Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Monday on saturday.

In Remembrance

Monday on saturday.

Well today was great, getting old sucks, and I am not hardly there yet. lol

I guess I started out sleeping through the alarm today, anyway I woke up 1 1/2 hours late. Something I have never done. I jumped through the ring and fixed a pot of coffee to fill my to go cup and fill my thermos and get out the door just in time to go to work. I wasn't running late, but not getting my morning coffee and an hour of quiet time is something that doesn't happen. lol
    2 1/2 hours later I pull up to the pullout where I always chain up and the cable is across the road, so the loggers must have slept in, so I dig out the sat phone and give the boss a call and ask where he is at. He is in town getting a hydraulic hose made, and ask where I am. Then ask me if I want a load, I'm like why else whould I be here. So he tells me, as soon as he gets his parts he is headed out, and will get me a load, if I want to wait. lol I sat there thinking, by the time he gets here, the hydraulic hose on the equipment warmed up and my truck loaded, there is no way I can get back to the mill in time to get unloaded, and I would have to leave the truck outside, so I think why in the $%^&# didn't he call me and tell me he is broke down. After a while it dawned on me and I looked at my phone to check. It's friggin saturday, and they don't load on saturday. lol
    Missed my coffee for nuttin. lol

Perma-Banned

Well, there ya go...had similar experiences...

Boolit Master

Man you have got to slow down, life is way to short to be in a hurry!
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

In Remembrance
    If I get any slower, I will be backing up. lol

I did get to see a big owl come thrashing out of the alders into the road with a fresh killed grouse. lol It took off and left it in the road, but I came back through in less than an hour, and it was gone. lol

Also got to see a pretty skittish cow moose this morning, and met several pickup with wheelers and snowmachines going in. I am assuming the winter cow season has started.
    All the pickups had to back up to let me through, 2 of them about a 1/4 of a mile before I could get by. One poor guy had a had a snowmachine trailer on and didn't have the backing up thing down at all. lol
    Last edited by starmac; 11-22-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Boolit Master

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I chuckled at your faux pas!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

I used to trick my boys on saturday mornings. Run in anf tell them they over slept and I'll have to take them to school. They finally caught on. New jobs have away of causing mind games.LOL
    Hey you probably made points with the boss!!!
    Cd
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

In Remembrance

Yep! Getting old is for the birds. Ask me how I know.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master
    I know the feeling, I got up and rush like crazy to get to work on time once,.........it was a holiday, had the day off. It was several years before the guys at work stopped raggin me about that one.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master

Now who else has driven part of the way or all the way to there previous job?

Moderator Emeritus

My last job was 10 days on 4 off(if I was lucky and they didn't call me in to fix something they couldn't) so I just slept my work schedule all the time. I was working 4-mids so it was in bed around 6am and up at 2pm. Sure the neighbors thought I was nuts working on stuff in the middle of the night but that was my schedule. Still kind of sleep that schedule, that job messed up my sleep pattern

I work a rotating swing shift. What is this sleep pattern thing you talk about?

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Grand Master

At least you had some interesting scenery to go with your morning coffee. Not a total loss.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance
    Not a loss at all, but since I wasn't getting paid, it would have been a lot more fun to have done it while freezing on a 4 wheeler or snow machine. lol

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I work so many 7 day weeks that it isn't uncommon for me not to have any idea what day it is. At times I'm not sure of the month either.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter93 View Post
    I work so many 7 day weeks that it isn't uncommon for me not to have any idea what day it is. At times I'm not sure of the month either.
    same thing here. When I do work regular weeks I hate a week that has 3 Mondays in it. the week never seems to end
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Buddy
    Only one thing worth worrying your head about when you are a logger, and that's gittin them logs. (You know, fell em, limb em, buck em, yard, stack, haul. Hey, when do I get paid? Who are these guys in the green suits? How do I fix this greasy machinery?)

Every day is a picnic in the woods.

In Remembrance
    LOL I know you are right, but the only worries I have of that list is hauling and the biggest one when do I get paid. lol Which reminds me, I should probably ask that question before too long. lol

Banned

I drove to work on a Saturday by mistake once. I clued in when I caught the third light coming into town and looked around wondering why the traffic was so light. The one thing that would have tipped me off was the uniform count in my closet, but I had an extra due to a holiday the previous week.

Gear

Banned
    That is why I have a watch with a day and date on it and don't think I haven't used it.