RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Christmas before Thanksgiving!!

Boolit Master

Christmas before Thanksgiving!!

Scored half a bucket at one of my normal spots, which is good in and of itself. But, the guy says "I had two boxes of lead weights sitting on the shelf still. We can't use them anymore, so I threw them on top of the bucket.".

Two 50 ct. boxes of 3oz wws.!! I know what I'm thankful for!

Boolit Master

That's awesome! One thanksgiving long long ago a guy gave My uncle an old military desk and and a huge olive green rolling tool box, still had stuff in it. I helped my uncle get it in his shop, there was 21 m1 carbine 30 round mags and a whole box of m1 grande en bloc clips. He gave them to me!!! It was great

Boolit Master

WOW both good scores!!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Grand Master

Nice score! A little here, a little there, it adds up.

Lol, I was just going to make a similar post. Went out pricing new shoes for the truck this morning and scored a bucket as well. HAPPY HOLLIDAYS!

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Master

I too scored almost half a bucket of good WWs the other day. Luck is with the turkey!!
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Boolit Master
    Years ago me, My handicapped brother and 2 more nephews rowed out to the Island Blind on Turkey day. The guys with blinds on the Lake when to the football game as it was a big rivalry for the 2 towns. We knowing the lake would be disserted and could have any blind. They had out 1100 plus decoys and it was all ours. Big snow storm and a large flock of Blue Bills burned over. Started calling like mad and they made a return up the lake and then burned over again, low. We knocked out 5 and I chased down all 5 with that row boat. No life jackets, 12 foot STEEL row boat, Brother can't swim and we weren't much better. But all was well. Balanced the boat with the load and watched the waves with 2 cans bailing any slop over the sides. Life "Can be Good". Probably 100 plus in that flock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2611 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	123354
    My early gift came on Thanksgiving day: an overflowing 6-gallon bucket of WWs. This is called "knowing who to invite for dinner;" my cousin works for a tire shop in the small, rural town I grew up in. Sorted it all yesterday. Filled that empty 5-gallon bucket to the top with COWWs, a 2-pound coffee can full of SOWWs, half a 1-gallon paint bucket of steel, a total of 8 zinc weights, and an inch or so of dirt, rust, valve stems, leaves and rocks in the bottom of the bucket. This is the 3rd or 4th bucket I've gotten from him in the past couple years and this is a pretty typical sort. I'm always particularly pleased with the minor amount of zinc weights they accumulate. He gets about a quarter of it back to make fishing sinkers after I've ingoted it up. A happy Thanksgiving indeed.

mike
    I saw this in a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off...