Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: First run of Mehec-mold born HP 10mm bullets...

Boolit Buddy

First run of Mehec-mold born HP 10mm bullets...

And I have to say, that i love them!

After having my brandy new mold sit on the shelf in the shop for months, the cold weather got me thinking about casting up some bullets. I cast up som 30-30 pills for plinking loads, and also some of the shallow HP and full profile bullets from the Mihec.

Originally, i though that i would default to the deeper HP bullets, at about 180. After making some of each from straight WW, i put them to the scale. The FP bullets were 205/207 gr, the shallow HP were 197-200 gr, with many right at 199 gr- just like the XTP's i love. The deeper HP were 192-195, but honestly i dd not make up many of those, 15-20 or so.

After a light lube, resize and a tumble in alox ( I'm sure its not the ideal way to lube these bullets, but its what i am using right now. I DO welcome suggestions) I set them out to dry overnight.

Starting with 6 gr unique, they functioned and fed well in my Glock 20 with LW barrel, no hiccups at all.

I stepped up a few times and ended up at 7.5 gr of unique, with an averge velocity of 1150. not too shabby!

And they are accurate, and fun to shoot. I shot up 30-40 in testing loads, and had a slight leading at the muzzle end of the barrel, wiped right out, but i have increased the lube a little bit.

So, this winter one of my reloading goals is to load up all my designated "practice/training/GP/SHTF stash" 10mm brass with these bullets, plus have at least 500 ready to go at all times.

I am very curious to see how they do at longer distances.

How are you all making out with yours?

Boolit Master

I use the same mold for 40S&W, if fact I have the 3 molds made in diff weights.
    How many have I cast and loaded, well lets just say I can shoot for a good bit. LOL
    Congrats on you casting.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy

its NOt often i find something that does exactly what i want it to, unless i make it myself, this mold is one of those things .

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a great boolit , I wonder how it got past me ? I have most of the .40-10 mm Mihec s. I do run a Black hawk , and a LAR Grizzly in 10 mm / 10 mm mag . I also run a Beretta 92 that I convert to .40 S&W and extra barrel in 357 SIG .

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar
    Pictures!
    I'm not sure where all the money is that I've "saved" by casting and reloading!

Boolit Master
    I have both molds in the various weights they are fantastic in my 10!
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master

I am sorting some now for the 10mm. I had 2 shallow pins in, a deep, and a flat. I plan to Hi-Tek coat most of them, and maybe powdercoat some.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelDuke View Post
    I am sorting some now for the 10mm. I had 2 shallow pins in, a deep, and a flat. I plan to Hi-Tek coat most of them, and maybe powdercoat some.
    I'm still looking into this process, just learned about it here.

Boolit Buddy

Outside the shop i set up a 12" gong at 50 yards. These rounds seem to be quite acurate- though they swing the plate enough to where after two hits its much harder to hit, at least for now. No issues yet, but looking at newr 200 gr 10mm data, this might be a shade hot for unique. my older load data says it not quite max. and bullets do vary, this has a shorter bearing surface.

Gotta make a few thousand more.