WidenersRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Rem 700 Carbine

Rem 700 Carbine

Yesterday I picked up a first year (1962) Remington 700 ADL Carbine in 30/06. I don't own an 06 so I may keep this a while and play with it.

Boolit Master

Good old Remingtons are hard to beat. The 30-06 is one of the most versatile calibers you will find. I think you should consider making a permanent place for it on your gun rack. As Col Townsend Whelen said "the 30-06 is always right". I have used one several times for game here and a couple of times on plains game in Africa. If you just show up with one they will think you are an expert rifleman!!
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Mine has had a pad added and been refinished.

Quote Originally Posted by excess650 View Post
    700 carbines were made for 2 years only. Mine is also an ADL, April production, 30-06. It had never had a scope mounted on it, but had a receiver sight, and poorly done extra coat of finish. The metal appeared perfect, so I bought it.

About 2 months back I was at a small, local gun show. I saw a Remington barrel on a table and was told it was taken off. Its a 20" 30-06, and I paid $25 for it.
    Was it just the ADL models that were made for two years as carbines ? My father has a 20 " BDL with the fancy flur de Lis checkering I know he bought it in the mid 60's he's killed many many deer with that gun and has always been a real shooter .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!