot I was tumbling brass) , deprimed , loaded another batch and tomorrow i'll dispose of those and write this thread again until I get bored of shooting the old Marlin 94 and move on to some other gun I found a bunch of old reloads I made.
    Ain't this fun ,,,,,
    Keep breathing , it's good for ya...

I'm turning reject 25-06 and .270 brass into 8x57 brass. Actually a lot of it is once fired Federal so yeah, reject brass��

Boolit Master
    resized and cleaned some 9mm and 30/30 brass, then cleaned the pistols that I too to the range. Gotta get my 30/30 cleaned soon. I only shot 20 rounds from it, and 12 of those were mouse fart loads. Mighty fine group from those! Well, all the loads grouped well.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Preped 20 45-70 cases cleaned and tumble polished 100 308 cases.to hot to do any casting here at the moment high 80s run out of 309 and 358 boolits.got enough loaded to keep shooting but I like to have supplies.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    .....to hot to do any casting here at the moment high 80s .....
    It's in the mid-80's here at 8 in the morning. Usually on it's way to much, much uglier temps.

And in a month (mid-August), when we're looking at another day in a stretch of 105 degree days, we'll be wishing for the coolness of mid eighties.

Boolit Master

Over the past month or 2 I have been working on some
    357 sig ammo with my powder coated bullets. I seated primers on over 6,000 cases. This is about half of what I loaded this weekend. So far I am probably about half done with this run of ammo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

Had a good weekend. Resized some 32acp slugs to .310, loaded 8 test magazines and found a goodish load. Cleaned my presses and oiled them, Partner that I prime on, RC2 that is my workhorse and RC IV that is for resizing lead bullets with the push thru adapter that someone here makes that takes H&I dies. My room is humid and hot in the summer and cold and dry in the winter, unless the diesel heater is running. So things skim with rust quickly, have to oil moulds often, even in a cabinet with tons of silica dry.

Put another big batch of mixed rifle brass in the ss pin tumbler last night so I'm heading down to the shop now to empty it out and put it in the dehydrator to dry off. I should spend some time cleaning up in there today so that I can actually move around in the shop ... it's getting a bit out of control down there!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Page 321 of 603 FirstFirst ... 221271311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328329330331371421 ... LastLast