Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drought finally ending?

Boolit Grand Master

Drought finally ending?

Well I went to the Crossroads Gunshow at the OC County fair grounds and was pleasantly surprised to see a fairly good supply of Shotgun and pistol powders available. Green Dot, Red Dot, 700x, 800x, Titegroup, Lil gun, and Something else that I forget were available either in 8 or 4 pound containers, though usually not both. Bullseye, 2400, HP-38, Steel, 700x, 800x were available in 1 pounders. Western Powders continue to be conspicuous by their absence. Prices have fallen back to the 24.99/lb mark from 29.99. Hogdon, Winchester, IMR, and Alliant Rifle Powders were in good supply. Primers are 100.00 bucks/5,000 for common domestic brands.
    I bought a 4 pounder of Titegroup, 2 lbs of hp-38, and a pound of 2400. With tax it ran 186 dollars and change.

The one thing that has not changed is that 22 LR remains only available at scalpers prices. Lowest price I saw was a dime a piece for bulk pack Remington Thunderbolts. Most were more like 12 cents a piece,

How are things elsewhere?
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I found a bunch of powder and primers across the South East last week as the wife and I traveled.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Well I went to the Crossroads Gunshow at the OC County fair grounds and was pleasantly surprised to see a fairly good supply of Shotgun and pistol powders available. Green Dot, Red Dot, 700x, 800x, Titegroup, Lil gun, and Something else that I forget were available either in 8 or 4 pound containers, though usually not both. Bullseye, 2400, HP-38, Steel, 700x, 800x were available in 1 pounders. Western Powders continue to be conspicuous by their absence. Prices have fallen back to the 24.99/lb mark from 29.99. Hogdon, Winchester, IMR, and Alliant Rifle Powders were in good supply. Primers are 100.00 bucks/5,000 for common domestic brands.
    I bought a 4 pounder of Titegroup, 2 lbs of hp-38, and a pound of 2400. With tax it ran 186 dollars and change.

The one thing that has not changed is that 22 LR remains only available at scalpers prices. Lowest price I saw was a dime a piece for bulk pack Remington Thunderbolts. Most were more like 12 cents a piece,

I brought for the first time at Sportmans 3 boxes of CCI in 100 ct for 7.99 a box, last week, went in this morning a picked up a box of 500 of Federal for 27 buck, 1st in 2yrs. Sprink

Boolit Man
    Here in Southern Wisconsin at the walmart there is plenty of centerfire rifle and handgun ammo. I haven't seen a .22 in over 2 years, in fact they don't have the places in the display case for 22s anymore. I don't think the drought is ending here anytime soon.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

Here in southcenral Pa., supplies are now in a fairly good place availability-wise.

Primers are available in whatever quantity...prices are a bit higher than pre-panic and the cost fluctuates from gun store to gun store.
    Powders, at least for handguns are in decent supply, although they are spotty and some shops have little to none. I have been able to find 1 lb containers of most all powders except HP-38, W231 and Unique, if I search diligently enough.

I haven't seen those three powders in a long time...Unique, I have enough to get me buy for a while yet (3 lbs) and one pound of HP-38. I am out of W231

Rimfire ammunition is available fairly consistently at one of the larger LGS. Sometimes at good prices...around$7.99/box for 100 containers. Limits are slowly being raised as availability increases.

I feel better about the future of .22LR now than I have for some time. 22Mag is still in short supply and expensive when found.
    I am still in good shape supply-wise with both rimfires, so I haven't bought any recently.
    In fact, on Saturday my son ran about 400 Thunderbolts from a bulk pack through his H&K autoloading carbine. two misfires, but his new electronic sight made bouncing the 25yd 3-inch steel hanging plate ridiculously easy after getting it sighted in. Pretty good for a cold day...23F and no glove on his shooting hand.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post

Do you remember the vendor's name?

Thanks

Boolit Master

I thought I had died and went to heaven. Last week, I went into the local handloader's enabling shop and almost dropped dead. There were one pounders of Red Dot, Bullesye, Unique and 2400 for $22.99 per pound. There was an 8 pounder of Red Dot for $149.99.

It took two agonizing hours to decide what to buy with the $200 I had left in the "reptile" fund that my wife does not know about.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Do you remember the vendor's name?

Thanks
    I believe it was Miwall Corporation, but I'm not certain. There were two other dealers that had 1 lbrs but I'd already spent my powder money so I didn't look too closely.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I thought I had died and went to heaven. Last week, I went into the local handloader's enabling shop and almost dropped dead. There were one pounders of Red Dot, Bullesye, Unique and 2400 for $22.99 per pound. There was an 8 pounder of Red Dot for $149.99.

It took two agonizing hours to decide what to buy with the $200 I had left in the "reptile" fund that my wife does not know about.
    I think I would have to have bought the 8 pounder and I don't even have a load worked up for Red Dot yet!

Banned

I see pistol powders here for 124 in 8 pound jugs.
    and rifle is 179 for the same size.

I just bought 2 pounds of AA-1680 two weeks back for a reasonable price [24 a pound] and it was new stuff not old stock so it's coming along a tick.

Alliant's powders are coming in pretty well like clock-work but it's snatched up quickly.
    I see IMR stuff quite a bit but not so much hodgdons. [mostly they are both in 1 pounders]
    I even seen some win 748 in an 8 pound jug, and a few imr 30-31 jugs last visit.

since I use AA, and Alliant powders mostly, I just keep on looking sometimes I get lucky sometimes not.
    I'm encouraged enough to resist buying whatever I can get and focus on looking for what I want.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I can't say it's ending until my year-old backorder comes through.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Powder here is spotty but available. I've got a pretty good stash right now ( about 25# ) so I'm not too concerned. Primers here are $35 - 40 per thousand. Did I read that right in the orginal post, Primers $100 for 5,000? Cabela's has Remington 22's on hand. Thunderbolts @ 2.99 per box of 50 and Cyclones @3.99 per box
    " A politician is the lowest form of life on earth. A liberal Democrat is the lowest form of politician" George S Patton

The dead don't know they are dead. It only affects those around them.
    It's the same with stupid.

Boolit Master
    I went into a small Maryland shop last week in which the shelves were groaning under the weight of powders, primers, and .22s. While prices weren't back to pre-panic levels, they weren't much worse- certainly nowhere near the scalper prices of a year ago.

Boolit Mold
    The Gun Rack in Kernersville has had powder for the past few months everytime ive been there. Its a good sign for sure.

Boolit Buddy
    I was wondering what shop that You went to? Would it be Reloader's Bench?

22LR is in good supply here, especially if you like CCI. Don't know the prices as I haven't really shot it much since I started reloading.

Primers are somewhat back, as long as your not picky about brand or whether they are magnums or not.

Powders are worse than ever here. There isn't a pound of powder to be had anywhere near where I live. I saw 8 pound jugs of IMR4227 online and would like to try it, but as I have never used it before didn't want to start with a keg. I lucked into a keg of Win 540 (HS6) from a local guy. I hear its good stuff so between that and a partial keg of 700X I am set for awhile. Hopefully the powders come back to this area soon. Kinda frustrating to be so limited.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    If our national gun and component supplies are not what they used to be, and they ARE NOT, The DROUGHT is not finally ending.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by newrib View Post
    Here in Southern Wisconsin at the walmart there is plenty of centerfire rifle and handgun ammo. I haven't seen a .22 in over 2 years, in fact they don't have the places in the display case for 22s anymore. I don't think the drought is ending here anytime soon.
    In the past 2 months I have bought over 5k rounds of .22 from Cabelas,Dicks,Palmetto State Armory,Walmart. So it is available. Its so available at any PA gun show that it just sits on the tables!

Boolit Mold
    Here in Minnesota, rifle powder is available, but pistol powders are nearly non-existent. .22lr is very hard to find as well.

Pistol powders are becoming available at the Virginia gun shows. I've found them for around $30/lb up to $40/lb but the more expensive stuff hasn't sold as well. Found 2400 at BPS for $25/lb. Also I've seen 22lr at Gander Mountain for $30/500. It's getting better around here but gouging is still rampant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast