Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange deer

In Remembrance

Strange deer

We have been visited by a small six point buck today that wants in the house and has no fear of humans or dogs. He has chased my daughter-in law aroun a tree and tried to mount anyone he can. He has eaten apples under my trees and lies in the flower beds to rest. The German Shepherds don't scare him inches away on the other side of the fence. It obviously was raised by someone and is now a danger to anyone. I just learned he has been at the neighbor's house and has been at a house several miles notheast. It's a shame to put it down but I have a number of grandkids visiting and I don't want them hurt. I would turn the dogs on him, but don't want to encourage deer chasing. The bleeding hearts on facebook don't want it hurt, but no one feels strongly enough to come get him.

Boolit Bub

Sounds like he needs to come up missing.

Boolit Master
    He must have wandered off.

Boolit Buddy
    sss is all it takes
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

In Remembrance
    Not sure why it would get on facebook, or any other way for a bleeding heart to ever know about it. This sounds like a nrrdy candidate for something I heard of called the three s's.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hiram1 View Post
    sss is all it takes
    That should be SBS, shoot, barbeque, shut up

In Remembrance

We have shared pics and comments on FB in hopes someone would claim him and come take it away.

My view is, if he tried to mount your family you should mount him...on the grill and wall.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DLCTEX View Post
    I would turn the dogs on him, but don't want to encourage deer chasing.
    Not to mention unbelievably cruel. Being chased to the point of collapse and then eaten by dogs is a horrendous way to die.
    Just shoot it.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Those 6 points and the lack of fear, plus actions he's already demonstrated make him a credible threat to you and your family. If you can, get some pics of his somewhat aggressive behavior, then defend your family. Then, get the freezer paper out.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Super Moderator

We had one like that not too long ago. You could grab his antlers and he would just push back, but not aggressive and not mounting people. Somehow he wound up getting into the Flagstaff mall and got injured and had to be euthanized. He was just a friendly Mule Deer buck.

Boolit Master
    Shoot the damn thing and eat it.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Smells like deer jerky to me.

Honestly I'm suprised he's still walking after trying to mount anyone. Around here that would get you shot waaaay quicker than messin with apples.
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Grand Master

This is where a bow and night come into play. I would have no problems using one of my tags on it. No one would be the wiser if it's done under the cover of darkness.

They don't have to be raised by peopls to act like this. Just living in a neighbor hood and becoming acustom to the way of life, people feeding it and such is all it takes. Call the game officer and tell him they will remove it. Don't forget it is rut season and some women atrack males at certain times. His way of life needs to change. You didn't say how many in your neighbor hood but it doesn't really matter. No one will come forward and claim it, it is a wild animal gone domesticated. Either you all remove it (quitely) or call the WO. (wildlife officer) Posting it on facebook only calls in the bleeding hearts, they have no idea what this animal is capable of doing, much less do they care.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Love Life
    Why must people post everything to facefail?

Kill it and eat it, or spray with a boatload of orange bear mace.

Moderator Emeritus

Deer have killed people during the rut so if it was in my yard it would get nicknamed freezer because that is where it would be living...

In Remembrance

Wildlife won't deal with it, but if I shoot it after dark or fail to use my buck tag on the small deer, he will write me a ticket.

I knew a woman who raised a fawn one spring. After a year it started getting independent but it would come back from time to time.

Then one day a few years later the deer shows up carrying 6 points, it was eating in her garden. She tried to shoo it away with a broom and it charged, put tines into her chest. She made it to the phone, called for help but was dead by the time an ambulance showed up.

I have to admit given that your problem deer was most likely raised by a human someplace I would probably have a problem killing it. At least I give it a dusting of 71/2 shot from 60 yards to encourage it to go elsewhere. If that doesn't get the message across then yes, end it.

It is sad, but when animals lose their fear of man they can become very very dangerous.

Boolit Grand Master

A young buck with no fear of humans could indeed be dangerous. If the game folks decline to dispose of it then it's a matter of defending your family and neighbors. I doubt a court will see it that way, I'm sure bunnyhuggers think it would be nice to have a young, agreesive buck hanging around. Can't help you on the tag situation. I suspect it would be best if it didn't wind up in your freezer.
    I can tell you on good authority that no one hears a single shot in the wee hours of the morning, bow might be better if it goes down very quickly.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast