RepackboxWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Star Machine Works

Banned

Star Machine Works

I got this by email yesterday. Some of you may know Bruce, I met him in my quest to find a Star in 45 ACP. Good guy to work with.

Just passing this on for your info.
    Ken

Star Machine Works
    PO Box 455
    Bloomsbury, New Jersey 08804
    StarMachineWorks@ptd.net
    (908) 750-6312

November 16, 2014

Dear Star Enthusiast:
    I am pleased to announce that Star Machine Works is under new management. I have completed the purchase Star Machine Works from Bill Cunningham and everything, parts, jigs, fixtures etc. have been moved east to New Jersey. We have nearly completed the process of unpacking and organizing the tons (literally) of “New Old Stock” parts and look forward to serving fellow Star enthusiasts for years to come.
    My goal is to provide all of the parts needed to keep these fine machines operating. As mentioned above, I have tons of original Star parts in inventory. Unfortunately, some parts are sold out, so I will be working to replenish stocks of those parts as quickly as possible.
    I currently have no plans to produce “New” Star Universals or Progressives, but I will continue to rebuild/refurbish/refinish Star reloaders into like new condition. The many original Star jigs and fixtures I have acquired will enhance my efforts in this area. I generally have fully rebuilt Star Progressives, and Star Universals in a variety of calibers available for purchase.

Sincerely,
    R. Bruce Williams
    Aka “rbwillnj” on the Star Reloaders Forum

Boolit Master

Great news thanks for sharing

gmsharps

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsharps View Post
    Great news thanks for sharing

gmsharps
    +1 to that ^^

From my limited dealings with him, Bruce seems like a really good guy and he definitely has a passion for Star reloading products. Although he won't be immediately making whole new presses, there are enough Stars out there that need a few parts or complete overhaul that he should be able to stay busy for quite a while, and as things progress, who knows? Maybe we will see some new presses in the future. Stranger things have happened!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Love Life
    Thank you for the information. I called and had a good conversation. The price seems right to me for all you get and I hope to have a rebuilt Star Universal soon. I've been wanting a dedicated 45 ACP press.

Boolit Buddy

I also got the introduction letter.. Bruce is great to deal with... bought a re-built Star Sizer from him last year.. Sizer was finished like it was a new piece of equipment.. Going to order a couple items for my 4 Star Loaders now.
    Viet Nam 11/66 to 3/68

Frosted Boolits

Yep, Bruce is top notch for sure! Refurbished one of my Stars and did a fabulous job. I also was glad when I revieved that email. I am hoping that Bruce will pick up production again on these machines when he gets settled in. I'd be game for AT LEAST one.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post2301116
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Love Life
    Bruce is who I talked to. I load a boatload of 45 acp with 230 gr ball, want a retro-reloader, and this seems to be the way to go. Just feed it Bullseye and Boolits and crank the handle! it even has a case feeder!

Frosted Boolits

Yep, I have one set up for 45 acp and one for 38 spl. Both have case feeders and they are FAST! You are gonna love your Star when you get it. Bruce will give you info on where to buy the plastic tubes for the brass. I prefill 4 of them and go to town.

The Star has only one big qwerk which I don't like. It drops powder everytime you pull the handle. So, be sure to have a handful of cases that are sized, primed, and flared handy. Just in case you have a misfeed with the case feeder (which RARELY happens) or didn't realize you ran out of cases in the feed tube, you can slide that prepped case in the empty spot as it comes around to the powder drop station.

I am sure Bruce will give you literature explaining the ins and outs of these fine machines. I also have a few videos up on youtube. They aren't that great but do highlight some features of the press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lm91m26e7w

Good luck and enjoy!
    Last edited by IllinoisCoyoteHunter; 11-19-2014 at 01:09 AM.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Buddy
    He must have had a large mailing list.
    As was said above my Star came from him looking brand new, and even had a copy of the manual. I was very impressed.

Bob

Boolit Bub

I'll pile in here and mention that I have a Universal that Bruce rebuilt/restored and it's fantastic. The Star machines are works of industrial art that function well, even after 50 yrs of operation. Two of mine had been owned by police departments prior to my ownership and though they've seen heavy use, they still function perfectly.

I wish the best to Bruce. He's a gentleman and a craftsman.

Boolit Master
    I know this thread is pretty old but just wanted to bring it forward again.

I inherited an original Progressive Press, Universal Press, and a resizer and Bruce was a huge help in my restoration project of the presses by having the replacement parts I needed as well as helping me identify the rough age of the units.

Highly recommend any Star Enthusiast who hasn't reached out to him yet do so. You will surely enjoy the conversation.

Boolit Mold
    I bought a rebuilt star universal from Bruce, as good as new, pleasure to deal with.
    Tom