Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HEY!! I am getting like a kid again!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    My "shop" is 12x16 foot, it has the riding lawn mower in it, the snow blower, the Traeger smoker, rolling tool box, radial arm saw, shelves, a work table that is usually buried... ohh and materials stacked in whatever spot I can find that has room... I need a new workshop!
    My loading/casting room is a small extra bedroom. With two big workbenches, two shelving units and a couple of bookcases it gets a little crowded. First step for any work session in there is often a clean-up so I can get some work done. Heat cycling some new moulds today and doing a little cleanup in there as well. Funny how big a mess I can make building a simple knife. By the time the heat cycles are complete I should have enough room to use them, LOL.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

My problem is that I spend too much time thinking about the Hereafter. I walk into a room and think, "What am I here after?"
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesisenforcer View Post
    You guys actually find things when looking for them?

Got one up on me.
    I ALWAYS find things I'm looking for. Usually, shortly after I have bought a replacement.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Took me over 70 years but I finally got organized and got it all together.

Now If I could only remember where I put it?
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Moderator Emeritus

Second Childhood is great....play hide-n-seek all the time for tools.....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy

Yeah he was but he puts my tools back when he is done now

Boolit Man
    Why are all you guy's worried about finding your tools ? By the time you get to them you forget why it was needed. John

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    The search is half the fun. You keep finding things you forgot you had.

I had a son who would leave my tools and stuff laying out in the yard or wherever he was when he used it. He is now much more organized than I ever was but I got my revenge twice over; he gave me two grand children, now it is his turn. And I hereby apologize to my father for when I was a boy.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

I am in the process of moving and some stuff I remember having but haven't seen in the move yet, boxes should be see through
    I can't wait for my second childhood just hope I have the get up and go I did in the first
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

In Remembrance

I grew up in a tractor dealership. Dad was forever asking my brothers and I if we put tools back in the tool box. We always said we did because we privately called the shop floor "the big toolbox".

Perma-Banned

I think we have all been there. I cleaned my shop up once and found 15 razor knives.

Moderator Emeritus

Next spring I need to hire 2 young kids, totally empty the shop toss the junk that I should have trashed years ago then insulate and drywall so I can use it better in winter. I need to find a cheap cargo container to hold the mower, snowblower, garden tools etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12