Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Kyle's Star air pressure system... quick review.

Boolit Master

Kyle's Star air pressure system... quick review.

I got to try mine out today, and I love it. First off, you will need a small 1/4" pipe if you do not use the regulator on your air compressor.

I am using LBT Commercial Blue Lube, very high temp made for clean lubing in a commercial operation. This cause me to have to continually increase the screw pressure on the lube or I would not get a full groove each time. I installed this unit and put teflon tape on each joint before connection. I found with the correct operating temperature that I only needed 25 psi to get good even lubrication.

The parts were made well, the part that fits on top of the Star sizer appears to be made out of aluminum. The O-ring that fits into the stock Star cap appears to do the job. I do get some air seepage from the hose clamp / rubber seal that closes the vent hole on the side of the sizer. I could not make it tight enough to stop any more air pressure. I am thinking about tapping the vent hole and installing a small cap screw and copper washer.

Over all, I am very happy with the device and it is far cheaper than the factory option.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sizer.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	123143

Boolit Master

What's the style and capacity of the compressor you're running with?
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master

Standard old 30 gallon compressor. I hate the noise fron an oil less unit. This really uses no air if well sealed.

Boolit Grand Master

For the bleed hole use a piece of flat rubber and hose clamp, will seal it completely. You won't need a compressor in the loading room, the unit will use so little air that one of those portable 5 gallon air tanks will do just fine. it needs no air volume, just the pressure. The only air that will be used will be to fill the hose.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

I do have the rubber patch and clamp installed. I am running 140 plus lube and it just flows better with between 25 and 27 psi. Get a little air bypass, but a tiny tanked compressor would be fine, but not willing to buy a new one for the project.

mattw,where can one buy this unit and the cost? Nothing like that available down here in AUS.
    sav300

Boolit Master
    sav300,

kyle623 is the member here who makes them. $40.00 (verify that with him) Here's a link to his vendor/sponsor listing (Redneck Machining)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...of-what-I-make
    Bob

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Standard old 30 gallon compressor. I hate the noise fron an oil less unit. This really uses no air if well sealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    For the bleed hole use a piece of flat rubber and hose clamp, will seal it completely. You won't need a compressor in the loading room, the unit will use so little air that one of those portable 5 gallon air tanks will do just fine. it needs no air volume, just the pressure. The only air that will be used will be to fill the hose.

Rick
    YES!!! Thank you! This is just what I wanted to hear. I will use my noisy and obnoxious pancake compressor to fill my repurposed freon tank with with air. This will work out great!
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

For 25 psi pressure you can use standard 2 liter soda bottle, they can hold easily more than 75 psi.

Hmm.. might be good idea to try to make one of those .. LOL