Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what case can be used to make .32 Remington?

In Remembrance
    I can tell you my M14 is picky on oal. Just a hair too long and it will go from one of the slickest actions you have ever seen to hung up like a big dog. Mine is carbine length with a 2 3/4 redfield with the post reticle and a real sweet, fast handling package, especially for a lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    starmac is right. Also they didn't want to have to pay royalty fees on the name or deal with placing another competitor's name on their rifles.

32 Rem is a 32 Winchester special without the Rim, the 30-30 is a 30 Rem with a rim Now on the 35 Remington...I don't know if there was a rimmed equivalent to that chambering.

Bruce
    Bruce,

The 35 Rem is a rimless 30-40 Krag that's been cut down and blown out. I'm not aware of a rimmed equivalent.

Not much help,
    Uber7mm

Bambi: The great American hunting story as told through the eyes of the antagonist.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I read the wives tail about the 30-30/32 Win and 30/32 Rem.
    Below you will find that the Remingtons are really more like AIs with Weatherby shoulders .
    30-30 ,32 Rem ,7x6.8Rem assorted projectiles.
    Attachment 122844
    turning the rims isn't a big deal, the cases must be trimmed however as they are just a little shorter than 30-30.
    I got 2180 fps with a plain based 323-175 R2 and about 2 gr under starting for imr 4350 with the 175 gr jacketed in 32 Win ,faster by the way than the max load in the 32 Win also .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

In Remembrance
    Not sure what wives tail you are referring to, but at least one of my old manuals, just says to use 30/30 data to load the 30 rem. All of mymanuals that have the 30 rem listed gives basically the same loads as 30/30, with maybe a grain different sometimes.

I read everything I could get on the 32 which all said "it is a rimless 32 Win special " , it is close like a 7mm Rem and Weatherby. The difference is very plain in the picture above. Kind of an AI with a Weatherby shoulder only neither were around in 1907. The myth of course is the identical part ,the dies will work but aren't right. Just live experience with a 1935 model 14 .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

In Remembrance
    Never heard they were identical cases as a mith or anyother way. I always heard they were pretty much ballistic twins. The 30 and 30/30 pretty much is, I don't have a 32, so have not compared them, but suspect they are. The neck is plainly different between the 30 and 30/30, but the old lee loaders list the same one for both calibers. I have one that has both calibers on it, but never tried it.

I aquired the Lee loader for the 32 also it is marked for both also. The standard press dies not so much .

When making brass for the 32 it should be noted that I had to make a false shoulder to form the brass correctly . In the cases that I didn't 1 grew almost. 05 past the chamber. Hine my discovery of the difference in length.

Ben Amonti at Aliant was very helpful with load data although the data he provided came from and older Lyman book. My Speer #7 says under 32 WS this data may be used for 32 Rem as is. I think the Rem has a slight case capacity edge over the Winchester. I doubt that it is much but it appears to be there.

I wonder if they had used the 35 case for all 4 if they would still be with us ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    I wonder if they had used the 35 case for all 4 if they would still be with us ?
    Hindsight is 20/20, but it would be about like having the 257 Roberts and 308 decades before there time plus a 32 in between the 32 Special and 8x57. It would have been a great decision.

Imagine no 250 or 300 Savage. .....

Boolit Grand Master

I wonder if they had used the 35 case for all 4 if they would still be with us ?-Harter66

Pretty sure it would have been a game-changer but it's hard to say. Quite possibly the 30 would be but OTOH the 35 Rem doesn't do as well in today's market as I think it should. So many wonderful cartridges lost due to the fickle retail market.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    The 6.8 case has the sized head but the case is too short. 30 Rem and 32 Rem are like the 30/30 and the 32 Win Spc. and one can be made from the other. As the owner of a Model 14 30 Rem I hate to see the brass used for anything else but It is the easiest way to make 32 Rem brass.

Boolit Master

I too own a Remington slide action (Model 141) in 30 Remington. Fortunately it came with 10 boxes of factory ammo and about 200 unfired cases. It's a great rifle for plinking and cast boolit shooting and my loads for it are virtually the same as my loads for the 30/30 Winchester. They are virtually ballistic twins.

If I ever find a 32 Remington in good shape I'll bring it home ricky tick. It would make a fine companion to my Model 64 in 32 Winchester Special and I'm quite sure that I could use all my 32 WS data for the 32 Remington.

I use a Redding bushing neck sizing die for loading both the 30/30 and 30 Remington as well as the 32 Winchester Special. The interchangeable bushings allow for the use of the same die body. As for case forming to 32 Remington, I am fortunately in tall cotton with all the 30 Remington brass that I'll ever need.
    Last edited by Scharfschuetze; 11-28-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master

I killed my first buck with a 32 Remington... borrowed from a neighbor. What a sweet shooting
    gun...He had boxes of ammo stacked up in his gun cabinet 10 high. I was susposed to get it when
    he passed, but it never happened. I loved that gun.
    Denny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12