MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Bullseye Cast Loads

Boolit Master

here is a site that lists dozens of BE in reduced loads: http://www.gmdr.com/lever/lowveldata.htm

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    here is a site that lists dozens of BE in reduced loads: http://www.gmdr.com/lever/lowveldata.htm
    Excellent resource! I use many of the other powders listed, especially Red Dot, Green Dot, Unique, & 700X. I'll keep this handy, and appreciate you adding this to the thread.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master

In ALL of my .30 cals, my best plinking load is a 165 gr soft lead bullet, tumble lubed, over 7-8 grs. of Green Dot. When the green dot is gone, I am sure I can find a good replacement load with Red Dot or HP-38(listed in that load data as 231).

In ALL of my .30 cals, my best plinking load is a 165 gr soft lead bullet, tumble lubed, over 7-8 grs. of Green Dot. When the green dot is gone, I am sure I can find a good replacement load with Red Dot or HP-38(listed in that load data as 231).
    I bought a 4 pounder of Green Dot when there was no powder available left on the shelves a while back & it was the only thing available at the time to try for pistol loads. Cast loads in both 9mm & 45acp using it really impressed me having never used it before. I've planned on trying it out on rifle cartridges seeing a thread using it in place of Red Dot for "The Load" of 13 grains for a cast rifle load for several cartridges. Green Dot seems to be a nice underrated powder choice that is well worth having on hand.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

BTW another powder I was able to get when not much was available was "Promo" in an 8 lb. keg, didn't know much about it but found out it is very comparable to Red Dot in my loads, it has the same burn speed but is more dense, so same RD loads can be used by weight but not by volume.

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    my favorite bullseye load is 45acp 4.0gr under a 230 gr lrn bullet . ive used the same 4.0 gr with a 230 gr tc bullet and a 200 gr swc with good results too .

I use the 4.5 bullseye under a 230 lee rn and 5 gr under same bullet for a snappy 45auto load.Also use the H&G 200gr with 3.5 gr for a very accurate and mild load .and of course my absolute favorite 2,7gr under a 148gr lwc in the 38sp.I shoot that load more than any other and probably more than all the others combined.

Boolit Master

For 45LC, 6.3 gr of BE under 452-255-RF. One of the Lee dippers does this load perfectly, scoop it, shave off the top with the finger and dump in the case, easy, no weighing.

Moderator Emeritus

My tried and true Bullseye shooting recipe is 2.75 grains of Bullseye Powder behind a flush with case rim seated Hensley & Gibbs #50 148gr wadcutter in my Smith & Wesson Model 52. In addition to it being both a fairly accurate, and easy on pistol vis recoil/shock, one gets more than 2,500 rounds out of one pound of powder, making it quite the inexpensive choice.
    BEST!

Boolit Master
    Here's an interesting article about light loads in full sized cases. For all my 30 caliber rifles I'm shooting a 100 grain .312 boolit over 5-6 grains of bullseye which works well out to 50yds.
    http://www.leverguns.com/articles/pa...ll_charges.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie2002 View Post
    Here's an interesting article about light loads in full sized cases. For all my 30 caliber rifles I'm shooting a 100 grain .312 boolit over 5-6 grains of bullseye which works well out to 50yds.
    http://www.leverguns.com/articles/pa...ll_charges.htm
    This is a very interesting read, and reminds me of Paco Kelly that he refers to throughout this. I like many of his opinions on calibers and load descriptions.

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Buddy

Bullseye is great in any straight wall pistol case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12