Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Ultimate Cannelure Tool News

Ultimate Cannelure Tool News

I don't want to create a panic or a Post BlackFriday fistfight but thought I should post a quick note to say we will have one, maybe 2 UCT's available to ship in the next week or so and then it will be a bit before we have more. Other projects, family activities etc. that must be tended to. So if you have been thinking about one, now is the time. When inventory is gone I will keep a list of "pre-orders" and notify when we have tools available again so that we can work out payment/shipment details then. NO $$ collected/accepted until Production starts up again.

If you have not already seen them Details on ordering, reviews etc here
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Cannelure-Tool

Thanx
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Good morning Kevin,

I am sure glad I got mine a while back!! It is going to be very handy for some upcoming projects!!

Bob

Boolit Master

Merry Christmas to me! I'll take one. PM inbound.

THANX GUYS
    Nueces gets the last one immediately available.
    At this time Building a "WISH LIST" only. Feel free to contact me to get on the list. We will be building more soon just have a couple other projects etc to get out of the way first. Apologies if this causes any inconvenience but we are doing our best to be able to ship ASAP once you send funds. Pretty sure if you go through the comments and feedback on the UCT you will realize it will be worth the wait.
    Thanx for understanding
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread

Quick question, is there any chance of having one special built to fit a 45-70 cartridge/case? I am evidently not getting quite enough crimp on my reloads, but i don't want to change it up as my 1895 likes its load just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by readr1 View Post
    Quick question, is there any chance of having one special built to fit a 45-70 cartridge/case? I am evidently not getting quite enough crimp on my reloads, but i don't want to change it up as my 1895 likes its load just the way it is.
    Don't want to brag but Mike can build anything. One off that much larger might be impractical $$ wise though.

What is the OAL on the load in question?

Have you tried a LEE Factory Crimp Die?
    my feedback thread

Boolit Buddy
    +1 on the Lee factory crimp die. A heavily set roll crimp can actually compress the case longitudinally in the neck area and while the roll crimp will bite in the cannelure of the bullet, the case neck will slightly expand decreasing neck tension on the bullet. The Lee factory crimp will not only press the case mouth into the cannelure of the bullet, it will at the same time compress the neck radially into the bullet base and increase the neck tension on the bullet at the same time. The overall result can be up to 3x the tension of a roll crimp.

Roll Tide

ok I'll give it a shot, thanks for the advise.