RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Bitten by the Black Friday Bug - LNL!!

Bitten by the Black Friday Bug - LNL!!

Well, I just couldn't pass up the deal on the Hornday LNL AP Progressive press last night!!! $379 with free shipping!!

I guess this means a lot more shooting in the coming year!!!

While I was at, I picked up a set of 45 acp Redding Pro Series dies off of Midway this morning for $75!!!

Sometimes the wants just get the better of me....oh well, it's only money...might as well live fat and happy!!
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

Boolit Master
    Enjoy the AP. It is a fine machine when tuned up.
    ph4570

Boolit Buddy
    I have one and love it. I followed the setup by Bill Morgan on you tube and I have never had a problem with it.

Boolit Master
    Congrats on getting your new AP L-N-L. I've had mine for over 10 years and never had any problems with it. Its a great press.

Dave

Boolit Master

i got bit too my wife got me this for Christmas http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat549388080
    i will tell her in a few days
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    i got bit too my wife got me this for Christmas http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat549388080
    i will tell her in a few days
    Haha..that's the only way to do it!!

I told my father in law about the press deal and he got one too!! Looks like I will be setting up 2 of these babies!! We actually went out after dinner this evening we each got a 100 rds in on the range. We are both excited about the increased amount of shooting we are going to be doing.

I was thinking Dillon XL650 but I just couldn't resist this kind of price, I am sure it will more than fill my reloading needs.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

Money is only good for what it can get you, and last I heard you still can't take it with you!

Congrats! You will really enjoy that press!
    Performance reloading equipment.
    www.Inlinefabrication.com

Boolit Master

The LNL is an awesome press! Great price and free shipping!
    Do you get free bullets with it too?
    Just like any other press, you have to tighten the screws and adjust a thingy here and there in the beginning.

I will be getting one for Birthday/Christmas! The LNL gives nothing up to Dillion 650, another fine AP press. They both are strong and built to last. But the caliber switching on the LNL is what won me over. But then If I was going for a AP press dedicated to a single caliber, it would be the Dillion 1050.

Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Buddy
    no need to respond, this is just a comment. i have had the LNL and it wouldn't even make a good boat anchor. my 650 was great but primes on the upstroke thus agitating my back surgery and shoulder problems. the 1050 as you noted, is the way to go. it is absolutely the king of the progressives. as for loading a single caliber, you are right. i have shooting buddies that simply buy another one when acquiring another caliber. my wallet isn't that fat. i hope all you LNL owners have nothing but success and fun w/em. mine was an abortion. NOTHING on it worked right. hope your experience is a lot different. the final straw was when i called about why it wouldn't feed .45acp cases and the hornady LNL expert told me " i don't know, i only load 9mm.". after of 5 weeks of daily frustration, and i have been stuffing cases since the 60s, and did it for a living for 6 years w/a 1050, i unbolted it and threw it in the nueces river. good luck w/yours and i hope you have nothing but fun w/em. but when you want the king, get a 1050.
    ROF....Retired Old Fart
    Lincoln freed the slaves, obama freed the terrorists
    the wishbone will never replace the backbone

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    The LNL is an awesome press! Great price and free shipping!
    Do you get free bullets with it too?
    Just like any other press, you have to tighten the screws and adjust a thingy here and there in the beginning.

I will be getting one for Birthday/Christmas! The LNL gives nothing up to Dillion 650, another fine AP press. They both are strong and built to last. But the caliber switching on the LNL is what won me over. But then If I was going for a AP press dedicated to a single caliber, it would be the Dillion 1050.

Jerry
    The free bullet deal goes until the end of the year so I will be submitting the form for those once I am able to remove the UPC.

I plan to research and follow the setup instructions to the letter, fully expecting there to be a learning curve and adjustments along the way. No unreal expectations here.

That will make for a pretty sweet gift!
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

Quote Originally Posted by sergeant69 View Post
    no need to respond, this is just a comment. i have had the LNL and it wouldn't even make a good boat anchor. my 650 was great but primes on the upstroke thus agitating my back surgery and shoulder problems. the 1050 as you noted, is the way to go. it is absolutely the king of the progressives. as for loading a single caliber, you are right. i have shooting buddies that simply buy another one when acquiring another caliber. my wallet isn't that fat. i hope all you LNL owners have nothing but success and fun w/em. mine was an abortion. NOTHING on it worked right. hope your experience is a lot different. the final straw was when i called about why it wouldn't feed .45acp cases and the hornady LNL expert told me " i don't know, i only load 9mm.". after of 5 weeks of daily frustration, and i have been stuffing cases since the 60s, and did it for a living for 6 years w/a 1050, i unbolted it and threw it in the nueces river. good luck w/yours and i hope you have nothing but fun w/em. but when you want the king, get a 1050.
    I suspect there can be lemons with anything. I can only hope for better fortunes. If you don't mind to share, how long ago did you purchase your faulty LNL?
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

Boolit Mold
    I think the newer ones are much better. I've got a 9k serial number one and it's got some issues that are easily solved with a bit of cash.

When I first got it, the drop tube for the CAPD was out of round and would not slide into the lower assembly. A fairly short call where I had to convince them I wasn't trying to scam them for a $5 tube was all it took to get that resolved.

The original ejection wire setup was the major flaw with the whole press. But that's been resolved in revisions newer then mine and Hornady offers a retrofit kit to use the new EZject setup. This, IMO should have been a free/recall replacement. The ejection wire was that bad. What annoys me most about this is having to replace shell holder plates to work with the EZject. #45 is absurdly overpriced. My #1 is now worthless.

Recently found out that the CAPD that came with the older presses doesn't support using the PTX sleeves. Another $50 to fix that.

The last problem I have is that the bushings work loose after 50 - 100 rounds. I have to wrap them in teflon tape and arrange my dies so that the powder measure cannot be removed without first removing the expander die. Not sure how I'm going to handle that when I start using the PTX. I've heard Hornady has resolved the bushing issue in newer stuff.

Anyway, that's about 8 years worth of gripes from a generally gripey person. When I bought it, the price was right and it's made a lot of ammo. I'd buy it again, especially at that price. That's maybe $30 more then I paid for mine back in 2005ish.