WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Buffalo and SNOW

In Remembrance

Buffalo and SNOW

From what I heard about the Buffalo area on the radio, I hope you guys are holed up and got a good fire banked up. Sure makes me glad I'm in Alaska. lol

Boolit Master
    That snow is the weirdest thing you ever heard of. I live about half an hour from Buffalo and my yard has green grass showing through. I've got about less than an inch anywhere. I can drive fifteen minutes from home and there's over a foot on the ground. Another fifteen minutes and there's about six or seven feet of it on the ground. It's coming off the lake in a VERY narrow band and dumping on one thin slice of the Buffalo area. They've gotten an entire years worth on snow in three days and it's still snowing!

It was like that last time I was through there, closed the roads just as I passed through town. I was lucky to make it out of town.

Boolit Master

Last time I was there it was early spring just enough snow and ice to make Niagara Falls look beautiful and went to the Anchor Bar for wings. Nice area but way too much snow for me ! FB

Like Buffalo never gets much snow.... Or Rochester either. I lived NW of Syracuse for several years, in Phoenix, NY, and worked all over Central, Western and Northern NYS. Ain't gotta tell me about their snow! Bah, they can have it.

Boolit Master

decades ago I worked in Rochester Ny snow in the winter is to be expected, I remember one time a bridge I needed to look at in Wyoming county I had to follow the snow plow in to the bridge and they even plowed a spot for me to get off the road and tell them how long I needed so they would be back to plow the road so I could get back to Rochester. Yep they can enjoy that all they want.

where i am now we have 7-8 inches and this weekend we are to warm up so it can rain and wash all this stuff away. Would be nice if they realized if you put your plow down on the road you get more removed. Followed two when we started getting this stuff and they had their plows up as high as they could get them driving through the slush that cars were having a tough time making it through. Wished I had someone with me that could have videoed it as it would be interesting to see the response to that. Oh well the weather is what it is and we are not going to change it.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master

Winter is here it seems. Ohio is supposed to warm up enough to get a real cold rain by Sunday. We really have not had the horrible winters I remember as a a kid in the late 1970s. We have nothing on New York in the snow department though you guys do get hammered up there. FB

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Snow....... big deal. At least we don't have wildfires, tornados, earthquakes, volcanoes or Al Sharpton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

Huh? I thought the reverend al tax cheat sharp tom was based out of new York.

Common misperception is that NYC and NY state have something in common. He's from the other end. Upstate NY is pretty darn conservative. He's a sewer rat and right where he feels at home.
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master

Sewer rats would run him out of the sewer, they got standards!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Just razzin you fatnhappy. Sorry you are stuck with the black hole of NYC.

In Remembrance
    The radio while ago said they were expecting as much as 3 more feet in the next day or so. Sooo glad I'm in Alaska, we do have earthquakes, but it's nice to shake things up a bit once in a while. lol The wildfires makes for some good moose habitat too. I don't really know of any good that comes out of the volcanoes, but I would rather have them than that Sharpton disaster. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Just razzin you fatnhappy. Sorry you are stuck with the black hole of NYC.
    Understood, thank you.

Boolit Buddy

Lived in Batavia for 22 years had a few snowy times over the years... Of course I worked out of state so I did miss some of the winter white stuff... fatandhappy is right about the the difference, there is New York and then there is the RAT HOLE of NYC,, use to frost me that .0275 cents of the .08 or so cents I paid in sales tax went to the RAT HOLE
    Viet Nam 11/66 to 3/68