RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USPS Package Delays

Perma-Banned

I received a 35lb box of bullets mailed from member 4given in Idaho on 12/2...delivered in Ga this morning. This is the service that I consistently get with the flatrate boxes.

Boolit Master
    My mold from NOE is two days late according to USPS' own quoted delivery date.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    I just did a mold trade with a member here. We both mailed using SFRB on Tuesday, both said they would be delivered Friday. I received mine yesterday, the package I sent to Texas showed up at the origin facility in Jax Florida at 1:37 am on Wednesday. No further info and he hasn't received yet.

Why it takes longer to get to Texas from Georgia that from Georgia to Texas I don't know.

Sometimes tracking works great, sometimes it arrives and never shows delivery.
    -William

"How air ye fixed fer meat, Del?" --John Johnson Crow Killer, The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson

My Feedback: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=stonecrusher

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

For the number of packages they handle if any of you could do better on a nation wide basis, let them know.

Frankly I think they do a heck of a job.

If they didn't E-Bay would not be so successful.

My normal delivery is 3 days from anywhere in the U.S., once in a while it runs 4 days, overseas shipments usually 2 weeks, depends how long customs holds onto it.

Have yet to have a package lost.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Moderator Emeritus

My mailman told me that he had to go back mid route to get the rest of the packages for today. He could not get them all in the car he uses for delivery(rural contract carrier).

In Remembrance
    Two weeks our postman was telling people mailing packages (not flat rate) to expect 3 weeks delivery time. I get some astonishlingly quick at times, other times it takes a little longer, but if it wasn't for flat rate, I couldn't afford to have anything shipped up.

Boolit Master
    Had a Herters press part i ordered in June, never arrived got a refund, sold the press and lo and behold showed up on 12/2 14. No I have to ship it back to the man. The label and tracking number was all but gone only the name and address survived.
    Frank G.

In Remembrance
    This time of year EXPECT delays across the board. Everything from snail mail to the parcels can and will take longer to get to there destination because of the shear volume increase.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Master

About 4 months ago I bought a model airplane kit from an individual, shipped USPS. It was the old style box full of balsa and other materials; not a big bulky ready to fly mostly assembled airplane. It was about 3"x8"x37" and weighed around 6 pounds. They charge extra for what they consider large, light packages. Following the tracking number, it sat in at one location for almost a week without movement. While it finally arrived undamaged, I would not call that good service.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Banned
    I haven't had any better luck with UPS. They are in their Christmas Rush right now so don't expect anything on time for 2 months.

Boolit Man
    I take pity on our mailman when it comes to packages. He actually has to get out of his truck and come up to your front door. It is sad that he is underpaid and overworked.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't pity them. It's part of their job. They don't seem underpaid around here. They all have nice houses and nice pensions. They decided to start delivering parcels so it is what it is.

Perma-Banned

I am not defending the USPS, however other factors can come into play. We noticed a severe slow down in mail service for a while, it turns out one of the main processing facilities in Baltimore was without power. Demonstrations happening in various parts of the major cities, and just general Murphy at work. I'm not saying that is all of it, but it is a possible explanation for some of it.

OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    For the number of packages they handle if any of you could do better on a nation wide basis, let them know.

Frankly I think they do a heck of a job.

If they didn't E-Bay would not be so successful.

My normal delivery is 3 days from anywhere in the U.S., once in a while it runs 4 days, overseas shipments usually 2 weeks, depends how long customs holds onto it.

Have yet to have a package lost.
    Its better now than it used to be. I used to use the PO to do a bit of supply delivery for my first business in the mid-80's and it was more common than I would have liked for packages to arrive damaged or simply disappear. Since the advent of computerized tracking packages simply don't get lost, though I have seen a few where someone along the way poked a hole in them in the hope of having something "fall" out.

My Dad used to gripe every time the cost of a stamp went up, but I always thought that letters were the real bargain in the system. I certainly wouldn't carry a sheet of paper from Florida to Alaska for $0.49. I notice that FedEx and UPS aren't rushing to compete in handling regular mail.

By the way, the NOE mold I referenced above did finally arrive but it took twice as long as Priority Mail is supposed to take. I guess that's the price you pay for ordering something on cyber weekend.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Grand Master

I've actually been receiving packages quicker since Thanksgiving. Two from NOE arrived in three days. Had a package from Washington state get to PA in three days as well. Any UPS delivery has gotten here a day early as well. Amazon is pretty much next day even though it's shipped two day. I know location plays into this but my service has been better.

Have a 41 cylinder from Doug Guy in the USPS ozone somewhere for several days now, but I'm feeling a little better listening to you guys. Fingers crossed.

Boolit Buddy
    Had one with no updates for 3 days, guess it was just sitting in the truck till it got unloaded.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Just received a watch I ordered on E-Bay on 12-9, today is 12-12, not to bad from California to Indiana, 3 days.
    Also received a package from China shipped 11-28, 14 days, not bad either.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

I've had three different deliveries in one day from usps lately. They are running good for once imo and packages making it from IL to CA in 1 day with standard flat rate packaging is unthinkable with them.

It shipped evening of 12-10 delivered 12-11

Boolit Buddy
    I'm sure the USPS, UPS, & FeEX all have sufficient faults to cover a multitude of mailing errors. However, some of us also have faults. I have received packages with address labels that I could barely read. How the Postal System deciphered the hieroglyphic phonetic jumble that was called an address I do not know.

Give the carriers a break. Use computer generated labels and tape over them with clear sealing tape so they do not smudge. An extra nickel and a few extra minutes addressing a package can really make a difference in how it is handled. I use 18 point bold face type for my labels and I do not seem to have any trouble with deliveries to some very remote locations in what I consider a timely manner.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast