MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Echo Model C press

Echo Model C press

A local pawn shop had this press on the shelf for over a year. I've been looking at it all along. I finally bought it. I don't need it which is why I never picked it up before. A friend is in need of reloading equipment. Suddenly, a need arose. I paid about $48 with sales tax. We don't have an income tax in Washington so I don't mind the 8% tax. It is an Echo Model C press with five original screw-on shell holders, 1,2,3,8 and 11. It also has the primer catch which is a must. The press is well built. I just had to share.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	echo c press.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	122774

Frosted Boolits

Cool press! Thanks for sharing and I am a sucker for old presses too!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Master
    ECHO at the time was and is a very good machine. Original shell holder are a little difficult to find but are around. The screw in type Herters adaptor will fit but your stroke will be shortened. if you need to load a different caliber you might try swapping out the Echo ram and using a universal with current shell holder.
    Either way It is a great Tool
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter View Post
    Cool press! Thanks for sharing and I am a sucker for old presses too!
    The press is stout. I also like some of the old style equipment. The designs can be very innovative for their time. I'm always impressed with the fact people didn't have computers to design with. They just used their hands, experience and intuition to build with.

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    ECHO at the time was and is a very good machine. Original shell holder are a little difficult to find but are around. The screw in type Herters adaptor will fit but your stroke will be shortened. if you need to load a different caliber you might try swapping out the Echo ram and using a universal with current shell holder.
    Either way It is a great Tool
    I checked into the ram dimensions before I bought the press. It appears I can buy a RCBS or CH4D ram for about $25. Which means I can have a good and complete press for about $75. I cannot complain about that.

Boolit Master
    You got a good machine and a real good deal with a whopping 5 shell holders. Those holders can be tough to find and run $20-25 a piece on eBay.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    I have had one for years. RCBS and Lyman shell holders and dies fit it no problem I just replaced with a newer RCBS but I think my Son will get the Echo up and running again shortly. Good score.

Got one in a storage box, I only have 3 shell holders though and 4-5 spanner wrenches. Good old heavy duty press. Everyone is right, the shell holders can be expensive but they are out there.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Buy the universal ram and sale your extras on E-bay= free press!!!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    Buy the universal ram and sale your extras on E-bay= free press!!!
    I've thought about doing just that. It's a great idea. The truth is I would be happy to trade the ram and shell holders for a universal ram and a case chamfer and deburring tool on this forum rather than deal with eBay. I may put it up on the Swappin' section some time later.

In Remembrance
    There was one at a gun show here a couple along with a half dozen or so shell holders. I probably went back and looked it over 4 or 5 times,literally had to talk myself out of it, because I absolutely didn't have any use for it. I just like old iron.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I have helped a few people get started in reloading and even had a guy want to pay me to teach him! I refused of course and explained it was a faternity and that he would be obligated to pass his knowledge on.

I try to buy good solid single stage presses when I find them at a good price. I have the fun of getting them back to square one and then when someone wants to get started reloading they have a nice old press to get started on!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I have helped a few people get started in reloading and even had a guy want to pay me to teach him! I refused of course and explained it was a faternity and that he would be obligated to pass his knowledge on.

I try to buy good solid single stage presses when I find them at a good price. I have the fun of getting them back to square one and then when someone wants to get started reloading they have a nice old press to get started on!
    I also Teach reloading , never Charged a dime even for materials. . You are 100% correct . It acts act as a common bond among people .
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Hi,

This is the reason I bought the press. It is a good starter. It's smooth, well built and it shows little wear.

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    I also Teach reloading , never Charged a dime even for materials. . You are 100% correct . It acts act as a common bond among people .
    I completely agree.

Nice find! Have you run across any of the Echo primer catchers by themselves?

Ed

I have one of those that was given to me with a modern ram. I have no need for it so will probably sell it

Boolit Grand Master

I just bought one on Ebay for $30. Looks like it was never used. It has a "C" stamped on the upper arm. It has the original ram and one shellholder screwed to it but it does not say what it is. I'm going to replace it with a different ram from my rcbs shellholders anyway. Only downside is that it does not have the handle.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum