Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: "Shars" Tube Micrometer Review

Boolit Master

"Shars" Tube Micrometer Review

I had asked if any one had any experience with this brand mic in this thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ere-It-Belongs

Based on nobody having any bad experience with the brand I ordered http://www.shars.com/products/view/1...ube_Micrometer , and have since received one.

I haven't actually "used" it but I have played with it enough to feel comfortable that for a mid-$20 measuring tool it isn't bad.

Overall feel is good, spindle is smooth through the full 1" range, no ratty spots at all anywhere along the range.

It has a different ratchet system, nothing wrong with it, just different.

I measured several case necks at 90° increments. The same spots came up with never more than .0001" variance. Closing the stem onto the anvil, using the ratchet, came to .0000" every time. With the long, skinny stem for the anvil I don't have a delicate enough touch to avoid closing firmly enough delfect the anvil and case an error. Using the ratchet makes that a non-issue.

Based on my observations I feel this mic is a good buy for the price and would recommend it. If I were needing such a mic for everyday use where accuracy was paramount I would buy one of the major brands but for occasional use when forming cases I think it will easily outlast me.
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for your review. I see a lot of Shars stuff on ebay. I will keep my eyes open for a good deal there.
    EDG