WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Custom Lead Ingot Molds

Custom Lead Ingot Molds

Hello all,

I am looking for someone who makes custom lead ingot molds. I have scoured the internet and haven't been able to find anyone. If anyone has any ideas on someone please let me know. Thanks.
    John

Might want to read this thread (more current information at the end) http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...its-Ingot-Mold

Do not know if the fellow that made them still does but there was activity on the thread in Aug. of this year. Also look for keywords to search for. E.G Might try searching for greensand custom molds. Greensand is a material/method used to make molds.

Boolit Buddy
    The end of the cattle drive in "The Cowboys"
    I think the last poster in the above link makes or at one time made custom ingot molds (D Crockett) might PM him and see if he still makes them. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks, I could make some up, but it will be mid December before I have time.

All you need is someone with a welder. Scrap yard cut channel, weld, done.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    All you need is someone with a welder. Scrap yard cut channel, weld, done.
    I think the person may have wanted something a bit more personalized. For example the molds in that link I posted have the castboolits logo in them, and there was also one that came out with "Redneck Gold" stamped on it. There have been some with abbreviations for the different types of lead cast into them "Pb", "WW", "Ln" etc. for plain, coww, and lino. One could just mark the abbreviation for the type of lead used to make the ingot.

For Git-R-Done either channel or angle iron can be welded into pretty serviceable ingot molds. At a very low cost to produce. Something fancy with a logo or decorations you are probably going to need someone that can do a sand cast mold or machine a mold from metal stock.

Thank you all for your responses. Still looking for someone to help.

You are right. I should have been a bit more descriptive in what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something similiar to the cast boolits molds made a few years ago. Looks like they were probably done on a CNC machine.

Thanks again all.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by elwood4884 View Post
    Thank you all for your responses. Still looking for someone to help.

You are right. I should have been a bit more descriptive in what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something similiar to the cast boolits molds made a few years ago. Looks like they were probably done on a CNC machine.

Thanks again all.
    There was a group buy and I think those might have been machined but I'm pretty sure the ones in the link I posted were sand cast with the castboolit logo. Someplace in that thread there was some discussion on the process used.

Looks like sdcitizen is posted that he will make some for you if you can wait a few weeks for them to be done. Be interested to know what he would charge or if he is offering to make plain welded steel molds or cast something a bit fancier.

I think he is just looking at plain welded. Believe it or not this has been had to find. All of the folks I have seen online are looking at graphite molds which wouldn't work
    John

SOunds like a little cottage business for guy with a welder.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol