PBcastcoWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i want to show you something

Banned

i want to show you something

Friend that can't follow directions or listen. .44 dies, rusty, primer punch broken and rod bent. Said he had a stuck case and beat heck out of it with a hammer and screwdriver.
    Guys, this is the expander die! No way to stick a case in the expander die.
    Had .223 dies too with the primer punch broken, Collete broken and screw bent. Seating punch missing and screw bent like a pretzel. Also rusted. I told him to buy new dies, can't fix them. I can make the .44 dies work.
    Some should NOT go near reloading, Yeah, Dave that can't hit a deer and blew his .41 Ruger to pieces. Attachment 123374

Boolit Buddy
    Hopefully this stopped him from 'completing' some reloads!

Boolit Master
    Just way some people are, imagine most of the stuff in his garage is the same way. And probably not the guy you want to loan anything to.

Reminds me of the guy who kept taking his rifles back to the local gun shop complaining they were no good. Turned out he was trying to load a 243 Winchester magnum by seriously overloading a 243 Winchester standard case, usually using really fast rifle powder. This took place well before there were any 243 magnum cartridges available.
    After the third rifle came back, they refused to sell him another one.

Boolit Master
    I had such high hopes for this thread. Sigh...

I remember when I was a sophmore in HS, this girl I really liked told me that...

Boolit Grand Master

I will one up and say that some people should not go near any tools period. Doesn't matter what they are for. Some people have zero mechanical skill and should realize this. My father is the prime example. Him "fixing" something just leads to a lot more work for me.

In Remembrance

Some people could tear up an anvil with a rubber mallet. My great nephew comes to mind.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

If you threw my son in law a screwdriver, he would stab himself in the hand.

Sounds like he was following the Lee Loader instructions using a steel mallet.....
    Say hello to Smith & Wesson and their 6 children all named .357 magnum.

Boolit Grand Master

I've known guys I wouldn't let near a light switch. Your friend sounds like one of them. Any chance you could talk him into taking up something else? Checkers maybe?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Amazing . . . he probably belongs to the "if it won't go, get a bigger hammer" club? I certainly can't pass judgement as he may be a very nice guy . . . but some guys . . . and gals . . . should never attempt things that require tools. I learned many years ago to never loan any of my tools to anyone . . . that was right after I loaned my good 48" brass bound wood level to a guy I knew who was doing some cement work and needed a level to put his forms in. When he returned it, I couldn't see the wood as it was covered with cement. When I got done chewing him a second one . . I never had to worry about him ever asking again.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    Friend that can't follow directions or listen. .44 dies, rusty, primer punch broken and rod bent. Said he had a stuck case and beat heck out of it with a hammer and screwdriver.
    Guys, this is the expander die! No way to stick a case in the expander die.
    Had .223 dies too with the primer punch broken, Collete broken and screw bent. Seating punch missing and screw bent like a pretzel. Also rusted. I told him to buy new dies, can't fix them. I can make the .44 dies work.
    Some should NOT go near reloading, Yeah, Dave that can't hit a deer and blew his .41 Ruger to pieces. Attachment 123374
    I'd bet the expander plug was rusted already when he decided to reload another batch and that caused it to stick. Like you said, your buddy should not be reloading.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

Seems to me ALL tooling should be kept away from him!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Moderator Emeritus

Obviously a member of the B.F.H. School of Engineering! I haven't done anything like that since I was 13!

In Remembrance
    Reloading your own ammo is an enjoyable undertaking. It usually results in ammo that is equal to or exceeds factory loadings. THAT BEING SAID, RELOADING ABSOLUTLY REQUIRES YOU TO FOLLOW CERTAIN RULES AND PROCEDURES. THE CONSEQUENCES OF NOT DOING SO ARE NOT VERY FORGIVING. IT CAN RESULT IN SEVERE INJURY OR DEATH TO SHOOTER AND BYSTANDERS.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post
    Some people could tear up an anvil with a rubber mallet. My great nephew comes to mind.
    Is his name Dave? Because that's the only guy I've ever met who meets that description...

Seriously, some folks are a danger to themselves with no more than a rolled up newspaper.

and I thought I was a primate with a club . . .

Boolit Master
    Took me a long time to get to the point where I didn't throw a major fit when some idiot would demolish a piece of tooling or equipment. Finally, after at least ten years, it finally sunk in that those are the people who keep people like me in business.
    Much of the work I've done over the last 35 years has been either fabricating parts that others couldn't or fixing other's screwed up attempts at fabricating or fixing parts.

I should say thanks to all who are mechanically inept.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master
    Bet you didn't teach him to cast.....

some people shouldn't own tools
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Master

Bigger Hammer mentality !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast