Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: kill with the beowulf

Banned

kill with the beowulf

shot an 8 pointer that weighted about 150 with my beo. First thing ive killed with it. The wife killed a asian water buffalo that went about 1500 lbs with it using punch bullets but i had never hunted with it. I was using renieer 300 grain hps. Shot the deer in the shoulder (only shot i could get through the brush) at about 50 yards. That hp broke the shoulder and exited right behind the oposite shoulder but the bullet came unglued. It was a mess. Both shoulder shot to heck and the whole rib cage on the oposite side was a black mess. Found little chunks of jacket everwhere. If theres a next time it wont be with the hp but was thinking about how devistating it would be in a self defense situation.

Banned
    Congrats on the kill. I would hate to get shot with it. Sounds nasty very nasty. Sounds like a good self defense round.

Loyd you know that fifty is screaming out for cast boolits.

Banned

Shoot them in the lungs. You don't get the damaged meat like the other shot do.

Banned

no doubt would have reduced it but it was the only shot i had through the trees. Id guess by looking even a lung shot would destroy substaintial meat with that bullet. Cast just doesnt do near as a well for accuracy out of my gun. Actually the best shooting bullet is the reineer solid flat nose. that bullet shoots under an inch at a 100 yards in my ar. Its probably what ill stick to for now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Shoot them in the lungs. You don't get the damaged meat like the other shot do.

Boolit Master

Deer got hit with a Mack Truck. Congrads on the deer, sorry for the loss of meat. When I shot jacketed I was always a hollowpoint guy for hunting, then switched to soft points to save doing what you did.
    Every shot you get in life counts

Boolit Master
    forgive my ignorance but what is this cartridge all about? I see its name but very little talk about it. Congrats on the harvest!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Banned

They are a good car stopper with the solid brass spire point. They will destroy any motor and stop a car/truck or whatever. They are a mini 50 bmg in a standard AR platform. Thats what they are about

Banned

actually very similar in power to a 4570 or 444 see a lot of those used for deer hunting so why not the beo. Granted I wouldn't use a hp anymore but maybe again with the renieer flat point solid.

I'm using a 325 TC boolits to hunt whitetails and pigs with. It really does the trick and doesn't tear up the meat. I tried John Ross's Alley Sweeper last year, but it was like a hand-grenade going off inside of whatever you shot with it.

I'm using a 325 TC boolits to hunt whitetails and pigs with. It really does the trick and doesn't tear up the meat. I tried John Ross's Alley Sweeper last year, but it was like a hand-grenade going off inside of whatever you shot with it.

Boolit Master
    must you buy the brass or make it from something else?
    Look twice, shoot once.

Yup, you gotta buy it. It's a little pricey, but seems to be holding up well. I'm on 3 or 4 reloads with mine.

Banned

ya my gun actually shoots that bullet better the hp and its probably what ill stick to from now on
    Quote Originally Posted by bbailey7821 View Post