MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50 Alaskan handgun loads

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    Is that a no of sarcastic anti-enthusiasm born of having a need now to try one or both of those, now that you have some starting data to go after?

Cause I happen to have a bunch of extra m33 ball I'm not gonna ever use......

(For free if you send me a couple dummy rounds, one untrimmed @ 3" and one with the brass trimmed short to end at the cannelure @ 3" OAL)
    Just kidding, its a nooooo I dont want to put a bullet of that weight into my testing right now. The 500-525 grainers are all I am testing, But thanks

Boolit Master

You might be surprised to hear that a 740 grain boolit going 930 fps from a 5 lb revolver recoils like a 45 acp.... (no, really. like a 45 acp.)

Banned

your a tougher man then me. Ive shot the 475 and 500 linebaughs for years but when my buddy brings out his 500 and 475 max guns I go looking for the girls room. Those max guns with full power loads are in a different galaxy comparted to the standard guns with real full power stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by ole 5 hole group View Post
    You think factory Grizzly ammo for the 50 Alaskan is a no-no - well, I kinda think the 50 Alaskan in a handgun is a no-no. I occasionally shoot a 500 Linebaugh Max with 525 grain bullets at warp speed and that's about all the felt recoil a guy can "enjoy". Now the Linebaugh Max case length is 1.6" while the 50 Alaskan is 2.2", both 511 diameter - I would think a guy could meet his felt recoil limit well before going the 50 Alaskan route.

Wearing that BFR with a loader cylinder and 5-spare rounds on the belt might call for a heavy duty pair of suspenders to hold up that heavy-duty gun belt.

Boolit Buddy
    Go to http://singleactions.proboards.com/ and search a fellow named whitworth,he is the guy with the bisley gripped BFR. I am sure he will answer any question you have.
    Why some people cant pass on simple information is beyond me.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by paul h View Post
    Jack does great work!

I'm shaking my head at the thought of torching off 52 gr of powder from a 6 3/4" tube, but I'd also be intrigued to see a picture of that event with minimal ambient lighting
    How about 52 grains of H110?

Boolit Mold
    (QUOTE) I am sure he will answer any question you have.
    Why some people cant pass on simple information is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

DMIZE what question was asked?
    Last edited by al bundy; 12-10-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Banned

WOW, instant BBQ but the flavor of burnt powder does not match Apple or Hickory.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    WOW, instant BBQ but the flavor of burnt powder does not match Apple or Hickory.
    LOL, my thoughts exactly

Banned

Want to see Whit's head?Attachment 124111 His is the gun I refused to shoot.

Banned

I like Marko, a good friend for a long time, good shot and hunter until JWP stuck his nose in and soured my friend. Just over a primer. Whitworth is Marko and we shot and hunted together. He wrote some great books under Max Prasac.
    You did not know that I know him, did you?
    (Go to http://singleactions.proboards.com/ and search a fellow named whitworth,he is the guy with the bisley gripped BFR. I am sure he will answer any question you have.
    Why some people cant pass on simple information is beyond me. )
    There are three people that gall me, John Parker, CraigC and John Taffin. They hate me and turned my friend against me.
    I would set up tests and the chrono, soaked paper to jugs, you name it but Marko was on the phone to JWP the whole time we shot. The owner of the single action site was here too. Nice kid, wanted me back after being booted when he seen what I could do. I refused.
    Yes I know lee Martin too. I was a go-fer.
    Don't tell me about simple information.

Boolit Master

I'd shoot it but with full-on loads, I sure wouldn't let that puppy roll. I sure wouldn't go out of my way to have a go with that hog-leg, but my ego wouldn't let me walk away either. Ole Max probably doesn't appreciate your humor Jim.

We posted at the same time - just let it go Jim, everything will come out ok, just give it a little time.

Banned

I'd shoot it but with full-on loads, I sure wouldn't let that puppy roll. I sure wouldn't go out of my way to have a go with that hog-leg, but my ego wouldn't let me walk away either. Ole Max probably doesn't appreciate your humor Jim.

We posted at the same time - just let it go Jim, everything will come out ok, just give it a little time.
    Many don't my friend but I was there. I seen that nasty hunk of iron in action. I shot all of Marko's guns without gloves but that beast needed a 300# vise. I kind of lost the stupid ability long ago.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dmize View Post
    Go to http://singleactions.proboards.com/ and search a fellow named whitworth,he is the guy with the bisley gripped BFR. I am sure he will answer any question you have.
    Why some people cant pass on simple information is beyond me.

It is not a BFR Whit's 50 Alaskan is built on a D-Max frame and is considerably lighter than a BFR. I sold this revolver to Whitworth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jwp475 View Post
    It is not a BFR Whit's 50 Alaskan is built on a D-Max frame and is considerably lighter than a BFR. I sold this revolver to Whitworth.
    That is true John, I don't know why we can't get along. I am open to forgive and a hand shake.
    I don't think CraigC is in that spot, accused me of poaching without reading the game laws where we can shoot two deer a day now without tagging until done.
    I am too old to continue this, it is up to you.

Banned

I want my friends back, even JWP. Talk to Marko for me. Things are not right, can we fix it?

Boolit Master
    I hope you can fix it 44man.
    We have had our arguments too.
    But, I want you to know I love you. Please forgive me for being unkind to you in times past.
    Have a great day.

Banned

Me too, I do not get angry very often and had a great deal of respect for JWP and you never lost respect or love. You are a good man.
    I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. I give a prayer for all of you and your families too. God bless you all.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    I am open to forgive and a hand shake. I don't think CraigC is in that spot, accused me of poaching without reading the game laws where we can shoot two deer a day now without tagging until done.
    I never accused you of poaching. If you're going to slander someone, be accurate about it.

You don't want peace. You wage war and then play the victim. In this thread, there was no reason whatsoever for you to mention me, JWP or Whit. There's no reason for you to mention me on this forum whatsoever.

Boolit Master
    1/2 moa slander?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
    I never accused you of poaching. If you're going to slander someone, be accurate about it.

You don't want peace. You wage war and then play the victim. In this thread, there was no reason whatsoever for you to mention me, JWP or Whit. There's no reason for you to mention me on this forum whatsoever.
    Your last post on 24 hour said you don't care if I am a poacher. I had to post the rules. Would you like me to post all of your PM's to me here?
    I warned you to watch what you say about me. You actually did say that you don't care if I poach. Who slanders who?
    I mention Whit and JWP because I still like them and hold nothing against them. You on the other hand go out of your way with hate. I offered you a hand many times but you won't have it.
    Maybe you should look inward. You reap what you sow.
    I don't remember posting anything that you did not dispute me on, then PM with vile remarks.
    But still, have a Merry Christmas. The Lord says "turn the other cheek."
    You have shown your true nature once again.
    I would like to have you over some good food and drinks as a friend. you mess your bed. You will never know how much we loved Whit and his wife and the pain of loss.
    I mention him with pride to having known him.
    Only others have used cuss words. In all these years Whit has never attacked me. He stands tall with you peons at the bottom trying to be important. You tail drag and nut swing. And think you know and have importance. You do not know Whit like I do and how great a shot he is even if I taught him a few things. What he does, does not rub off on you.
    I still out shot him but darn you better be able to hit a little water bottle off hand at 100 yards. Whit can do it but if you think you can by swinging, get a life. Swing on Taffin and tell me you are better. Ransom rest that can be beat all day from bags or Creedmore. Young guy shooting because Taffin ruined his wrists from the wrong holds. 25 yards when a big bore should be shot at 50 to start. How about a revolver at 500 meters (547 yards.)
    Craigc, are you still around? I have asked you to show many times. Don't give excuses that you don't need to show. Take your word for it. The important thing is always if you helped anyone else. These great people need help, where is yours?