I have been patiently searching for a project gun since I completed my suppressor last summer. I was looking for a suitable Ruger MKII to shorten and thread the barrel and then cerakote at the same time I did my suppressor.

Well, I found one this weekend hidden away in the bottom showcase at a local gun shop. An even trade for a used shotgun I haven't shot in 15+ years and I walked out with it. I was happy with the even trade, and will have something I will use more (as long as I can get ammo!).

It has a lot of wear in the front of the barrel and lower front handgrip. I suspect a rancher kept it in his truck and packed it once in a while. Found rust under the grips, but nothing major. The internals, sludged and dirty, came out clean and pristine as did the barrel. Just ugly on the outside. I wonder how much he got in trade and how much more he would have gotten if he cleaned it. I guess thats how I got a good deal...

The sights threw me off. Someone got a hold of a Dremel and decided they wanted shiny sights instead. Thats OK, I was planning and having a sleek gun with a tiny red dot on the rear only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger MKII before 035.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	123350Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger MKII before 029.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	123351Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger MKII before 004.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	123352